Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 102

16000 reports of rapes against women serving in the American military.

:iconpsyopjunkie:
psyopjunkie Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012

The residents of a village in northern Afghanistan say American troopers raped several women during a nighttime raid in the rural community.

The locals said that the incident took place in a village in the Chahar Bolak district of Afghanistan’s Balkh Province where US special forces carried out house-to-house searches, Afghanistan Information Network reported on Sunday.

However, the name of the village was not disclosed as the villagers said they had been threatened by the commander of the US forces with “consequences” in case of complaining about the issue.

The story [above] is taken from Press TV. It was reported in NO western media. What I can say is that this is a story that is repeated on a nearly daily basis in Afghanistan and anywhere American troops are operating, not just against local population but over 16000 reports of rapes against women serving in the American military.

Real numbers are estimated at around 50,000 per year and increasing dramatically.

With over 200,000 women in the military but about a third under exceptionally high risk “for sexual assault” deployments, escaping sexual assault is almost an impossibility in many commands, meaning that virtually all women are assaulted at one time or another with prosecutions running less than 3%.

First of all, we can blame the command structure, including and especially leadership from the service academies, all ridden with sexual assault scandals or their own. We can look at the highest levels of military leadership where we are seeing one prosecution after another for improper sexual behavior from “affairs” to rape.

What we aren’t speaking of, what is never in print, is that, with the military in its current “burned out” condition, recoiling from its low ebb of hokey “war on terror” jingoism, we are seeing our recruiting patterns “settle in” as they always do.

Our military is filling with criminals, systematically recruited from street gangs, from jails and prisons, a great secret, as we send those unfit for American society to live in Afghanistan and feed off the local population as drug cartel enforcers, social misfits and, as we note here, rapists and murderers.

[link]

should something be done about it? i don't know, like maybe another slutwalk?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzingam:
Zingam Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Military service is bad for males let alone for women. I think that the idea of equal rights and feminism completely messed up the minds in that case. Woman have no business serving in the army. The army has never been the honorable service that is presented by the propaganda, the media, the literature, the legends and the myths. It was always been for just that killing, raping, looting, conquering. So what you say: "Our military is filling with criminals, systematically recruited from street gangs, from jails and prisons, a great secret, as we send those unfit for American society to live in Afghanistan and feed off the local population as drug cartel enforcers, social misfits and, as we note here, rapists and murderers." ... this is just normal and it was always the norm!!! From the vikings, to the first conquistadors, from Alexander and before right to modern times. War was never fighting evil aliens to save the planet Earth. War was always about: My master wants the lands of your master, so he sends me to kill you, who guard your master's properties. And quite often when if I defeat you and capture you, my master would order me to decapitate you but he will spare your master.
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I sort of have my own doubts about this...
But that aside, I must say
that our standard of what rape is- is pretty much what normal sexual relations are for just about all women in Muslim countries is like.
Given that, I don't know what your point is.
psyopjunkie Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
"rape is- is pretty much what normal sexual relations are for just about all women in Muslim countries is like."

hi read this blog and ask yourself is this really a normal experience for a muslim girl in a country without US soldiers?

“I was in the garden with my younger sister, we were washing the clothes. Three Soldiers came into our garden, as I saw them coming to our house holding guns I got scared..."

NSFW:

[link]

think about it. if it were normal why do muslims execute women who get raped for adultery? they would have no women left! this is just a prejudice you have stated. it may be partially true, sexual harassment is high in muslim countries, but it does not excuse rape by US soldiers.
:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I like how people who are calling this thread "bullshit" are males.
:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012   Writer
Maybe they should make it so only gay people can serve in the military?
but boys were raped at abu ghraib too. gay people are pedophiles and rapists too.
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
"Real numbers are estimated at around 50,000 per year and increasing dramatically."

:iconliesplz:

Funny how the numbers are "increasing dramatically" while the troops are reduced in number and still leaving.:rofl:

It's all bullshit. Nice try though.
"The Guardian covered the abuse in depth last December and reported that in 2010, 3,158 sexual crimes were reported within the U.S. military. Of those cases, only 529 reached a court room, and only 104 convictions were made. 104 convictions out of a reported 3,158? Combined with the estimated 19,000 unreported cases of sexual assault and harassment last year and you get an estimated 22,000 military soldiers that have been sexually assaulted or raped within the U.S. military. "

[link]

from huffington post.

are you saying 50,000 is that much different from 22,000 given both are stated as estimates? estimates always vary widely depending on assumptions.
:iconmeanus:
meanus Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
actually its the afghan women raping american soldiers...real men, not ruled by some dirty old Iman are terrible exciting to them
hi will you make light hearted jokes about the rape of iraqi children by US soldiers as well?
meanus Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
hey dude, if Mohammed could have a nine year old child as a wife....?
so mean ...
meanus Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
don't be so had on yourself. examine your racist views honestly and try to make changes
i'm cool that im racist. are you cool with making light hearted jokes about child rape?
meanus Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
why did mohammed marry a nine year old?
because he is a pedophile?

doesn't excuse child rape. at least to normal people ...
(2 Replies)
:iconkemcar:
kemcar Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I am disheartened to know this, feel so sorry for the poor people the american military victimized.
Shut up.

It's bullshit and you fell for it. good job.
:iconkemcar:
kemcar Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I don't think you have basic manners, maybe you just couldn't learn how to talk, however doesn't make any difference, there are lots like you these days.
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
Oh believe me, he's worse than just lacking "basic manners."

He's a part of the cabal of white males that infect this forum.
prove it is bullshit.
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
He can't prove it, because that means he'll have to learn to start being respectful to women.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Learned about this in Women's Studies not to long ago :c I kinda lost a bit of respect for the military after that, and being that my dad was in the military, I felt there was probably not much wrong with it. But now I'm kinda wondering what else I can possibly lose faith in...
Sexual assault IN the military is very real.
The sexual assault in this topic is very fake.
Don't get the two confused.
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I assumed we were talking about in the military... Then what's the real topic!? :dead:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
The guy is trying to combine militray-on-militray assaults and military assualts on civilians
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
That's hardly the same thing. Sure, all rape is bad, but both are motivated for different reasons.
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012
Indeed
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
How much attention can the OP get.
Pffff XD
hi the afghanistan rapes and the rapes of iraqi women and children and the rape of female US soldiers are all rape by US soldiers.

why do people want separate threads for each kind of rape? why is rape of female soldiers seem "believable" to some but not rape of civilians?
Soldiers of probably every country have been known to rape those outside of their country, I was just saying I was shocked to hear about soldiers raping soldiers of their own military.
surely there must be a solution like make inquiries into rape cases a matter handled by an independent group ... i honestly don't know I'm not a lawyer or someone familiar with army organisation.

It does seem weird feminists protest slutwalks to win imaginary arguments but haven't solved this issue.

maybe a penis cam for every male soldier...
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't know why this isn't a bigger issue. Being in a stressful situation and such should NOT be an excuse to rape someone. From what I've heard, I think the higher officers just don't feel they should be taking the rapists off the field for need of soldiers, and the raped may get a threat of dishonorable discharge if they left. If anything, I would have thought that you should feel safe with your fellow soldiers since you are all fighting for the same cause, but NOPE, I guess I'm wrong 8I
:iconcrotale:
Crotale Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
VT is not a reliable source of information.
so google other sites too. not my problem if you are prejudiced against VT.

On Friday of last week, the Department of Defense issued its Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military. First conducted in 2004, this report has helped shine a light on the severity and scope of the crisis of rape in the US military. The disturbing statistics that have been reported include the stunning estimate that, in FY 2010, there were 19,000 sexual assaults among Active Duty personnel.

[link]
:icontanzuse:
Tanzuse Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Don't use Google ... you know by whom it was made right?
:iconscythepuppet:
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
No, who?
Tanzuse Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The bad Jews hehe
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have no idea what you're talking about. Keep clarifying.
Tanzuse Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That was a joke I made for him...
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, you ruined my viciously straight-laced response with your lame joke. So now we're both unhappy.
(1 Reply)
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
Except that talks about rape within the military, not the soldiers raping villagers. You're talking about two different situations. The latter has questionable accuracy and isn't mentioned in the Western media, the former is touched on from time to time in the Western media and probably has some more truth in the matter.
see this site for many cases of civilians raped in iraq:

[link]

"Children raped by American soldiers in front of their mothers – Pentagon has tapes"

[link]

if you don't hear it in western media, it's a cover up

"In May 2009, Barack Obama announced he would not comply with a court order that would have brought hundreds of meticulously documented cases of rape and sexual assault from prisons in Iraq and Afghanistan to the forefront of public debate and scrutiny."

[link]
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Once again, you have failed to clarify which you are talking about. You're merely jumping between two topics.

You've also only linked to one website of questionable authenticity.
:iconpsowill:
PSOWILL Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
:shh:
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
That seems rather...inflated a statistic.
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
you don't say
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
I do say.
:iconladysuzaku:
LadySuzaku Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
How can you be so certain of that?
Add a Comment: