Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 38

The truth about states

:iconoprahwinfreyx:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
For my fellow US citizens, I have news for you. The state you live in is not a state. The US is a state, Germany is a state, but as far as Utah,Wisconsin and Iowa goes,nope,not states. What we call states are more along the lines of provinces because in order for something to be considered a state it must have full sovereignty, which unfortunately places like Wisconsin and Florida don't have. I'm sorry.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconunvalanced:
Unvalanced Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
This is a Troll Post. All craftstrollship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with semantic arguments. This object menaces with spikes of troll leather. On the item is an image of two trolls arguing over nothing in troll leather. On the item is an image of a troll redefining words in contradiction of both common and technical usage in troll bone.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
It is funny how the original poster does not even call the US by its' proper name. The country's official name is: The United States of America. It is not the United Provinces of America. It is the United States. The US is a federal union of States representing a larger economic and political cooperation. It is really not that much different than the European Union. States that join either the US or the EU continue to be States after joining.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
It is completely different from the EU. You're right in the sense that he is wrong, but the EU is made up of nation-states, not states. Wyoming is part of the U.S, Germany is not part of Italy.
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
but wisconsin cant declare war on other states
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
America isn't the only place with states :roll:
OprahWinfreyX Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm sorry, this thread is meant for US citizens.
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
My country has exactly same state system as America though?

Australia is made up of states and territories.

Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australian and Western Australia are all states. Then we the Australian Capital territory and Northern Territory. There are a few more smaller territories, but I wouldn't be able to rattle off the names.
still not a US, citizen, sorry bro
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
And that's relevant how?
This thread was addressing US`citizens, silly
Add a Comment: