Closed to new replies
December 24, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 27

Can we deport people we disagree with?

:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
So apparently roughly 32,000 gun rights activists at the time of the article have signed a petition urging the U.S. government to deport Piers Morgan for his unabashed stance for gun restrictions. They believe his powerful influence as a CNN anchor (sorry that's hilarious to me...CNN) combined with his attitudes towards gun control laws is tantamount to an attack on the second amendment (nevermind that by following through on this petition would violate his first amendment rights). [link]
So, should we be able to deport nationals with opposing views? By the by there's a petition with over 470,000 signatures to have Macy's end all of it's business dealings with Donald Trump [link]
How many signatures make petitions such as these valid? Is voicing your opinion against the US constitution on your cable talk show the same as attempting to exhort college records from the president?Who's wrong?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Professional Writer
petitions are a complete waste, sure they will look at it, blah blah things in place. but I have yet to see someone deported in the USA because people didn't believe with them. disappear forever yes, but not deported ;)
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Please, please, please don't deport Piers Morgan. We don't want him back.
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
:evileye: We'll keep him but you still have to keep Mondonna.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Who the glub is Mondonna?
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
:paranoid: Madonna..Damn..IT'S BEEN SO LONG SINCE SHE'S BEEN HERE. :iconjediplx: KEEP HER PLZ.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
You should say "foreign national". "National" without "foreign" suggests he's a citizen.

There's no legal validity to any such petition, and the protections of the First Amendment extend to foreigners as well. Someone in the US legally may deported under a number of different circumstances, but merely exercising his right to free speech isn't one of them.

We have considerably greater free speech rights in the US than they do in Morgan's home country of the UK. This sort of thing is very embarrassing.
:iconcelestialsheep:
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
He has the power of CNN behind him? May God have mercy on our souls... What can we do to stop him? It's just pure evil!

Anyway, considering how the blundering American populace actually is stupid enough to believe complete freedom is an actual good thing, I would say yes. I wouldn't be surprised, shocked, or emotionally overturned to use the word flabbergasted, if they allowed it.

Who all for voting Obama off our island? Let me just get that petition going...
:iconshadowangel3:
ShadowAngel3 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Count me in. :lol:
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I'm pretty sure there are multiple petitions to deport obama
:iconcelestialsheep:
CelestialSheep Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
Add a Comment: