The truth about states

For my fellow US citizens, I have news for you. The state you live in is not a state. The US is a state, Germany is a state, but as far as Utah,Wisconsin and Iowa goes,nope,not states. What we call states are more along the lines of provinces because in order for something to be considered a state it must have full sovereignty, which unfortunately places like Wisconsin and Florida don't have. I'm sorry.
Comments38
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This is a Troll Post. All craftstrollship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with semantic arguments. This object menaces with spikes of troll leather. On the item is an image of two trolls arguing over nothing in troll leather. On the item is an image of a troll redefining words in contradiction of both common and technical usage in troll bone.
Comment Flagged as Spam
It is completely different from the EU. You're right in the sense that he is wrong, but the EU is made up of nation-states, not states. Wyoming is part of the U.S, Germany is not part of Italy.
but wisconsin cant declare war on other states
America isn't the only place with states :roll:
I'm sorry, this thread is meant for US citizens.
My country has exactly same state system as America though?

Australia is made up of states and territories.

Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australian and Western Australia are all states. Then we the Australian Capital territory and Northern Territory. There are a few more smaller territories, but I wouldn't be able to rattle off the names.
still not a US, citizen, sorry bro
And that's relevant how?
This thread was addressing US`citizens, silly
What’s next, miles aren’t really miles? They’re kilometers?
You mean kilometers aren't metric miles?
Well they are not equal in distance. So I’m going to have to say…no.
That's because kilometers screws up space and time. I know I'd rather drive 60 miles to the next town than 100 kilometers ;)

I drove to WA state from Alaska a couple of years ago. I was not prepared for kilometers and seeing numbers like 500 until the next town was scary :fear:
You better tell Mexico that to. And Germany- their 'lander' are defined as states. The bastards.
And Brazil...
The United States of America is a federated State. It is a federations of States. The clue is in its name. The United States.

So yes. They are States; they have just ceded their jurisdiction over some issues to a singular federated State. Beyond any powers granted to the Federal government, they are fully autonomous sovereign States.

Tip: Germany is in the same boat with the European Union. They've submitted themselves to a greater union, but not as much as the US. They're subject to the European Parliament under threat of legal action. Yet despite submission to a greater union, they are still an autonomous sovereign State.

So the States of the United States are States. Isn't international law interesting? You'd think when people say 'State' they'd mean 'State'! Why does it have to be so complicated?
Now do a UK version.
I would, but I don't know a single fucking thing about the UK except for the fact that the Beatles and Hitchens are from there.
Those are good choices.
I like your avatar btw, it looks like a Mudokon
It's based on this old thing I did as a kid [link]
I love it, excited for the remastered abe's exodus?
Oddysee. Yes. One of my friends got hired to work on it.
View all replies