Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 33

Have we got to the point where its impossible to trust any elected official?

:icondannimondesigns:
DannimonDesigns Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
From your local municipal councilman to the President of the United States. In some form or another, they have some association with corruption. You read about it every day in the newspapers and on the internet, you hear about it through broadcast media, there is just no escape from it. Everywhere you turn there is another corrupt politician doing something to screw the people who elected them.

Honestly I dont think a single elected official has the capability to be honest. It must be some law someplace where if you become a politician or associated with politics you HAVE to be corrupt and not listen to the people who elected you and instead pander to corporations, lobbyists and whatever that isnt the people. its so bad that where I live, Chicago, IL USA people are not only used to corrupt politicians but we even celebrate them as heroes. These people are not heroes, they are criminals. Thats like saying our greatest hero is Adolf Hitler or Osama Bin laden.

Do you all think its impossible to trust any elected official? Personally I have given up all hope. I think the 2012 election will be the last one I will ever vote in.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconghostinthepines:
GhostInThePines Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
:eyepopping: Wait!... You mean there are still people in this world who actually trust politicians and other elected officials? :eyepopping:
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
As bad as elected officials are the vast unelected bureaucracy behind the government is even worse. Just look at how bad Karl Rove and Donald Rumsfeld were during the Bush era. Who can forget the Cynthia McKinney hearing [link] that exposed the blatant fascism and war crimes of the bureaucracy. Under Obama we have Eric Holder committing outright treason with Fast and Furious. Timothy Geitner has been in the pocket of Wall Street and was pretty much hand picked from the board of Goldman Sachs. Geitner and his cronies are being sued for $43 trillion dollars. [link]

Bottom line is don't trust anyone involved with the government and support only a minimalist state power. Liberty and unalienable rights is only way to fight this type of murderous corruption.
:iconpassing37:
passing37 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Politicians lie, it's what they do.
:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   Writer
Let's put it another way: Have we ever been at a point where it was possible to trust any elected official?
:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012   Writer
And 'trust' is a dirty word anyway. Shouldn't have to trust anyone.
:icondannimondesigns:
DannimonDesigns Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
[link] I like this idea...
:icongenstian:
genstian Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Artist
Yes. Since I was 6 and portrait myself as a corrupt dictator, I realized that no people have other people in their best intrest, but rather if they have the power to enrich themselves, they'll do it. In any country, so long that power exist, the people motivated by the wish to enrich themselves will want it more. Hench no elected official will ever be fit to rule any other, or rather, no human being will ever be fit to rule any other human being. Take a few hours, and read history, this is universal. And it will never ever change. No human should have the ability to get such power.
:iconpsyopjunkie:
psyopjunkie Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
i think the solution would be to rename pedophiles as enemy combatants and to torture them. many corrupt politicians are also pedophiles. by having a medieval styled pedophile inquisition this would clean up politics. when politicians see that people like burning them they will think again about becoming corrupt.
:icondebit:
Debit Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
If the level of distrust were quite high, then we should be seeing trends like higher black market activities (e.g., distrust over taxation and official currency), growing rank and file of underpaid public sector workers, bribery becoming the norm whenever you need to get something through government bureaucracy, looser control over government-owned assets (e.g. 'misplaced' inventories in military bases), and so on.
:icongenstian:
genstian Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Professional Artist
Ow, but we do. Most people don't liek being taxed (stolen from), they just don't talk to high about it since it might get them into trouble. And the last couple of years the amount of trade in bounds or valuable resources like gold, silver and platinum have exploded. We don't tend to see a gradually drop in the currencies. At some point, the US might refuse to pay it's debt, and you see the big drop over night. But most people agree that it will hold for a few more years. Same goes for the euro, it will hold until Germany withdraws. Public workers complain every year about something. Lobbyism is the norm, haven't you noticed what a few millions might get you? Using your contacts, or even giving a buck under the table for a faster processing is not uncommon in most of the world. Mostly due to bureaucracy being annoyingly ineffective.

Running away with government asserts is still high risk, and for miltary supplies, I believe thats treason. It's simply not worth the risk. Grabbing some cheap property from the government works way better. Most public works have no problem taking office supplies, but it's not something we normally care, or do much statistics with anyway, it's a measly few cents.
Add a Comment: