Jamie Foxx comments vere on racist?

Ok, so he worships Obama calling him God in one skit. Fine, we're all ok with crazy views.

This isn't so funny. What if a white actor thought it was cool to kill all black folks? Really?

Even the white guy that helps django in his movie gets killed?

[link]

Your thoughts.
Comments81
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
black people suffered so long they can say what they want now
So, if you suffer, it's ok to glorify crimes against another race?

If one is black and steals bread he should get away, but one who is white should not because he is white?

I'd like to hear more of your theory behind this. Thank you.
dude im not talking about stealing. just sticks and stones man words dont hurt
Nice opinion. Words can and do hurt. Check out some psychology on it. Thanks.
words dont hurt unless youre stupid
Nice opinion. IQ has nothing to do with it.

However, research indicates otherwise.

[link]
[link]

[link]

racism-> [link]
wtf does racism have to do with anything
View all replies
Why are you so worked up over what he said? It wasn't even funny (tho I've never really found Foxx to be my sort of comedy tea), and it's a Tarantino movie at that...you'll find worst in his own films than what actors in them say off the set.

Personally, Foxx's comment just falls into a line part of a culture of race-based jokes, which are tasteful if done right, balanced out and not relied on the mere shock of them. But a lot of so-called "comedians" think if you put <ethnic group> + "people" in the same sentence and laugh your way through, it'll be funny. No, not unless there's substance there, and a real joke too.

I think Foxx was trying to be funny when saying it, but as a joke it fell a bit flat. In the context of the movie tho, it's fitting ('cuz that's essentially what his character does, to put it rashly).

I think we aughta also be more careful when using the term "racist" too, tho it's really something for a whole different time. Cut to the chase, Foxx made a joke as a black guy about killing white people. Joke isn't funny, but only b/c his delivery sucked. When you say 'racist' you make it sound like he had malicious intent in saying it; clearly he did not. But it's to a point in this country now where you can't even talk about someone of a different skin tone w/o being called a racist by others, and that's especially sad.
Why am I worked up? So, I'm not to be worked up (which is trying to imply how I should feel) and also saying I'm to watch about the term 'racist'.

I agree it's thrown around, I said 'verge' on that term.

When you have school shootings, people can be sensitive to that term about someone killing people and thinking it's fun, even for comedy. Some people did not laugh in that scene.
I'm don't actually know when Foxx said the comments; if it was right around the Sandy shootings, it was poor timing. Even then tho I'm certain he didn't mean it maliciously, and the world has to keep moving on even despite the tragedy so...

Again, it's really sad what happened to those people in that shooting; if I were in their shoes I'd be upset over hearing a comment like Foxx's too. And even while not in their shoes, it's a pretty unacceptable comment on many levels. But you can't keep the world from doing it's thing. Best to hope they don't make those comments in spite of your suffering, and just don't bother to listen to them if you can help it.

Actually, I'm particularly mum about another comment Foxx made regarding Hollywood's role in the whole shooting. Telling the industry to censor itself, essentially. But that would be giving the killer more power, and curtailing creative expression. We just have to hope the industry is ethically smart enough to bring a balanced approach to its violence, but saying it has to pretend it and guns don't exist by banning them from their films? Unacceptable.
A comedian said something inflammatory?! ON A COMEDY SHOW?!
WHOASHIT! Someone call the national guard! Someone call the army!
I don't think Saturday Night Live was the most wise place to say the joke. I know it's a comedy sketch show, but with millions watching, just didn't seem smart to me. Nor was the delivery on the joke any good.

I do think, that if a white guy said it, but "killing blacks would be okay", then the liberals would go absolutely bonkers.
I can see if they had a rated R channel for others. What if an impressionable 10 year old stayed up that late hearing it?

Exactly.
Probably the same reason the producers of Black Dynamite portray Nixon as a genocidal mastermind with a serious case of black penis envy. It's a comedy show. [link]
I dont care what he said, hell he can say what ever he doggone pleases, just about. Thats the neat thing about the 1st amendment. You can spout off whatever the heck you want almost and no one can really do anything about it. Tell that to Michael Richards and Don Imus though and they'd probably call you boldfaced liar.

Look, I can see how what he said may offend someone. It certaintly doesnt offend me because I highly doubt Jamie Foxx wants to kill all the white people, they watch his movies too. He said it for laughs, and I get the humor, and it the whole monologue was actually kinda funny, I wont lie.

What I dont like is the political correctness that says he can go on SNL and say that, but if, say, Larry the Cable Guy went up there and said "I killed all the black people, how great is that?" he would be crucified.
Actually no. The first Amendment doesn't allow hate speech anymore or threat. Hanging a noose with a fake dead body is offensive and not free speech.

Yeah, well sometimes somethings aren't funny, or they have bad jokes.

Yeah, seems PC works against the majority, and not equal to all.

Thanks for your reply.
Jamie's not the first black man to rant about killing off all white people and he won't be the last. I just hope such people are ready for retaliation if they ever go beyond talk.
Here's more conservative blog-rage about racist comments. Enjoy: [link] :rofl:
Bill Maher wasn't very funny in this.
Good job going to an extremely self-centered right-wing blog for this.

Let's not bring up the fact that Jamie Foxx is a comedian or has made hundreds of skits were he makes fun of black people.

And yes white comedians have made jokes against black people. Please don't get your pants in a bunch. :)
How is is it self-centered right wing when it's coming out of Jamie's own mouth?

Yeah, but what's funny? Laughing at jews dying in the Holocaust? Not funny.

Who? And it doesn't mean I condone it.
The website is, not Jamie Foxx.

And yes I have talked to a lot of white who make holocaust jokes and complain about me being politically correct, yet if someone makes a 9/11 joke it's like they caused the end of the world. People make Holocaust and Hiroshima/Nagasaki joke every time they can.

And it's great that you don't condone it, but the reality is that it still occurs everywhere.
Isn't that just a judgement? So Jamie Fox is peachy for this?

Well sad, it's one thing to talk about your own race, it's another for another race. Such a self-deprecating humor. I think the 'Red Neck' jokes by a 'red neck' are ok if they find it ok.

Yeah, shame. We shouldn't slay others with words as a joke. The whole 'yo mama's so fat, or old etc' Or 'you're to x, y z.'
He's comedian, if you want to crucify one, you have to crucify them all. And believe me, the amount of black jokes he's made makes him sound more pro-white.

And yes humans are stupid. Nothing can be done by that.