UN general assembly vote on Palestine

The United Nations General Assembly has voted fairly resoundingly (138 votes to 9 with 41 countries abstaining) to lift the Palestinian Authority's UN observer status from "entity" to "non-member state". [link]

The important impact of this vote is that it means the UN recognises the Palestinian state.

Australia was one of the countries who abstained from this vote - [link]

What is your opinion on how this will aid or impede the Peace process that must move forward?
Comments457
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Is this some kind of challenge?
put together the rest of my messages.
they make no sense man. "non-stop. over and over one line comment and make a stupid to every thread one line comment"
figure it out
too lazy gonna go blaze a blunt
View all replies
Who cares!!!!!All I care about is about the two bombs Palestinian's morons exploded in my country killing about 3000 of us. Honestly, what is their problem before the bombings i didn't even know about Palestine, yet we got involved because I don't know maybe they didn't like our meat.
What does a little country in a totally different continent have to do in the mess.

Screw them for all I care!
it just struck me ...you're not talking about 911 are you?

If so, then it was not Palestinians, but Al Quaeda (15 from Saudi Arabia, 2 from the United Arab Emirates, 1 from Egypt and 1 from Lebanon), and it was not 3000 of us, but 3000 people from 90 different countries, some of whom were arabs. But there was no bombs, which is why I am really confused by what you said. 19 hijackers took 4 commercial airliners and flew two of them into the World Trade Centre, one of them into the Pentagon and one into a field in Pennsylvania.

If you were referring to that terrorist attack, maybe it would honour the dead more if you got more informed about it. If you weren't, please tell me what bombing terrorism you were referring to that involved 3000 dead and an attack by Palestinians.
that person is in canada not usa
not all attacks happen in the States lol :P
also one plane didn't crash into a field in Pennsylvania, it was shot down.

Flight 93 shot down by the US National Air Guard. Shown by FOX at 16:29-16:30 September 11, 2001, and once more at 22.30-22.32 the same day. A service-woman said to be Lt. Col. Phyllis Phipps-Barnes from DC Air National Guard confirms this fact to the FOX reporter. Flight 93 exploded in the air still at a high altitude and its debris are scattered at a distance of at least 6 miles. It is not like an infamous slip of the tongue by Donald Rumsfeld who slipped up saying a plane was shot down over Pennsylvania. This is a public news report -- i.e. legally admissible evidence.

[link]

Fox news Video:

[link]
Israel tried framing palestinians for 911, so you can see why he got confused:

The mystery caller told the 9-1-1 dispatcher that a group of Palestinians were mixing a bomb inside of a white van headed for the Holland Tunnel. Here's the transcript from NBC News:
Dispatcher: Jersey City police.
Caller: Yes, we have a white van, 2 or 3 guys in there, they look like Palestinians and going around a building.
Caller: There's a minivan heading toward the Holland tunnel, I see the guy by Newark Airport mixing some junk and he has those sheikh uniform.
Dispatcher: He has what?
Caller: He's dressed like an Arab.

[link]

and actually, it was bombs (some nuclear), but I know from our last conversation ([link]) you aren't interested in the facts, just the myth.
I actually find a previous suggestion you made (that that the Bali attack was nuclear) particularly offensive for some reason (I think it is because it flies in the face of logic, evidence and admission) ...and similarly think your thoughts about a nuclear attack on the WTC towers are misguided. So you are correct, I am not very interested in your version of facts.
i find it distasteful you don't care how all those people actually died.

Biggest Newspaper in Indonesia Denies Conventional Explosives Were Used in Bali

3. The van driven by Amrozi was a decoy loaded down with a ridiculous mix of TNT, Ammonium Nitrate, HMX, Semtex, PETN, Chlorate, napalm and could have included others. These explosive compounds were blown over the blast site, providing the "international investigating team" with cover for the real device, which was a small plutonium bomb, undetectable by conventional Geiger counters and most likely delivered in one of the hundreds of food carts in the area.
This will account for the lack of radiation detection at the site and the absence of immediate radiation sickness in survivors. Plutonium must be ingested or otherwise introduced into the body in order to kill.

4. In addition to destroying forensic evidence, the fact that the "international investigation team" bulldozed both sites and surrounding areas indicates that the removal of plutonium was also their goal. Choosing the ocean as a dump site would further dissipate any radiological material, making identification of the perpetrators that much more difficult, if not impossible.

6. "Investigators" from the United States FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) and BATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms) were present at the blast sites with 24 hours. The speed of their arrival has never been explained, indicating that they were already present when the bombings occurred. Also present were over 30 "military personnel" (observers) from
the UN Peacekeeping Forces stationed on East Timor, at least five of which were killed by the bombings, apparently
having underestimated the yield of the large, untested device.

8. Doctors at Sanglah described burns to some victims as injuries they had never seen before - outside of pictures of "burns from Hiroshima and Nagasaki..." When contacted at Sanglah by The Jakarta Post investigative team they were clearly terrified and refused comment, one Australian nurse actually suffering a mental breakdown in the presence of an investigator.

[link]

Bali Micro Nuke - Lack of Radiation Confuses "Experts"
"The bomb flashed and exploded like a micro nuke, but our Geiger counters don't show any radiation"

Political and paid “academic experts” were quickly thrust in front of television cameras to explain the inexplicable. How and why the bombing happened in the first place, and increasingly as harsh reality kicked in and facts became clearer, why dozens of full-size human victims had vanished completely without trace.

Every bomb expert in the world knows that conventional explosives lack the heat and velocity to “vanish” complete bodies in this manner, except perhaps when crushed into total oblivion by a million tons of masonry as happened at the World Trade Center. When the dust from the biggest IRA bomb ever detonated in Northern Ireland finally cleared, the victims were still in the local area. Many were disassembled into large bloody body parts, but they were still generally recognizable.

When a diminutive member of Hamas recently detonated thirty pounds of TNT strapped tightly around his own chest in Palestine, emergency services still had to remove large recognizable chunks of his dismembered body from the area. Believe me people, believe me, conventional explosive cannot “vanish” citizens without trace, and Bali simply did not have a million tons of masonry available to fall on their heads. Only a critical nuclear weapon has the heat needed for instant cremation, combined with the incredibly fast shock wave needed to completely remove the resulting cremated particles from the local area.

Next big problem for the politicians and “experts” was the large crater in the street outside the Sari Club. Five feet deep and twenty-two feet in diameter, the crater served as proof that the weapon was detonated underground rather than on the surface.

Yesterday it was discreetly announced that the contents of the crater, and other debris from the bombsite would be disposed of far out to sea, as a final step in the "Hindu cleansing process". The fact that no Hindu cleansing process known to man requires that nuclear-contaminated waste be buried far out to sea, seems to have escaped media attention. Dumping your nuclear waste in an ocean trench and then blaming it on the Hindu religion is an ingenious idea, in this case based on pure desperation.

[link]
I find it distasteful that you care so much ...that you would keep airing your views after I have made it very clear I do not agree. The last thing I want is someone trying to shove their theories down my neck.
which two bombs are you referring to, and which country was the recipient?
no no not 911. I'm talking about South America in Argentina 2 car bombers. One in the embassy of Israel and the other in the AMIA. The year was around 1993.
And it was some stupid silly Palestinian group.

I understand there's crazy people in this world, look at the ass who killed all those kids in Connecticut. I'm not putting all Palestinians on the same bag. Granted there's psychos in this world. But still this kind of acts can leave anyone with a sour taste if you know what I mean. Specially cause on the second bomb I was 2 blocks away from the impact so is pretty marked on my head. That's why I wish this ONU answers brings peace and keeps this people happier. That's all I hope for.
As Israel has decided to not give Palestine the tax it collects on Palestine's behalf in response to the recent win at the UN, the Arab League today pledged 100 million monthly to make up the shortfall - [link]

They didn't say how long this would continue, but it seems for now it might have staved off the worst economic crisis Palestine has experienced since its foundation.
Some things are happening as a result of the vote:

"Israel is violating international law by building these new Jewish homes on Palestinian lands as part of its temper-tantrum it’s throwing over the Palestinians getting UN recognition as a “non-member observer state.”

Britain and France May Pull Ambassadors From Israel

Britain and France, like most of the Gentile world, are upset that Israel is going ahead with building new illegal Jewish settlements in
Palestinian East Jerusalem and in the Palestinian West Bank. Senior diplomats say these actions may take place within the next few days.
"

[link]
its all israel's land anyways.
thanks for the link. Some interesting articles there.

I laughed at this coment in one of them - "The Palestinians might declare their own borders on internationally recognized pre-1967 lines. Israel’s squatters, if they stayed, would automatically become Palestinian citizens"
so far, I've blocked 2 idiots who want to propagate their rhetoric and their pro-Israeli agenda regardless of requests for them to address the OP and not try and mis-direct this topic into their normal standard of anti-arab/anti-Palestine ranting. My request has fallen on the deaf ears of Vel-drawings & jaakobou

I know it won't stop them from posting. A topic that indicates support for the Palestine position is anathema to them and they are making it very clear by using what they can to disrail and misdirect.

Every time I have asked them to get back to the subject I get stories about eye bullets in Tunisia and such-like. It's a shame I can't stop them from posting on my topics completely (they are few and far between), but I am the sort of person, who, just for the devilry of it might start to post more and more topics about things they hate and I support just to piss them off and make them work harder.
So what happens next?

Israeli propaganda chief Mark Regev’s wise-crack that the UN vote was just “negative political theatre” will, one hopes, come back and bite him in the ass. The Palestinians are now in a position to re-frame the situation, to insist on justice before any peace deals and to require that things are done in the right order. Francis Boyle, professor of international law at the University of Illinois College of Law, suggests this could be the start of a ‘Legal Intifada’ by Palestine against Israel.

Why should Palestinians have to negotiate over Israel’s unlawful acts and haggle for their property in rigged talks when there’s proper recourse to the law? Israel’s pimps and hirelings are now exposed. No wonder the Zionist regime and its spin-masters are in such a flap.

Palestine might join the International Criminal Court and file complaints against Israel’s suspected war criminals, its illegal settlements and its settlers, who also are committing war crimes. Palestine could also sue Israel and break the illegal siege of Gaza. Palestine could join the Law of the Sea Convention and properly secure its right to Gaza’s huge marine gas field. It might also take action to gain, among other things, sovereign control of its own airspace, airwaves and frequency spectrum.

The Palestinians might declare their own borders on internationally recognized pre-1967 lines. Israel’s squatters, if they stayed, would automatically become Palestinian citizens – and serves them right.

[link]