Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 31, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 170

i dont know if this is political related but how do you guys feel about pollution

:icondevine-consciousness:
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
when i see one of those rivers or streams that have more garbage then soil i get really upset. its hard for me to understand people when they just simply can look past that, i hope everyone can reealize that we live on this planet and that if we destroy it we will cease to exist .. here on beautiful mother earth at least

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm pro-pollution. We have waaaay too many other species on this planet, we should knock a few of them out before they get any ideas and start thinking they should go for the title of master species. This is our planet and I'll be damned if I see any pervert dolphins in charge. It's our god given right to make the lesser species our bitches and what better way to show them whose boss than to toss some garbage in their backyard. Let's see them try and challenge our authority while they're choking on milk jug rings. 'MURRRRICA!
devine-consciousness Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
you deserve little to no response
Humor is completely wasted on you. :|
:iconartificialphantom:
ARTificialphanTOM Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The garbage that you can see doesn't even compare to that you can't see, like toxic chemicals.
very true and thats part of the pollution im talking about.. also nuclear waste is a biggie
:iconomicronwanderer:
OmicronWanderer Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Digital Artist
not to mention in parks.

picking up lots and lots of little bits of platic is not fun.

styrofoam is the worst though. it just breaks appart into smaller and smaller pieces that never really seem to degrade.
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Although... the water from streams near nuclear waste disposal facilities has a taste that can't be beat!
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I don't understand how people can pollute, but I do feel pretty bad that I buy stuff from companies that do (primarily because I can't avoid them if I buy the things I want).

But I do feel super guilty if I throw away a recyclable and am completely ill at ease if I can't find easy public recycling receptacles.
but you could change the way you consume. you are a consumer and there's no doubt about that but we have a choice to buy what we think we really need and what we just deep down don't need it all comes down to what we want
:iconmgonzales041090:
mgonzales041090 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Pollution is just a myth created by liberal scientists to get more money. Just like evolution and gravity!
:iconmclandis:
Mclandis Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I have a petition of 10,000 "scientists" proclaiming gravity to be a fraud being used by the establishment to discredit intelligent falling.
:iconjeysie:
Jeysie Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The irony is that scientists might be willing to give up and concede that one.
We should teach the controversy!
no your mistaking global warming. pollution is being done everyday. us just building cities is polluting
Sarcasm seems to allude you.
*elude

Allude has a completely different meaning. Just fyi...
mgonzales041090 Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
My bad.
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Among other things
:iconthegman0:
theGman0 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
Silence fool! He's a being of light!
Fuck off.
:iconlulfaceplz:
Now, fuck on.
(2 Replies)
Those commie bastards.
:iconwolfyspice:
WolfySpice Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Environmental issues are human rights issues. If the environment suffers, so does our quality of life rapidly deteriorate.
I like pollution with a marinara sauce. Oh wait, that’s polenta.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
Just add some beans to that mix and you can contribute to the pollution problem :lol:
:lol:
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I love pollution!
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I think we should have found a way to terraform polluted ecosystems already.
im sure we have we just didn't start doing it
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I'm against it.
i read that a majority of the ozone is the way it is because of all the nuclear weapons tested and a little little part of it was done by people using cfcs... cfcs from the atom bombs is what did it so yes humanity has an effect on the enviornment but governments have a greater affect and governments could have a greater affect helping to solve it because they have the control over us and land which is sad too
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
the "ozone hole" is a myth
:icondregs-of-humanity:
dregs-of-humanity Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
I've been strongly driven by a love of nature for as long as I can remember, but I find it almost embarrassing to describe myself as an environmentalist with the amount of full of shit, urban, do-gooder liberals taking on the label.

People should take responsibility for their own life and surroundings and work towards improving the environment on an individual level, and note that I use the word 'improving' and not preserving, conservationists are one of the biggest threats to those who truly want to make a positive change on an individual level. Through observing and understanding nature we can adjust and improve it to better suit our own individual needs without interfering with other people and other species.

Government regulations and programs rarely work to benefit anyone but the rich, and are certainly vastly inferior to individual actions. Recycling for example is in some cases more beneficial than production from virgin materials, but more often than not its nothing but a feelgood exercise for the mindless consumers with half a conscious. The only truly effective recycling is that done at home through composting and reusing and repurposing items. People should work towards having barely anything that needs recycling through producing as much as they can for themselves. A very small collective can achieve similar results to individuals and may in some cases be more efficient, but the more that collective grows the more inefficient and divided it becomes.
:iconfooly-cooly:
FOOLY-COOLY Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student
"conservationists are one of the biggest threats to those who truly want to make a positive change on an individual level. Through observing and understanding nature we can adjust and improve it to better suit our own individual needs without interfering with other people and other species."

Are you absolutely out of your mind? Conservationists work to prevent further degradation, but conserving what is left-- we already, every damn day, are hacking away at our environment-- getting rid of conservation would just accelerate this. The US is actually great compared to many other countries in terms of nature preservation because the US government has so much protection and establishment of protected areas. The US has one of the best park systems in the world. And conservation allows us to maintain what precious little unaltered green spaces we have left.

you're right in saying recycling is nothing compared to reducing what you consume. Recycling is not the answer: reducing is.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist
Total preservation can be dangerous to the forests too. All of that under brush and fallen trees makes for fuel for any fires and that's been pretty devastating.

Preserving land (large parks and such) is a great idea IMO. Anchorage is a fine example. A certain percentage of the city needs to be parks.
"Are you absolutely out of your mind?"

Possibly, but I will expand on why I believe this.

There is improvements that can be made to nature to the benefit of the environment and other species. For instance sycamore maples are considered a feral weed within Australia, but they are a tree that grows quickly and can form good hollows within only 10yrs to make homes for native possums, birds and snakes. While it takes a native eucalypt around 100yrs to produce good sized hollows. They also produce abundant amounts of nectar to the benefit of native insects and birds. Another plant considered a noxious feral is the blackberry, but it is a great food source for both animals and humans. Some introductions have obviously been huge mistakes, foxes, rabbits, lantana, pattersons curse, etc... but not every non-native species is destructive and some of them end up being beneficial to the environment. Tree lucerne whilst it hasn't been labelled noxious yet has spread into the wild in parts of Australia, and it will make a fantastic addition I think, its a nitrogen fixating legume that is a great food source for larger animals.

Another example would be Tilapia, Tilapia farming is banned in Australia. Yes Tilapia has become a problem in places like the UK, but farmed responsibly its a fish that could feed the planet and take a huge amount of pressure off the worlds fish supplies as its a vegetarian fish happy living on a diet of duckweed or greenwaste. Its the perfect fish for aquaponics which is a great solution for sustainable intensive cropping. It may not be the tastiest fish but it could take alot of pressure off the oceans, huge amounts of plankton and such are being harvested for food supply for commercial aquaculture, and our oceans are being depleted because of things like people wanting to feed their pet cats fish.

I'm a permaculturist, I have a reasonable understanding of the relationships in nature and I believe there are many species that could fit within the equilibrium of nature to evryones benefit.

I'm not talking about national parks. I think its in everyones best interests to preserve as much bushland area as possible. But these areas can be improved as well by not discriminating against every single non-native species. It seems the difference between feral and native largely is an issue of time and usefulness to humans. Noone has a problem with dingos even though their ecological impact was massive, because they arrived in Australia 4000 years ago.
:iconneowarriorcat:
NeoWarriorCat Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013
The trick with non-native plant species is that they also alter other things, like the frequency and characteristics of natural wildfires in the area.
yes very true and all we can do as a single person is change the way we live our selves. its sad how we can see at this point the effect a government has and how they are the ones calling the shots all for money and power. but with recycling over my life span of 18 years my mom would always recycle when it wasnt mandatory around here but now it is except i heard that most the things we think will be recycled wont. and how they hell does one recycle paper?
"and how they hell does one recycle paper?"

I personally recycle paper by putting it in the bottom of my poultry brooders, and when its covered in poo it goes onto the compost heap. It doesn't really break down much in composting but it will eventually turn back into topsoil.

Commercially paper is recycled by mixing it with water and chemicals to break it down to a slurry or pulp, then more chemicals are added to bleach it white and de-ink it. Its a process that leaves behind alot of toxic chemicals and requires alot of energy in its production as well as transportation.
yeah i thought so.. so what your saying is completely true. what we do with our waste is more important then how recycling companies handle it because we could simply take the paper goods we have and use them in ways to benefit us later on like through compost or just being smart and re using things. i also am at a point where most of the food i eat comes as fruits and vegetables which minimizes the packaging problem. but its bad with all that processed food these days because it comes in so much plastic and all sorts of crap. i think michio kaku would have some good ideas if we turned to him on what we should do
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
When I was about 13 me and my friend tried to clear out a little river near mine, it was gross and needed caring for, we tried doing it in our 6 weeks holiday in the summer, but we didn't get very far at all D:
:iconlittle-wild-one:
little-wild-one Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012
Awww, you were such an adorable thirteen year old! I was such an evil little shit at 13.
I also used to give my sandwiches on the way home to a homeless man, I used to not eat them so he would :p

I was adorable, then I turned into a bitch <:
i remember when i was like 6 in nyc for the holidays and i had like 5 dollars for somereason and my first thought was to give it to a homeless person and my mom immediately said no :(
Haha, well most homeless people aren't actually homeless, most of it is one giant scam.
well the buddha was homeless for some time but he wasn't all sad and hopeless :)
Wut?
I meant, people who are sitting begging/playing musical instruments are usually con artists, they can earn $150 dollars a day, tax free. Unlike the average working day type man.
:iconmclandis:
Mclandis Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
If you mean the buskers, they that because they enjoy it. Earning money isn't the goal.
Add a Comment: