Closed to new replies
December 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

Abuse of power

:iconqueencold:
QueenCold Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Have you heard about the Santa of Austin, TX? He got arrested for chalking messages of peace and joy on the sidewalk with a bunch of kids. If you haven't checked the video out yet, go have a look: [link]

I'm sharing this, because cases like these need the public's attention. Police officers gone bad often still enjoy some sort of immunity, unless they cause a public outrage. This needs as many views as it can get, so at least the bad cops in this video can make way for some good ones.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfuturelisa1:
FUTURELISA1 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Welcome to the police state. Now is for people to finally wake up and smell the tyranny. Alex Jones has been warning people of a soon coming police state and people just laughed at him and called him crazy when in truth Alex Jones was right all along.
:iconfuturelisa1:
FUTURELISA1 Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Correction below: Welcome to the police state. Now it is time for people to finally wake up and smell the tyranny. Alex Jones has been warning people of a soon coming police state and people just laughed at him and called him crazy when in truth Alex Jones was right all along.
:icon13datura31:
13datura31 Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Public positions really should do an MRI scan for psychopathology.
Seems foolish to not do it, especially at our technological level.
Keep them monkeys in check. Which i imagine has something to do with our current shit circumstance, the assumption that since we are sentient means we aren't animals, which is bullshit.
:icondreamrevolution:
DreamRevolution Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
THIS is just NUTS!
Who do they think they are!?!
:iconzezkah:
Zezkah Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student Digital Artist
:icongenius-plz:
:iconcharityk:
CharityK Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
yeah I dont even celebrate Christmas but I think this is absolute insanity. I live near Austin and TExas police in general are all just power hungry dickwads. They said it was because "the capitol is a public building and cant have religiously biased messages near or around it to separate church and state" but what the hell do you see in this video right in front of the god damn capitol? an F-ing Christmas tree! Idiots. Its a public sidewalk that that dude pays for out of his wages. He has every right to right out whatever he wants. Its called freedom of speech.
QueenCold Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
"the capitol is a public building and cant have religiously biased messages near or around it to separate church and state"

So, can gays get married then?
:iconcharityk:
CharityK Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
haha! hell no. Texans be that radical and allow everyone to have the same rights and be valued as equals regardless of sexual orientation or religion?? Dat der's nutting but o'bunch o' daggum liberal tree hugging bullshit, dat is.
...G-d Im ashamed to live here.
QueenCold Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm sorry, pal :(
:iconzagstrike:
ZaGstrike Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Writing chalk on the sidewalk is graffiti, graffiti is illegal.

If he wanted to do this then he should have cleared it with his local council first and gotten a permit, it's not as if they'd likely say be denied to do something as innocent as this. As it is though, he was clearly in the wrong.
Add a Comment: