Petition to cut senators pay to fix american deficit

[link]

if we get enough people, they will stand behind us on it. 35k people already signed
Comments82
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
also anyone saying it won't help... shaadup already...

every little bit will help... the government needs to do this. they need to cut down. to spend less. we're gonna have a shutdown anyways next mouth though so whatever.
thanks ^^;
also i think its both of them retired and current
is this just for current congress only? or is this both current and retired congress?

because the retired ones also get payed a lot of money as well...
For some reason, almost every forum you start, it seems to attract a fair share of jerks.
=-= IKR ALL the jerks..... i just don't even reply any more....i guess i should stop trying to start forums and things XD people just always get offended...
It's a politics forum. Have you ever heard of civility in politics? Neither have I.
XD not just here. i went to general and asked about OC's and what i thought they were and EVERYONE was right. like i couldnt say anything. then when i tried to explain i was an asshole and they wanted to report me for disagreeing... I cant start anything without people coming with an Auto "FUCK YOU" not that i have a problem with disagreement, just the extreme that ive seen here is weird. its like everyone is hiding behind the internet to insult people (not just me) and get away with it. not that I take it to heart I just find it...annoying that no ever even remotely agrees with anything. I mean not everything I think is wrong and most are opinions so, I dunno XD I just dont know anymore M.
I can't defend people in other forums. That being said, this is politics. We're not British pansies. To be blunt, if you can't keep your feelings from getting hurt by various ad hominem attacks, then you probably shouldn't be discussing politics, especially on the internet. I'd love a civil discussion. It just isn't going to happen.
we aren't being civil? I don't feel anything you or I have said is out of line. Then again politics isn't in question at the moment. XD
We're civil right now. I'm saying that, when the discussion of politics is happening, don't count on there being civility.
View all replies
"if we get enough people, they will stand behind us on it. 35k people already signed"

Dunce.

The petition is not a legally binding document.
The petition does not initiate any type of law making procedure.

Who said it was a legally binding document?
The dumbass OP seems to think it is
I'm thinking that we should instead put them on a more day to day payroll, since they already do far less actual work than most of us do in a day.

But can we also push cuts for CEOs as well? Those four million a year for Netflix could be used to obtain titles instead.
Don't buy their products. You dictate CEO pay.
Sure. How should avoid using products in a monopoly situation?
Ummm...don't use it. Or don't complain about the pay you are giving to a private citizen.
They aren't private citizens as I've said before. They are in positions of power, and should be regulated according to their power. So owners of conglomerates should be VERY regulated. They have empires to run, they shouldn't be distracted by things like private jets or multiple house ownership.
They are private citizens. They only have wealth because you give it to them.
I thought Obama was trying to push a bill that lets stock holders dictate CEO pay.
That would be just as awful as the current system.
I'm more fond of the idea of both the House and Senate working part time instead. You end up cutting their salary because they aren't working as much, you can cut a bit more as they no long have to own two homes but can instead try hotels or short term apartments, possibly spend less on traveling (oh look, an enviornmental side affect,) spend more time with family, and spend more time getting to know the people they represent and communicating with them as to what is going on.
This won't even come close to sorting out the deficit. However I do agree with the principle that if Congressmen are going to talk cuts, they should practice what they preach.