People Voting For Ultra-Nationalists, Why?

Sweden has an ultra-nationalist party that has gone up a lot in numbers the latest years. Media is showing the people the dumb things the Ultra-Nationalists have done, but still going up.

Why? Because they don't want immigrants taking their jobs / cheating to get citizen contribution from the state? But where do they get their information from?

I'm an immigrant, and I can tell you that Sweden is really not where USA is today in learning about racism. But they are on their way there. Just if this Ultra-Nationalist party doesn't win the election.

What are your thoughts on this?
Comments69
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It's a sad fact that when people struggle, for example economically, it is very easy to rile them up against any group which is percieved as outsiders. It happends time and again. Racists and nationalists prey on desperation, they don't offer up solutions but they are great at pointing fingers and humans are *really* good at negativity.
I would rather vote for the patriots then these centerist's we have today. Unfortunatly ultra-nationalists are not patriots.
"Sweden is really not where USA is today in learning about racism"

how the fuck do you know where the USA is on racist?

There is nothing close to european ultra-nationalist parties, that actually has representation in state or national governments on a scale that lets them effect change.
You do need to look at the fact that at least in sweden, what this party is saying about immigrants and percieved outsiders etc would fit right in with a lot of the rightwing republicans in your state or national seats.

The scale for left and right and extreme views is very different depending on nation. The US doesnt have any nazis in government like greece has managed after their country essentially went bankrupt, but your right wing extremist politicians in the republican party would fit right in with many of what are considered very exteme elements over here.

It's difficult to simply make a straight translation of extreme left and right wing from europe to the states, let alone a psecific nation in europe and the US.
"Conservative" in the US right now is mainly on economic issues, and most social issues have to do with forcing reliegon down peoples throughts, but they are a shade of who they were as much as 20 years ago. None of these issues, most european conseratives wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

While there are obvious racial undertones, American conservatives are color blind compared to european ultra-nationalists.

The US of A is the only civilized country on earth which ignores its own immigration laws, publicly.

You can compare how the US treats hispanic immigrants with how Europe treats Roma and Middle Eastern immigrants.
I think it was 1/3rd or 2/3rd of hungarians that despise jews. There's a political party in extreme Hungary that wants to put a list on all jews in Hungary like they did before the holocaust in Europe.

Problem is when political parties like this gets popularity, another famous party will take their ideas. However, Sweden does a good job not making an alliance with the nationalists, whereas Hungary follows the step Germany took in the 1930s.

I think USA has strictly parties that have strict ideas and dont take from others to make their party "citizens favour". I really don't think there are alliances in USA, but I could be wrong. Sometimes democracy can be a good thing, but it's not when citizens in a country becomes racist.
" I really don't think there are alliances in USA"
There are none.

In the American political system, alliances are not politically advantageous, and there are only two main parties, who are despised by what little independents operate at the local levels.

The concept of a european political alliance would be considered close to treason among party faithful.
Because long live my people, not these new people, few of which have done HEINOUS crimes and thus make all new people look bad.
I do not know about Sweden, but I remember pretty well when in Spain we had a rise of ultras in the nineties. Skin heads. There was not a big party behind this, maybe, those skins were supported by an small ultra nationalist insignificant party fraction we had, but basically, they were independent, organizing themselves in small group of teens, who preyed on immigrants and homeless people, beating them up Clockwork Orange movie style. That movement was somehow extended, but the skins seemed to quit the movement the moment they reached their early twenties.

I think that was a reaction to the first wave of immigration we had. For a country used to "export" people, like we were, it was a surprise to receive foreigners. If you combine the fear to the unknown to the economic crisis we were having then

I think is a natural reaction. It is Ok?. No, not at all, but it happens. In crisis times, the tendency is to blame foreigners, but hell, foreigners came because there were jobs, jobs that the Spaniards did not want to do themselves, but jobs after all
Well I guess people agree with the party. They're free to it, just like you're free to disagree with it. Doesn't make you more right or better.
The Scandinavian countries should pick and choose the best and the brightest for immigration, the rest can stay in their own countries.
We actually tried that. Turned out it was a racists act not to accept "everyone", let's let in house dwellers to live with our social shit.
Best thing is due to immigration policies and shit, they live a better life than natives because nation pays their jobseeking and they have car and house. WHERE IS OUR HOUSE AND CAR GIVEN BY OUR OWN COUNTRY!
Canada and Australia have pretty good economies because they have immigration laws that push for educated people and not 'anyone'.

I hope the Scandinavian nations wise up and do the right thing.
They get a car and a house from the government? What we've seen is that they live in a secluded area where all are immigrants, a tiny civilization out of nowhere. It's them you are talking about? They have fled their country.
Adding: Also we are openly racists when it comes to other "non brother" nations so they rather live in sweden because Russians don't give a damn about them. And we are "evil" XD
You think racism gives you status? You get belittled as you belittle others.
Yes, but nation doesn't give temp cars or houses to people who have i.e had their house burned down by arson or something else here.
I find it wrong that they have tax free years and shit and get 2011 Benz under their ass while rest of the people drive 5-20 year old cars because car taxing is heavier than boulder size lead.

"You think racism gives you status? You get belittled as you belittle others."
I didn't say/mean that. I said people are openly racists because of various reasons. I.E Youngsters are forced to learn YOUR language (it's not optional) because it's a history fragment from musket era. (and in general that is love-hate relationship in other areas) - Many grind their teeths because they hear anything about russia because they attempted genocide in musket age + ~100 years ago invasion. Yeah, we don't like many people and you can see it. This seems to be weapon against social bum / misusers too.
Sweden pop. 9 million.
India pop. near 1 billion
China pop. near 3 billion
World pop. 6 billion

I don't give a damn about what you think. Look at these countries. Asia is the world leading in population. Lots of brown people in Asia.

Blondes are a minority on the planet. And this should be one sign to you why racists in Scandinavia are stupid.
Few words about nordic and possibly generic national racism: The fear of losing culture / mixing it with theirs.
Your thinking is odd. What about scandinavians that are not "bright"? And you haven't been in a war it seems.
I'm not sure what mental failures you've experienced but I never said Scandinavian people were not bright.
I said the Scandinavian countries should seek only the best and brightest people for immigration.

War has nothing to do with anything.
I just want to puke when I read your post. You don't understand anything and to me it sounds like you ignore poverty in other countries. You want to raise the bar for rich people and let other people die in wars or poverty.

As long as you don't break the laws of immigration, you are welcomed into a country. It doesn't say "You need to be a genius to be a citizen of this country", while still being a racist target or not being born in this country from people that have half the brain as you.

You didn't say scandinavians are not bright, but I told you that scandinavians that are not bright may live in a paradise just because they are scandinavians. You want a country for Geeks. That will never happen. So what do you do with other people? Burn their corpses?

Just you hope someone out there will help you when you're poor some day 'cause I certainly won't.
"You want to raise the bar for rich people and let other people die in wars or poverty."

Being intelligent requires no wealth. Silly.