Link

Statistics

Replies: 179

Named Her Babies After Iranian Missiles

:iconjaakobou:
jaakobou Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
New baby names in Gaza: 'Fajr' and 'Ahmed Jabari'

[link]

Gazans commemorate Operation Pillar of Defense by naming babies after long-range missiles, Hamas military commander

Less than a week after the declaration of a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, Operation Pillar of Defense has already left its mark on the people of Gaza, in a rather unexpected way.

Some parents from the Strip have decided to name their newborn babies after operation-affiliated icons from assassinated Hamas commanders to long-range missiles fired at Israel.

Muhammad al-Shafi'i Abu Nassat named his son, who was born Friday, after the Fajr missile. Naming his baby Fajr, Abu Nassat told Gaza media, was his way of expressing his gratitude to Iran, which was responsible for supplying Gaza with rockets that, according to Abu Nassat "struck the enemy for eight days."

Amira Abu Assus, from the northern Gaza Strip, also named her child Fajr, Arabic for 'dawn', and says she picked out the name even before she went into labor last week.

She said she knew that the unborn baby would have "a bright future within Palestinian resistance. He would carry the rockets whose names he bears so as to free Palestine from Israeli occupation."

NOTE: when they say 'Israeli occupation' in Gaza, they mean 'Israel's existence'. Sample: [link] "Today, we say, in a clear and unambiguous fashion: The armed resistance and armed struggle are our strategic choice and our path to liberate the Palestinian land, from the [Mediterranean] Sea to the [Jordan] River"

Adham Murtaja of Gaza City decided to name his son, born on Friday, after Ahmed Jabari, the Hamas military chief who was assassinated by the IDF at the onset of Operation Pillar of Defense.

Murtaja said he decided to name his child Ahmed Jabari to prove to Israel that the Jabari assassination did not mean that the Palestinian nation stopped producing heroes.

Read: martyrdom seeking terrorists who take pride in launching attacks at unarmed Jewish civilians for their mythology of "resistance".

Meanwhile, Hamas managed to enforce the ceasefire with Israel by imposing Islamic law.

Hamas Ministry of Religious Endowments issued a religious decree (Fatwa) whereby any violation of the ceasefire was forbidden as long as Israel maintained it.

"Violating the ceasefire with Israel is forbidden and irresponsible," the Fatwa stated; "respecting the appeasement is the duty of each and every one of us."

In similar spirit, I'm wondering how many people called their sons 'Osama' in honor of the world's most notable terrorist of the past decade. What do you think about this use of baby-names?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconheaven-spawn:
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
i always knew those palestinies were fucked up
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
I'm going to name my son MOAB.
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Interesting choice.
:iconthegreatmc:
TheGreatMC Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Unpatriotic. Are they dissatisfied with their domestic home-made missiles? :meow:
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student Writer
I'm not going to judge an entire people based on the fact a few of them named their babies after missiles. :shrug:
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Fair enough. How about this though... [link]

p.s. Hamas won the majority vote in 2006 and have taken complete power over the Gaza strop by deadly force in 2007.
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
So, have you joined the military yet to shut up for once?
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Thanks for bumping up the thread.
:iconworkoutprogress:
workoutprogress Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Photographer
All memetic psychosis aside - this is awesome.
:icontuttie:
Tuttie Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student
OP just hates Palestine & Palestinians and it is getting repetitive. This is an irrelevant thread.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
OP hates arabs in general, and refuses to even call them Palestinians, even though they might have been born and lived in Palestine, along with their parents and grandparents and their grandparents' grandparents.
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
You're being completely irrelevant. How does MY hate come to life with a story about Gaza Arabs calling their kids after rockets aimed at Jews? What's to love here?
Tuttie Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student
There are more meaningful things to discuss in politics than your displeasure with people naming their kids after things. Yes, we get it, you're scared of the nasty terrorists and it sucks, but this thread is pointless and sounds like it came out of complaints rather than starting a rich discussion.
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
You're missing my point about child-abuse in the Arab Israeli conflict.
Tuttie Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student
It's not child abuse. I was named after a saint and I'm not Christian. My name has not affected my decision to join or leave a religion. What will define the kid's outcome is his environment and HIS decision, not a name they may or may not relate to.

Just because it's against your opinion doesn't mean it's abuse. It's not any different than naming your kid after a football player or a saint - things you are passionate about.
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
"It's not child abuse" [to subject a child to martyrdom mythology]

You convinced me. I now believe, like you, that this -- [link] -- is good parenting.

*rolls eyes*
:icondefense2:
defense2 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
People name their kids after many important events and times in their lives. This is now different. Look up any number of names, you will five that some are names of weapons or things.

The japanese did this often with their naming conventions.

Yukiko = winter village.
:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012
I thought Yukiko meant "Snow child."
:icondefense2:
defense2 Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
I stand corrected. You are right.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I'm still waiting for you guys to nuke each other.
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
I'm waiting for OP to be involved within that.
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Is that evil?
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student General Artist
Oh can you blame me?
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
Not really.
Tuttie Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Student
They really deserve each other, though Palestine will not be nuking anyone as they don't have the capability. Unfortunately.
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Thet have outside sources.
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Who cares?
jaakobou Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Some people care about world politics, cultural ideas and mythologies. *shrug*
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
I don't really find one case of a baby-naming incident to be terribly reflective of world politics, cultural ideas, or mythologies. Frankly, trying to extrapolate it into a discussion makes you sound petty, but perhaps this isn't anything new to you :shrug:.
I really love that you used the word 'extrapolate' because it means you take your information seriously.
Sadly, I've done some serious research into the Arab-Israeli conflict and this 'incident' where a bunch of people in Gaza name their children in such manner and perpetuate their myth for conflict enhancement is nothing short of a longstanding culture. Examples of this can be seen in a multitude of documentaries, regardless if the maker is making a generic documentary on their society or one that tries to make a statement against or in favor of their "struggle" with Israel['s existence].

A reasonable documentary that does not make Israel look good, but does shed light on the phenomenon is called 'Death in Gaza'. You can give it a look for some further insight. There are a few other important video links on my journal that give better insight on some important aspects.
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Well then every Israeli should have their kids take the middle name Mossad or something:P
'MoShark' after the one Israel sent on unsuspecting Egyptian tourists. *dies laughing* - [link]
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Yes!

Is that the shark that was biting people's asses and hands off?

Because that shark was 'trained' by a diver to come to humans for tourists.
It then associated people with free food and that's why it bit off hands (because hands were feeding it) and people's asses (because that's where the feed bag was).
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I wish we could somehow cut out that region of the middle east and just stick it in the middle of the ocean somewhere. Both sides do things they know will provoke the other. Israel will always come off best and ultimately calls the shots though.
Just a thought: I figure there's plenty more trouble in other places in the middle east. e.g. 45000 casualties in Syria.
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
No silly....muslim nations are peaceful. If it wasn't for Israel stirring up all the trouble.

I mean if you ignore the muslim on muslim violence in well...every muslim nation.

I'm sure you know the nation in the middle east that gives muslims the most democratic freedoms. Yup...Israel. Weird, huh?
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist
That's apples and oranges. The stuff in Syria hasn't been going on for decades.
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
The Syria issue is just a case of mis-direction. "look how bad the situation is in Syria, why does everybody focus on Israel". You will find it being used by Israel's supporters all over the internet where any discussion or criticism of Israel occurs.

I think they got a memo about how to mis-direct forum conversations away from Israel actions.
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist
I've noticed that recently. Let's just give everyone the green light to violate human rights because Syria doesn't care about it :la:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:) I actually googled an exact sentence used by an Israeli supporter in a topic here, only to find it appeared in that exact form in about 30 different communites, word for word.
tacosteev Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist
Thanks for that link in the other thread! It is locked so I couldn't thank you there :)
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
you're welcome :). I'm not sure which link or locked thread you are referring to, but I am presuming it is a link to the ICAHD website discussing the Israeli matrix of control over Palestine.
maddmatt Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
ummm....the stuff in Syria has been going on for thousands of years.
Not this civil war...
maddmatt Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
If you say so.
Maybe its because Israel is always attacked as 'disproportional' when defending itself, so there's no leeway to end it.
Doesn't matter. Was merely pointing out the two situations are different.

Is your government even giving them enough time to police their citizens? Your rocket shield is over 90% effective isn't it? Giving them time to find those responsible for the attacks to be prosecuted before moving in with the big guns would probably be effective.
When they want to police their militant factions, they are more than capable. As you can see in recent days, no rockets were fired into Israel... after Hamas started to worry about what would happen next if they don't declare a "victory" and order everyone to stop firing at Israel.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Yeh but that hasn't been a problem that has been going on for decades because both sides are determined to piss each other off.
Add a Comment: