Closed to new replies
January 2, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 30

Chris Christie to Congressional Republicans, "Shame on you."

:iconmgonzales041090:
mgonzales041090 Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Now, it isn't unusual for Chris Christie to be pissed off. It's just unusual for him to be understandably pissed off. The story is that Boehner failed to call up a Sandy relief package for a vote following the fiscal cliff deal. The aid package would have included a 60 billion dollar relief package for NJ and NY. Chris Christie was guaranteed a vote on the package following the Fiscal Cliff deal, but obviously the House failed to do that.

"Last night, the House Majority failed the basic test of leadership and they did so with callous disregard to the people of my state," he said. "It was disappointing and disgusting to watch."

At one point, Christie fires at Congress lamenting how "Unlike people in Congress, we have actual responsibilities."

Story:
[link]

Video:
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontheredsnifit:
As I recall, the Republicans had about $30 billion in legitimate aid ready, but then the Dems shoved a ton of pork into it and dared them to not pass it.
mgonzales041090 Jan 5, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Well, if its legitimate aid, hurricane victims have a way to shut that whole thing down.
:iconcrotale:
Boehner has said that the 113th Congress will address Sandy aid. After all, did we even think we'd have some sort of arrangement to prevent the fiscal cliff? Remember, even if the House voted on a bill, the Senate has shown no compunction to address any pending legislature from the house. I'm not taking sides or making excuses, just noting hypocrisy when I see it.
:iconnovuso:
The Senate had already passed the Sandy Aid package. It was all on the House.
House claimed too much pork was included. Allegedly.
:iconneowarriorcat:
At this point I kind of want to purge both houses of congress and write comprehensive rules against attaching irrelevant appropriations bills to other bills. The fact that so many pet projects on both sides of the aisle get funding in this fashion is nothing short of disgusting.
I'm with you on this. Unfortunately, this seems to be the accepted methodology of getting legislation through either side of Congress.
mgonzales041090 Jan 3, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Too much pork? Explains why Chris Christie wanted it so badly! XD

Joking aside...seriously.
:iconpsowill:
After What Reps did to McCain when he dared to run against GW are you really surprised?
:iconjeysie:
Jeysie Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
It's easy to vote against spending if you're not the one who needs it.
Add a Comment: