December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 147

More people die from fists than do from rifles... fuck gun control

:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
[link]

do you still think we should have tougher laws for guns?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
taking into consideration of this scenario: more people survives a fist fight over a gun fight or a shot from a gun, just saying. especially a shot gun. even though bullets are so cool on x-ray in the body, bullets leave a further mark if the person survives, because there is getting the bullet out, the damage to the body if you can't get the bullet out and so forth. once again, the mind is the weapon to fear, the fists we close to use as a weapon, the weapon we choose to pick up and use... all of these are linked to how the human mind will react to situations, either they being out of acts of evil or justified acts of protection against acts of evil. in which case, do we become evil then upon acting and protecting ourselves with some sort of violence?
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Biased source + you misinterpret like always (like Yama pointed out).

Nothing new under the sun. :roll:
:icondewolfie:
DeWolfie Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Statiscilly speaking, there's a 50% chance of the next person commenting to be a girl.
:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I'm a girl. :D
:iconhtimsnayr:
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
Your post suggests one that "if we have unpreventable problems, we shouldn't deal with preventable ones." (Either that, or "we should ban fists.")

And according to your own source(or, the source of your source), the total of all murders involving firearms (rifles or otherwise) is much higher than fists. You picked rifles out specifically, choosing to ignore other firearms related deaths, in order to push a point.

I'm not entirely in favor of excessive gun control, but I don't agree with your tactics or reasoning.
:iconunvalanced:
Unvalanced Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I think the point was about "assault rifles."
:iconblack-angel-dan:
Black-Angel-Dan Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Writer
...seriously? You take a forum as a source? How pathetic a source can you go at? :lol:
:iconirononiji:
iroNoNiji Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
[link]
The guardian, quite accurate, if liberal media.
:iconwhy-did-kenji-die:
Why-did-Kenji-die Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
heck yeah screw gun control
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
More people die from sitting on the toilet. Problem?

True story: I played Far Cry 3 today. There was a mission where I burned entire crops of weed. Felt fucking good.
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
More people die from guns than die from meteorite strikes.

Do you still think we should have tougher laws against meteorite strikes?
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes, we need to build some laser turrets! :lol:
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Student General Artist
Fisting is very dangerous, I agree
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
That's a link to a pro-gun forum.......
:icongvcspecks:
gvcspecks Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
more people own fists than guns.
:iconrocktzar:
Rocktzar Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
As long as the government and its military/police enforcers have them; the people should be armed in case they have to fight back a tyrannical suppression.

This talk about banning "military type" guns, is nonsense.
:iconhomoerection:
homoerection Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012
That legislation was written in the 1800s, things are a bit different now
:D, that is assuming the police and military are all willing to fight their families. a tyrannical suppression would likely never happen.
:iconblack-angel-dan:
Black-Angel-Dan Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Student Writer
Ever took a look at history? Ever heard the term "history repeats itself"?
:iconmclandis:
Mclandis Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
What do you think a civil war is?
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Do you still think after all this murder that we shouldn't have any laws about who can get guns and what guns anyone can get?

anyone who thinks not has blood on their hands. How bout compare this to abortion.... or in your case, you obviously support after-birth abortion. It doesn't matter how many kids get shot by bullets- DOING NOTHING is clearly the answer. May god have mercy on your wretched soul. Shame on you.
:iconmadamedevoltaire:
MadameDeVoltaire Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist
Well, in Poland it is hard to have a permission for a gun. I love weapons and guns, shooting is my hobby, but I don't think that i want guns to be legal. On the other hand-if someone wants to kill someone else he can do it with a kitchen knife.
:iconheaven-spawn:
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
yea but its sure harder to kill with a knife. you have to get close and the other person can fight back
:iconmadamedevoltaire:
MadameDeVoltaire Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist
sure, that is why I would be afraid if guns were legal in Poland. Now the situation is ok I think-there are some shooters, hobbyists who have a permission because they have great scores in competitions, everything is ok with their minds etc. I think it isn't too often when someone kills with a registered, legal weapon, it should be too easy to find out who did it.
thats true. but legal weapons become illgal when their serials are scratched off
:iconvicsor-s3:
Vicsor-S3 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You are right. We should totally ban handguns first.
:iconsheepy94:
Sheepy94 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Clever. ;D
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
Did you drop a spent shell into your bong?
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Filmographer
Hands: attached to our arms since birth, can be used to build, repair, and manipulate physical objects, combined with a complex brain and social dynamics, it's one of the factors that led to humans achieving world dominance. As a weapon, it is functional if trained, but is limited to close quarters. Lethality is largely dependent on skill or situation. Can be blocked and countered, as well as avoided. limited by fatigue and injury, as well as another person with equal skill in hand-to-hand combat.

faggotry rating: .3/10 (the only thing that has ever scored a 0/10 is headbutting.)

Guns: weapon, and by definition, it's only purpose is to kill and does it quite well. When shot, makes the shooter's dick feel bigger. It goes bang-bang and the shooty bits stop terrorists from killing America. Can kill from a distance away with a twitch of the finger. Cannot be blocked, and the only counter is cover and not being in direct line of fire. limited by ammunition, but the only skill necessary is how to not smack yourself in the face with the recoil.

faggotry rating 7-9/10 (killing someone with no effort with a pull of the trigger and not even getting your shirt bloody or giving the guy a chance is pretty faggy. Doing it and thinking you're a badass because of it pretty much makes you Aquaman; having any confidence of your skills as a badass gunman is only going to get you laughed at by actual badasses who fuck shit up with the same organ they use to fap with.)

conclusion: I lost interest halfway through this comment. don't be Aquaman, and punch someone with your fap hand. thank you.
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
The gun freaks continue to repeat their "hands and fists and gasoline also kills" arguments, and they clearly all think that it makes absolute perfect sense. Clearly, they're right because the murder rate in America is 98% death-by-getting-bitchslapped. We have a problem with drugs killing people- and those are regulated to as a result. When we have a problem (like hardcore dudes in combat gear shooting up movie theaters and kindergardeners) it seems we should make it less easy for them to do so. Yet these brainwashed robots walk around in circles and act utterly astounded when they hear sane people demanding THE RULE OF LAW. OVer guns. I used to think North Koreans were fucked up the way they force tears over their Dear Leader in public at huge parades... now I think I understand how it works. The NRA followers have the same affliction- total brainwipe. Drank the koolaid willingly, and have utterly no sense that anything else exists in the world than their paranoid fantasies.
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Filmographer
yup.

my favorite thing to say to gun freaks: "say one good argument about having a concealed handgun in densely-populated urban areas that doesn't involve fear of bad guys."
:iconunvalanced:
Unvalanced Featured By Owner Dec 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
"Protecting said bad guys from the police via a citizen's arrest, as the police are more likely to shoot them than I am."

Alternatively, because shooting is a relaxing and enjoyable activity.

But see, speaking as the owner of a house which has been broken into four times in as many months, "Fear of bad guys" wouldn't exactly be irrational. Criminals are something I actually do have to deal with on a regular basis of late.
yeah man. totally agree
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Student Filmographer
even the parts with Aquaman and punching people with your fap hand?
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
More people die from old age than guns. I'd like to know what we are doing about that.
quick make a petition to ban it, then we can hunt it down and shoot it! fuck you old age!
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Have you noticed how everyone who gets old comes into contact with the elderly first? I think it is contagious, and old people are the carriers.
bloody old people! we need to make a law against them!
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Probably something like this: [link]
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
You wouldn't rather have a Near-Death Star? [link]
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
:giggle:
:iconmgonzales041090:
mgonzales041090 Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
And now to Ollie Williams with the BlackuWeather report.
:iconzagstrike:
ZaGstrike Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
WHO WANTS THIS DOG?!
IT'S RAININ' SIDEWAYS
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Student Filmographer
IT'S GON' RAIN!
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
So you're into guns, are you?
I find that terrifying.
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
:yawn:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
You idiots can quote, and hunt around on google looking for all the god damned statistics the NRA keeps advertizing- to try and make your lame pathetic argument against the rule of LAW

Here are the facts- 20 CHILDREN were massacred. TWENTY. By guns. So fuck your guns. It's time to give 'em up. And the government is entitled to use any means it deems necessary, as far as I'm concerned.

Any means.
:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
20 children dying is a drop in the ocean
Add a Comment: