Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 80

Jamie Foxx comments vere on racist?

:icondrybonesreborn:
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ok, so he worships Obama calling him God in one skit. Fine, we're all ok with crazy views.

This isn't so funny. What if a white actor thought it was cool to kill all black folks? Really?

Even the white guy that helps django in his movie gets killed?

[link]

Your thoughts.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconheaven-spawn:
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
black people suffered so long they can say what they want now
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
So, if you suffer, it's ok to glorify crimes against another race?

If one is black and steals bread he should get away, but one who is white should not because he is white?

I'd like to hear more of your theory behind this. Thank you.
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
dude im not talking about stealing. just sticks and stones man words dont hurt
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Nice opinion. Words can and do hurt. Check out some psychology on it. Thanks.
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
words dont hurt unless youre stupid
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Nice opinion. IQ has nothing to do with it.

However, research indicates otherwise.

[link]
[link]

[link]

racism-> [link]
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
wtf does racism have to do with anything
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
His comments vere on racism. Either way, words due hurt.

Threats are threats.

He felt good killing off whites as a character?

Poorly done joke.
:iconfngrscr8dstroui:
fngrscr8dstroui Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Professional General Artist
Why are you so worked up over what he said? It wasn't even funny (tho I've never really found Foxx to be my sort of comedy tea), and it's a Tarantino movie at that...you'll find worst in his own films than what actors in them say off the set.

Personally, Foxx's comment just falls into a line part of a culture of race-based jokes, which are tasteful if done right, balanced out and not relied on the mere shock of them. But a lot of so-called "comedians" think if you put <ethnic group> + "people" in the same sentence and laugh your way through, it'll be funny. No, not unless there's substance there, and a real joke too.

I think Foxx was trying to be funny when saying it, but as a joke it fell a bit flat. In the context of the movie tho, it's fitting ('cuz that's essentially what his character does, to put it rashly).

I think we aughta also be more careful when using the term "racist" too, tho it's really something for a whole different time. Cut to the chase, Foxx made a joke as a black guy about killing white people. Joke isn't funny, but only b/c his delivery sucked. When you say 'racist' you make it sound like he had malicious intent in saying it; clearly he did not. But it's to a point in this country now where you can't even talk about someone of a different skin tone w/o being called a racist by others, and that's especially sad.
DryBonesReborn Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Why am I worked up? So, I'm not to be worked up (which is trying to imply how I should feel) and also saying I'm to watch about the term 'racist'.

I agree it's thrown around, I said 'verge' on that term.

When you have school shootings, people can be sensitive to that term about someone killing people and thinking it's fun, even for comedy. Some people did not laugh in that scene.
Add a Comment: