train teachers to make head shots

Article by Gordon Duff, a former Marine sniper and “expert” on SWAT, kidnapping and hostage issues:

Keeping it simple, I advocate a “head shot” as a way of dealing with people who shoot children, schools or elsewhere.

In the early 70′s, Israel was faced with much greater problems of armed terrorist attacks on schools. The cry for more gun control was heard then too, but Israel very carefully analyzed all possible options before adopting the proactive position of arming and training their teachers. School shootings stopped and terrorists looked for easier targets. Gun control never has and never will stop criminals and madmen from carrying out acts of gun violence.

[link]

it seems like a practical solution for school shootings carried out by either Israeli Mossad ([link]) or a genuine lone gunman.

I also think the classrooms will be a lot quieter and students more respectful if teachers have a license to kill. What do you think?
Comments52
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
That's seems to be very urgent and also very demanding because it need to be change the mind set in early age, so that next time that kind of thing never happened.
It would only take one student getting their hands on their teacher's weapon and harming themselves or their classmates to turn that idea on it's head.
This is definitely a better idea than training teachers to recognize and act on early signs of mental issues in children. :nod:
Oh, more firearms. Lovely.
I'd give it days at the most before the weapons start falling into the hands of the students. Kids are smart and get everywhere. Kids can pick locks, crack codes, hack computers. They can do all that and be incredibly stupid at the same time.

This measure will put schools in far more danger than they are now.
i agree, all it takes is one unstable kid who gets bullied and it could all go wrong.
It doesn't even need to be deliberate.
exactly, and then the finger will get pointed at whoever allowed it too happen.
Israel has a 60 day waiting period for gun purchases, you must be deemed mentally fit to own one, you are trained in its use and you get 50 bullets for the rest of your life. We should be doing all of this.

Remember when two trained police officers shot 9 bystanders while attempting to take down a man at the Empire State building last august? Doesn't really make the case for having armed teachers in a classroom, does it?[link]

The day of this (most recent) shooting, a man did the exact same thing in a school in China, except with a knife instead of a gun. 4 kids were wounded, 0 were killed. Guns are the obvious problem here.
In the case of China that situation could have turned really bad because in the recent years there's been a rise in attacks on school children, all with knives, many ending in fatalities.

But I agree. Israel jumped early on 'bullet control'. I remember one comedian joked we should just make bullets really expensive, so if someone tries to kill you, you probably deserve it if they spent a thousand dollars just so they can shoot you.
I think you are close to the solution to school shootings. I think in these vulnerable environments there does need to be additional training and equipment available to teachers to enable them to repel any threat. I think an automated system should be used wherein teachers form an integral part of the process, in my mind based completely on this: [link]

Sure, you might get some opponents: those crazy Gun Control weirdos who believe that more guns may actually result in more deaths, but screw them and screw their commonunist sense. Fricken hippies.
Israel was surrounded by nations who wanted them dead. Israel was and to some extent still lives day to day in a cold war status with terrorist. That solution works for Israel only because the situation calls for it.

In the US we do not have even remotely the number of school shootings which calls for armed security guards. Even if we did have them, 9/10 of all schools are still soft targets as the kids exchange classes between buildings on campus.

Bottom line is, having the teachers armed doesn't do anything but teach the kids to be afraid of everyone.

We must push towards a more civilized society in which we fix our problems and you do this with mental health for all, not armed teachers as the last line of defense.

If you really wish to make the schools safer by proactive action... replace class room doors with steel doors which lock from the inside at three places... Vault doors. Replace the glass with bullet resistant glass and line the walls with steel plates. Now you have your fort knocks.
From what I have read so far, even a place like Israel heavily regulates gun ownership. You must have a valid reason for owning a firearm and must re-apply for gun permit for those who can own a gun.

HUGE problems I can nit-pick, if we were to turn a school into a fortress beyond bullet proofing building structures:

1. Training most of the teachers and other faculty members how to use gun is next to useless. You have to be a lot more thorough than that. If this were not the case, SWAT team ought to be a minimal-wage job.

2. Tactical training and constant drills are a must. Otherwise, when hell breaks lose, these teachers will be at a loss as to what to do. They must also be taught close quarter combat, in case they are either out of ammo or lost their guns.

3. How about the kids? They must be drilled in evacuation and other emergency drills well in advance.

4. If hell has broken out, then the teachers face the possibility of PTSD merely by getting into a situation in which they may have to pull trigger. How about the risk of 'friendly fire' incidents? Has it ever occurred to anyone that combat veterans who have actually killed someone in close combat face higher risk of trauma and suicide?

5. In sum: Tactical and psychological trainings cost a lot of money and time, too. Are they worth it?
6) will the coach shoot his star player or try to talk him out of his homicidal rage?

Teachers use a different set if skills. Skills not requiring the pulling of triggers, but of thought.

7) in a panicked hallway, you will not have a clean shot.

8) even if we make the schools safe. (magic) what of the day care centers? You know, the ones which have the big bay windows and let you see the kids play?

What if the hospitals? You are almost never challenged when walking in a hospital. If you were a sick nut, you could go room to room with a knife and it would be 30 minutes (nurse rounds/ baring heart machines) before anyone figured out anything.

Bottoms line. Guns aren't the answer, they aren't the problem. People are.
This is the first thing you have ever posted that I kind of agree with you on.
Stressed out, underpaid, often verbally abused teachers. With guns.

Sounds legit.
What happens if a teacher goes apeshit, and decides to shoot up their class?
Gun nuts will say to you; "Wiki or it didn't happen D:. Or that's not possible!111wun"

Until they arm the teachers and as you say, one goes postal and starts shooting kids. My bet is it would start at the high school level. Then there will be gun nut parents who don't like that teachers are armed, and decide they have the right to arm their children and send them to school packing.
Comment Flagged as Spam
There are eight attacks listed in wiki involving school staff shooting students:

After being removed as principal of South Pasadena Junior High School, Verlin Spencer shot six school officials, killing five, before attempting to commit suicide by shooting himself in the stomach. He was later sentenced to five consecutive life sentences, and was released early on parole in 1970.

Dr. C. O. Swinney shot and fatally wounded his 16-year-old daughter Nellie in a reception room at Normal and Collegiate Institute. He then committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.

Tsui Yin, a 41-year-old former physical education teacher at Li Shing junior high school in Taipei, returned to the school, where he shot and killed the principal, the principal's wife and five other faculty members with a pistol in revenge for his dismissal. He also wounded three others, among them the principal's daughter, before managing to escape in a taxi, though he was later arrested by police when seeking refuge in a friend's house. Tsui Yin was sentenced to death and executed on July 26 of the same year.

During an after-school meeting at West Orange High School to discuss his unwanted advances towards a 16-year-old girl, 41-year-old assistant principal Roosevelt Holloman pulled out a gun and shot principal Raymond Screws, 51, to death. Holloman also shot at two other school officials at the meeting but missed. Holloman then surrendered his gun to a janitor and waited until he was arrested. He was later convicted of first-degree murder.

34-year-old Czech refugee Karel Charva, fatally shot three students, a teacher and a police officer and injured another 14 people with two semi-automatic pistols, before committing suicide at the Freiherr-vom-Stein Gesamtschule.

Teacher Charles Raboroko shot and killed three of his colleagues in the staffroom at Anchor Comprehensive High School in Soweto. When he tried to escape he was hindered by angry students outside the school, whereupon he hid in a classroom, where he was later arrested by police. Raboroko was said to have borne a grudge against one of his victims, Henry Lebea, whom he killed with five shots in the head.

After spending the afternoon drinking, school guard Liang Yongcheng walked into a students' dormitory at a middle school in Longzhou county and threatened to kill everybody who tried to stop him. He eventually committed suicide, but not before shooting a teacher and six students with a hunting rifle.

Chen Peiquan, an English teacher with a history of mental problems, stabbed six students and a teacher in a dormitory at Yang Gan Middle School, killing four of them. He was arrested after fleeing to the roof of the building.
Presumably one of the kids will have a carry permit and take that heroic headshot themselves. You've gotta love gun advocates: with every mass-shooting, their response will always be "if only more people were armed!".
Damn, I thought this was a Meanus thread.