Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 282

NYS with the US following

:icontimberclipse:
TimberClipse Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Filmographer
As a New York state resident, I was very proud to see that we took the lead with gun control legislation, and that then President Obama followed suit today. 

Some of the main legislative proposals backed by Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are:
    • requiring criminal background checks on all gun sales, including private sales    
    • banning "military-style" assault weapons    
    • limiting ammunition magazines to 10 rounds      
    • strengthening penalties for gun trafficking 

New York State is also pushing for additional limits that would require a maximum of 7 round magazines. 

How do you feel about these changes? Are you glad that after so long the United States is stepping up to the plate or do you feel this is restrictive and unfair? Discuss! But be nice. 

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrobstrand:
    RobStrand Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
    Sit back, relax, and what your crime rate soar once again.
    :iconghostinthepines:
    GhostInThePines Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
    Last time I checked, criminals don't give a damn about any laws let alone gun laws... they'll just get their illegal weapons & accesories on the black market like they always have. Nothing changes with this. It's stupid politics doing things for show and not actually doing anything to solve the problem of gun violence.
    :iconimprovidentscion:
    ImprovidentScion Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
    [link]

Looks like Cuomo had such a massive gun-ban boner to yank that he forgot to exempt law enforcement. Yet again, there is one standard for the rulers (as well as those whose paycheck rides on protecting those rulers), and another standard for the ruled. No matter how many police officers and soldiers assault and murder innocent people every year, the only gun control the progressive airheads want to implement will affect people who don't commit assault and/or murder.

It's easier to take scary black rifles from people who can accept the loss of that rifle so they can continue putting food on their tables than it is to prevent alienated losers pumped full of psychotropics from getting to a point where they are able to harm others. That way the POTUS can go on TV, pat himself on the back, and along with millions of paranoid soccer moms, sheltered coastal city-dwellers, and other varying grades of hoplophobes say "well, we did something about it" and go home.

My questions to anti-gun advocates is simply this: When the next mass murder involving a firearm occurs, where would you want to stop in terms of legislation/executive orders?
    :iconkiwi-punch:
    Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student Digital Artist
    Good for New York. The fact of the matter is, that this is only a SMALL STEP in the right direction. Perhaps by limiting guns, we should also look at re-opening mental institutions as well. It's not just guns that are the issue; people sometimes snap for very psychological reasons and need help to control themselves.

Banning high-powered weaponry and keeping crazies from getting guns is a step in the right direction; but now, it's time to treat those who need to be treated, and to fix this overall culture of violence. Reducing access to high-powered guns is step one out of three.
    :iconsonrouge:
    sonrouge Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
    Define "High-powered weaponry" and "crazies".
    :iconbonnieknox:
    BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
    Do not bother with certain ones. Crazies are those who do not think like them. But a label settled up by an individual with no guts is completely invalid.They seem to hate guns and religion, then pray for somebody to come up with a gun to their rescue if they get robbed.

It is ok to not like guns, nobody is forcing them to buy one. They just have to maintain their noses out of other people's business.

Folks like this get eaten in the south for breakfast before they could notice

How curious the freedom works in some people's minds. Interesting
    :iconsonrouge:
    sonrouge Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013
    Oh, I know that. But it's fun sometimes to make them have to define their terms and watch them struggle to do so.
    :iconvisionoftheworld:
    VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
    Yes to all of the above, but without a very strong enforecement clause it would go nowhere. And I'm not worried about congress. They can pass it in the Senate and let the congress vote it down, only for it to be taken up again in January 2015 after the supporters of child murder get thrown out next election.
    :iconkitsumekat:
    kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
    In all honest opinion, I wish they would legalize murder. Makes it easier for the gun nuts on here to shoot each other.
    :iconvisionoftheworld:
    VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
    Murder basically has been legalized- it's just been renamed "stand your ground". As much as I understand the excasperation, I would just say that my concern is that the gun nuts aren't killing eachother enough- they're murdering children and turning their weapons against you and me, against Christmas shoppers, movie goers, university students, teachers, their own parents and only after all this slaughter they off themselves to deny justice being done to them on earth.
    Add a Comment: