Closed to new replies
December 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 490

How would you fix America?

:icongrendeer:
Grendeer Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student Writer
My studies of history have shown me the gradual decline of America. I'm wondering what ideas you have on how to fix it.

My question: If you could fix America with the flick of a switch, how would you do it?

:matrixfight:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

Grendeer Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student Writer
I thought I'd update how I think America should be fixed.
Ultimately, most of America's problems are a result of spiritual apathy or lifelessness. If Christians were to wake up and start living like Christ, then many of America's problems would simply disappear.
Firstly: Economics
The Bible clearly teaches good stewardship. (Lk. 12:42-48) If the government were to observe the teaching of this passage, then America would start to revover from her economic woes.
Secondly: Marriage
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh." (Gen. 2:24) Unfortunately, this one sparks uproar in homosexual communities. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah over this issue, He will destroy America as well.
Thirdly: School
"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes" (Pro. 13:24) This concept sparked the popular phrase, "spare the rod, spoil the child". If schools were allowed to enforce discipline, academics in America would be much stronger. Also, their would be a lower crime right in American schools, because kids would be taught the difference between right and wrong, and the consequences for stepping out of line would be severe.
Continued in next post . . .
:iconsiegeonthorstadt:
siegeonthorstadt Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
all they need to do is follow the constitution
Grendeer Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Student Writer
True, but does that include the Amendments?
:iconazza9:
Azza9 Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
I have a solution in mind but it involves unicorns...

If we find a living breathing unicorn willing to help only then will the US be "fixed".

(in other words give us something doable please)
Grendeer Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Student Writer
This is a hypothetical situation, I am well aware of how difficult it is in real life, that's why I asked the question in the first place.
:iconazza9:
Azza9 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
I think the original post was political trollbait/ flamebait. I don't think you expect anyone to come up with a feaseable plan to fix a country with so many problems are the US. On a serious note I hope you guys do figure it out.
Grendeer Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2013  Student Writer
Also, I'll try to bring over someone who has a different view by politely showing them errors in their logic. At the same time, I will not tolerate disrespect of any kind.
Grendeer Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Student Writer
Actually, the original post was bait for people to come express their feelings without the fear of being trolled.
I will never attack someone, or blatantly attempt to irritate them. I will ask questions, in an effort to understand the reasoning behind what people say, and I will more than happily argue my points of necessary.
:iconbroo4:
broo4 Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
sounds like u have a good point but to me it could be all fixed if everyone was more educated, and i agree with u about removing all the scumbags out of government. Obama should do a boris yelstin come in pissed and say your all sacked!
Grendeer Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Student Writer
I am not an Obama supporter. In fact, it is his tenor as President that inspired me to create this forum.
Add a Comment: