Details

Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 128

Capital punishment

:iconanderaminela:
What do you think of the death penalty, in various states of the US, and why do you believe what you do?

Should it be abolished entirely, or is it useful and beneficial?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbasilgrieve:
I don't think it should be abolished. If you think capital punishment is against human rights, I would rather say that sending someone to jail till death is worse than capital punishment. It is more cruel than capital punishment.

If someone has committed a crime which deserves capital punishment, he/she should be given it.

[link]
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why is executing a convicted criminal so expensive, though? I honestly don't know. I think it's because of all the appeals trying to get the sentence commuted, but I'm not exactly sure.

Aside from that, yes, I do support capital punishment.
Yeah, the appeals cost a lot.
Cosmic--Chaos Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
There needs to be a limit on how many appeals a convict can make while they're on death row. I'm surprised that the courts haven't suggested something like that yet. ...Well, I'm a law student, so maybe I could work on that when I pass the bar. Worth a try :P
Definitely worth a try.
Cosmic--Chaos Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Absolutely :nod:
:iconivorysinkshore:
ivorysinkshore Dec 6, 2012  Student Writer
It's expensive and too nice of a punishment in my opinion.
Too nice? What would you propose instead?
:iconivorysinkshore:
ivorysinkshore Dec 6, 2012  Student Writer
Then again, it's also expensive to keep them alive as well.

I think it's too nice because there are some criminals who would rather die than go to prison where they could be killed by fellow inmates or raped.

There's a jail in Texas or somewhere in America (or so I've heard) that is outdoors and criminals have to make their own house and food and stuff like that. Isolated. (I'm sure it's fenced in) I think that's fair for the really bad criminals.

I also believe that they should stop making some jails so fancy with tvs and such. It's stupid.
:iconartistoffewtalents:
What about the people who are falsely convicted? Why punish them for the crimes of other people?

Currently, there are prisons who have programs where inmates are allowed to keep a cat at their own cost. Evidently, it changes people. Personally, I think there should be more programs like it, there certainly seem to be benefits and it doesn't cost taxpayers.

Even criminals are just people. People who made a mistake.
Add a Comment: