Democrats will now destroy the NRA. Good riddance!

With Obama's appointment of Joe Biden to lead the effort against gun violence, the Democrats will now proceed to high step all over the NRA.

As you probably know, the NRA operates solely as a wing of the Republican party -- it's an arms manufacturer lobby group that backs (a lack of) Republican gun legislation, supports Republican candidates and panders to Republican voters...when it isn't busy preying on the fears of average Americans, that is!

The NRA is really just a national corporate terrorist group that forces its pathetically small membership to pay unnecessary dues to support a fringe political platform. So what do we do about that?

While I want to hear what all of you have to say, I think it goes without saying that allowing members to OPT OUT of paying any dues or fees associated with the NRA is probably the best first step to limiting what miniscule influence this organization has left.
Comments101
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I love my guns, and the only thing that's coming out of this is either some damn draconian registration, a big flop for Obama (other than simply, you know, existing), or a ban on 30+ round mags, which I do not use. The NRA spammed the shit out of me once, but eh.

I am no more concerned than I can be. I voiced my opinion to my senator and friends, and can only pray from there.
I own a gun, but I would never join the NRA.
Don't get me wrong, I love my hand cannon, but I don't love my hand cannon.
No one is forced to be a member of the NRA.

And since there is a correlation with this organization and responsible gun owners, we should be promoting it.
Nobody is forced to join a union either. Or to get a job in a union shop.

Just sayin'.
I have no idea what that has to do with a union.
Watch this video and then tell me that the mother wasn't forced to join the union. <[link]>
Schemer was, just ask him. He was also, apparently, accosted by union thugs when he questioned paying his dues!
i think we should just make all guns illegal. then we dont need the nra
Right. Then we just have millions of guns that already exist out there.

Where are all the prohibition makes things worse crowds? Or does this only work for weed?
I watched it. "An assault weapon MUST be automatic", I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what YOU or I call them, the lapsed assault weapons ban specifically mentions 'semi-automatic assault weapons', meaning it's a legislative term. So, the confusion is not in the difference between semi-automatic and full automatic features, the confusion is that the law against an AK-47 'look-a-like' being out on the street in any capacity was allowed to lapse, because it's beyond the pale of home or self defense.
There is a clear difference in full and semi automatic.
But NOT in what is referred to by legislators as "ASSAULT WEAPONS". Gun advocates think they can put their fingers in their ears and simply repeat that ONLY fully automatic weapons can EVER be considered assault weapons -- I'm hear to tell you that you are wrong. Some semi-automatic weapons were already classified as 'assault weapons' under the assault weapons ban, (and rightly so) whether or not YOU or other gun owners agree or not. Assault weapons are beyond the pale of home or self defense. So what constitutes an assault weapon becomes the question. A semi-automatic AK-47 'look-a-like' obviously fits the description of an assault weapon and has no place on the streets of a civilized society.
So the government can just redefine things at will for no better reason than to ban them?

Also, who and by what right, by what code, by what standard gets to define what gun "has no place on the streets of a civilized society"? In a civilized society, government would respect people's right to do whatever they wish in their life so long as they don't initiate force against others.
I don't really care about your assault weapon argument. To me it is a red herring. I just wanted to point out a clear difference in semi and fully automatic weapons.
[link]
This video shows the potential to actually fire a semi-auto just as fast or FASTER than an automatic. Again, what is the glaring difference between an AK-47 and what is shown in this video? They look identical, they fire the same rounds, can both be modified...hardly the clear difference gun advocates would have you believe.
That's nice. There is a clear difference in the two.
I don't know about that. When I first heard that, I thought "Wait, what the hell, Joe Biden is doing something?"
Joe Biden does stuff??
The NRA relies on both Reds and Blue. Your assessment that the NRA is simply a republican agency is incorrect.

"limiting what miniscule influence this organization has left"

The NRA retains considerable influence and political alliances. It's not going away because
of Newton.

The best one can hope for is LaPierre gets his nosed put in his own shit for the lies he
vomited out this weekend.
The NRA relies on both Reds and Blue.
More on Reds. Way, WAY more.

The NRA retains considerable influence and political alliances.
As a lobbying force on Capital Hill, the NRA is very small. For example, organized labor spent ten times more in 2012 lobbying Congress than gun rights groups. They rank below the American Dental Association on The Center for Responsive Politics list of Heavy Hitters (which tracks the top all-time donors to politics). In all, less than 1 percent (actually 0.81 percent) of the (inaptly-named) NRA Political Victory Fund's political spending was spent in support of winning candidates in 2012.

I think the group's gross exaggeration of its own influence will be clear soon.
sonrouge, use the reply button. Or did you block him as well in one of your typical child-like tantrums?
the OP blocked sonrouge?
Other way around, I'm guessing.