Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 145

Israel and western countries... our relationship. Where?

:iconjaakobou:
jaakobou Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013
Translated from a Middle Eastern Analyst with a PhD in Egyptian Law
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The “Arab Spring” has been clearly perceived in the world as an Arab self-undoing. Libya continues to burn, Yemen is burning again, Syria continues to burn, and the rest of the countries are a moment away from joining this Arab destruction. Only Israel appears as a rule of law, western rock of democracy and security. The only one you can say with certainty that she is a friend of the West. No Erdogan style winks and no hidden deals like Egypt's ruling junta. She is a real friend. Recent turmoil and claims directed against Israel goes to show just how other regional regimes are in hysteria, and try to knock this on Israel. It hasn’t gone well for them.

Western thought, a decade ago, was that by sacrifice of Israel, they could be saved. Today many see that there’s no connection between the attacks on Israel and the constant attacking of Western countries themselves, as there is no connection between the “Palestinian state” issue and the stability and order in the Middle East. The feeling among many in the West, now, is that it is of great value to strengthen Israel, because it keeps them strong with its very existence. She spearheads the fight against the new barbarism.
-- Dr. Guy Bechor

In perspective, Salafi and other hardline interpreters of Islam are taking initiative in "democratically" over-taking western-created tyrannical regimes. Personally, I'm not sure you can call this development "barbarism" even if there are barbaric methodologies employed. Brutality and mass-brainwashing was the way the old regimes, as well as the ones still clinging to their seats, kept their power. In that respect, how can we expect anyone to create change without employing similar methods. As outsiders, though, we are left to consider what values the fighting parties represent and should we trust and get involved based on their attempts to sell us stories about how evil and inhumane their enemy is. In reality, both sides have no real perspective on human rights other than the idea that they should abuse them. In true doublethink fashion, they rape, butcher, and maim each other in the most provocative ways possible yet present such instances to the western community as "shocking" proof that their enemy must be wiped out.

So where does the Israel-Western relationship goes from here? Do you agree with the Dr. or do you have another perspective?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconoddfox17:
OddFox17 Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Student Writer
I want to know why my government pours taxpayer money into a country that:

A. Is more than capable of taking care of itself.

B. Has violated countless UN mandates

C. Treats the Palestinians like scum

D. Has nukes
jaakobou Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Irrelevant notes aside... if you review this thread you'll see that point A, which is the only valid one, has already been addressed a number of times. In short, the US subsidizes the purchasing of its own products, thus improving the industry's stability and further establishing itself through sales with an established high level consumer. No one wants to buy untested equipment. In short, the US "pours" money into a successful business venture in order to cash in on the rewards.

As for the other unrelated and/or exaggerated and made up "points", feel free to kiss Arab ass as much as you like. I'm sure the taste is as good as the Syrian/Egyptian/Yemeni/Iraqi/(take your next pick) massacres. Douche.
OddFox17 Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student Writer
There's no need for name-calling.
:iconjoope:
JooPe Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013
Yeah man, cause ~jaakoboou's nationalistic, racist narrative is so in-line with reality he needs to resort to censorship and blocking to hide when someone calls him on his bullshit. This nutjob is fucking hilarious, isn't he?
OddFox17 Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student Writer
Tell me about it.
jaakobou Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
I'm always shocked to see those buying into the -- completely detached from reality -- Arab narrative. The same type of narrative that can put Ghaddafi led Lybia(!!) at the head of the human rights committee at the UN and give human rights awards to Syria's Assad(!!).
:iconkoreansupermen:
koreansupermen Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
did sending israeli death squads to sandy hook help the relationship?
jaakobou Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
Impressive trolling. I hope no one bites.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
You guys are like the mistress and the west is like the rich business man that has to buy new condoms after finding out you poke holes in them.
jaakobou Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Ouch.

Humor aside... you make a valid point in the case of Egypt and the Palestinian Authority. Both are a serious drain of corruption and pointless money throwing to support people who are not going to get better or more in line with American values. Last I checked they were saying Arafat stashed about 1 billion of the international aid.... tax money going to good use.
Add a Comment: