Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 100

Democrats will now destroy the NRA. Good riddance!

:iconvorpalpen:
VorpalPen Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012   Artist
With Obama's appointment of Joe Biden to lead the effort against gun violence, the Democrats will now proceed to high step all over the NRA.

As you probably know, the NRA operates solely as a wing of the Republican party -- it's an arms manufacturer lobby group that backs (a lack of) Republican gun legislation, supports Republican candidates and panders to Republican voters...when it isn't busy preying on the fears of average Americans, that is!

The NRA is really just a national corporate terrorist group that forces its pathetically small membership to pay unnecessary dues to support a fringe political platform. So what do we do about that?

While I want to hear what all of you have to say, I think it goes without saying that allowing members to OPT OUT of paying any dues or fees associated with the NRA is probably the best first step to limiting what miniscule influence this organization has left.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconanatarakentara:
AnataraKentara Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I love my guns, and the only thing that's coming out of this is either some damn draconian registration, a big flop for Obama (other than simply, you know, existing), or a ban on 30+ round mags, which I do not use. The NRA spammed the shit out of me once, but eh.

I am no more concerned than I can be. I voiced my opinion to my senator and friends, and can only pray from there.
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I own a gun, but I would never join the NRA.
Don't get me wrong, I love my hand cannon, but I don't love my hand cannon.
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
No one is forced to be a member of the NRA.

And since there is a correlation with this organization and responsible gun owners, we should be promoting it.
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Nobody is forced to join a union either. Or to get a job in a union shop.

Just sayin'.
maddmatt Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
I have no idea what that has to do with a union.
:icondorsaispirit:
Dorsaispirit Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Watch this video and then tell me that the mother wasn't forced to join the union. <[link]>
VorpalPen Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012   Artist
Schemer was, just ask him. He was also, apparently, accosted by union thugs when he questioned paying his dues!
:iconheaven-spawn:
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
i think we should just make all guns illegal. then we dont need the nra
maddmatt Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Right. Then we just have millions of guns that already exist out there.

Where are all the prohibition makes things worse crowds? Or does this only work for weed?
VorpalPen Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012   Artist
I watched it. "An assault weapon MUST be automatic", I get what you're saying. What I'm saying is it doesn't matter what YOU or I call them, the lapsed assault weapons ban specifically mentions 'semi-automatic assault weapons', meaning it's a legislative term. So, the confusion is not in the difference between semi-automatic and full automatic features, the confusion is that the law against an AK-47 'look-a-like' being out on the street in any capacity was allowed to lapse, because it's beyond the pale of home or self defense.
Add a Comment: