Closed to new replies
December 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 124

Republicans filibuster their own bill in the wake of the fiscal cliff crisis

:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Last Thursday senate minority leader mitch mcconnell filibustered the very bill he himself proposed to negotiate the debt ceiling. In an attempt to humiliate the democratic party he proposed a bill he was certain would not pass, and when senate majority leader harry reid amassed the 51 votes needed to pass the republican debt ceiling solution, mitch mcconnell filibustered his own bill.
If republicans will filibuster the very proposals they place in the senate, how can any type of negotiation be reached? They are more concerned with admonishing the democratic party and wasting precious senate time with filibustering bills they themselves propose than finding any negotiation to the fiscal crisis america is facing.
[link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvisionoftheworld:
Nothing new here- but this is a massive, huge game being played by tea baggers. I think all of us have realized from the moment they started this that they're going to try and throw the world economy off the edge out of spite for being SPANKED in the election. "Nobody wants our fascist ideas? Bawwwwww!! We'll make them regret it!" That's what it amounts to. I'm so sick of seeing this sick fucktard Cantor and the blubbering idiot Boehner who utterly has to be the worst US House Speaker our nation has ever seen in its history. These guys are a fucking joke, and they're overconfident in all the gerrymandering of their districts that was carried out last year to try to do this and think they're going to have their jobs after 2014. Register to vote- and throw these guys out!
:iconheaven-spawn:
heaven-spawn Dec 23, 2012
welcome to polticis
:iconkitsumekat:
At this rate, the republicans need a prayer to win next election.
:icondebit:
Debit Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
What they need is to find their own version of Moses, that they be freed from Egypt ... *ahem* ... the sinful land infected by the 'pro-tax, pro-choice, pro-gay' Liberals.

But because of their unreasonable snivels and insatiable idolatry of 'American [moronic] values', they piss off God Almighty. He has had enough and tosses them into the middle of nowhere for nearly 40 years. He tells Moses, then Moses mercilessly rebukes the Republicans, 'Obviously, you do not have the balls to be real men. No promised land of Canaan ... *ahem* ... Conservativeland for you. You ain't goin' nowhere! My Boss is very unhappy right now. Do you know why? He has provided Manna ... *ahem* ... Ron Reagan, Gingrich, Bush Jr., Cheney, Ryan, and even Romney. But how did you respond? Instead of feeling greatful, all that you can do is turning your own turf into a decrepit mess followed by another round of sniveling?!'
Pffft! That is almost true.
Debit Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I was rather kind enough to merely trying to make humor out of Moses in a clumsy manner. Should I have instead used others like Samson & Delilah, Eli & his sons, Saul vs. David, and so on?!? (All of their political entanglements were even more complicated than what little that have taken place within the era of Moses. :)
Debit Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Might as well smother the pubic hairs of the Repubes [Republicans] with petrol, followed by tossing a live cigarette to start ignition! :)
That's too generous.
:iconsynapticboomstick:
SynapticBoomstick Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Good grief. :ohmygod:
Add a Comment: