Idaho inmates blame alcohol producers for their crimes. Sue for 1 billion!

“If I was not an alcoholic, the shooting would never have happened” -Jeremy Brown

“At no time in my life, prior to me becoming an alcoholic, was I ever informed that alcohol was habit forming and addictive.”
-Jeremy Brown

The inmates claim the companies are responsible for their crimes and should have put warning labels on their products.

That's right. Jeremy Brown didn't shoot someone, Jim Beam did.

Five Idaho inmates are blaming alcohol for the crimes that put them in prison and are suing some of the nation’s top liquor and wine companies for $1 billion.

Keith Allen Brown, Steven Thompson, Woodrow Grant, Cory Baugh and Jeremy Brown all claim that alcohol led them to their crimes and they should have been warned of the beverages’ addictive nature.

Five white guys decided to blame alcohol for their bad decisions, including killing a person!
If you've seen the mug shots, you pretty much think they're all assholes.

I really want to get the transcripts of their testimony if this shit ever gets to court.
I want to hear how they're not responsible for their life's decisions and specifically how it's Jägermeister's fault they're criminals.

Is it slanderous to claim that a product FORCED you into a life of crime?

Link:
[link]

Comments88
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The state should punish those guys for being such worthless assholes and pulling crap like this..., execution! (sarcasm intended, or...no). Lol.

Yes, because somebody forced them to drink the alcohol and commit the crimes. Of course, every liquor company sends some minions that hunt down certain individuals and force them into a crime life.

Senseless lawsuits. People should start to get punished just for stupid lawsuits
I'm sure there are mechanisms that exist that would allow the courts to reject the case.
Of course, but just for pulling that crap out, people should get punished. They take time away from the justice with this bizarre alegations. Senseless lawsuits just increase the paperwork...ugh
That might require more oversight and larger government to keep track of all the bullshit.
I wonder when this lawsuit crazyness started in the States. We do not have all this crazy stuff in Spain, or we have some, but not like this.
Dunno, probably the 70s at least. Some areas are worse than others. It sometimes comes down to State laws.
It gives work to the lawyers and what the politicians normally are?. Lawyers, so there is not interest in changing this really. Sad, but true
Did alcohol also make them drink alcohol?
These guys wouldn't happen to be members of the NRA would they?
They might be. I wouldn't be surprised if the NRA had a prison division for membership:P
LOl. I'd say that the majority of drinkers, alcoholics even, have never committed crimes or would.
"FACT: Alcohol is a factor in 40% of all violent crimes today". [link] I believe that too. Sure it's a factor. But what about the remaining 60%?
Dumb people making dumb decisions account for 95% of the problem.
With some people, everything will always be someone or something else's fault.
Plus all 5 inmates have a lot of free time.
Alls I know is that their 12-Step program isn't working.
Oh yeah. I bet all 5 will hit a bar within the first week of being released.
Maybe. It'll probably be a liquor store though. You don't have to tip a clerk for handing you your Jim Beam in a paper bag.
I got tipped just for packing wine in a cardboard box.:P
They didn't have to tip you though. Nice that they did!
View all replies
When will people take responsibility for themselves?
When the legal system stops being... dicks.
When it's too late.
I'm going to be sick.