Closed to new replies
January 1, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 35

Damn, fiscal cliff avoided

:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Who was wishing for America to fall off the metaphorical fiscal cliff and never to hearing another thing from the inmates of that madhouse? I know I was.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconm-j-gagne:
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Not me. I might be Canadian but I know that the affects would have reverberated throughout our own economy. They are a large trade partner after all. A dive off the fiscal cliff would not have been good for our long-term economic health.
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
If you're so in love with America, why don't you live there?
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Where are you getting that I am in love with America? Their economy affects our economy...and probably yours. That's all that I was saying.

Trust me. As long as I have a choice I would never live in the U.S., not until they get their fundamentalist capitalism and religion under control.
carusmm Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
"Fundamentalist capitalism." I like it, can I borrow it?
M-J-Gagne Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sure. And since I am not an FC I won't charge you an exhorbitant amount to use it. ;)
:icondarkzero779:
darkzero779 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
i did..im no idiot... but not exactly off the fiscal cliff...so you probably get that satisfaction sooner than ya think
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
raises hand...

like it or hate it that is what this country needed... those monkeys in power are only prolonging the inevitable the Cliff provides what both parties want at the same time. it'll be hard, it'll be difficult but we would have survived it! if we don't do this it'll just get worse and worse with every day, month, and year that goes by... I say we take our lumps now while we can still recover after it's done and get it over with already before it gets to big to recover from...

instead we got tax hikes regardless of the bush tax cuts being extended. we get effectively no spending cuts and the Debt Ceiling is starting to rear it's ugly head again..

WE CAN"T KEEP THIS UP D: and those nuts in power have failed us time and again only making it worse with every delay
:icongvcspecks:
gvcspecks Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
shame...we will see what happens in 2 months time.
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013
I dunno, although I'm relieved that we managed to bullshit a last-minute deal, part of me just wanted to watch America burn.
:iconmgonzales041090:
mgonzales041090 Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
It's kind of a shame we didn't go over. Not for the entertainment, mind you, but because it is the best way to become economically secure in the future.
Add a Comment: