Link

Statistics

Replies: 179

Named Her Babies After Iranian Missiles

:iconjaakobou:
jaakobou Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
New baby names in Gaza: 'Fajr' and 'Ahmed Jabari'

[link]

Gazans commemorate Operation Pillar of Defense by naming babies after long-range missiles, Hamas military commander

Less than a week after the declaration of a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, Operation Pillar of Defense has already left its mark on the people of Gaza, in a rather unexpected way.

Some parents from the Strip have decided to name their newborn babies after operation-affiliated icons from assassinated Hamas commanders to long-range missiles fired at Israel.

Muhammad al-Shafi'i Abu Nassat named his son, who was born Friday, after the Fajr missile. Naming his baby Fajr, Abu Nassat told Gaza media, was his way of expressing his gratitude to Iran, which was responsible for supplying Gaza with rockets that, according to Abu Nassat "struck the enemy for eight days."

Amira Abu Assus, from the northern Gaza Strip, also named her child Fajr, Arabic for 'dawn', and says she picked out the name even before she went into labor last week.

She said she knew that the unborn baby would have "a bright future within Palestinian resistance. He would carry the rockets whose names he bears so as to free Palestine from Israeli occupation."

NOTE: when they say 'Israeli occupation' in Gaza, they mean 'Israel's existence'. Sample: [link] "Today, we say, in a clear and unambiguous fashion: The armed resistance and armed struggle are our strategic choice and our path to liberate the Palestinian land, from the [Mediterranean] Sea to the [Jordan] River"

Adham Murtaja of Gaza City decided to name his son, born on Friday, after Ahmed Jabari, the Hamas military chief who was assassinated by the IDF at the onset of Operation Pillar of Defense.

Murtaja said he decided to name his child Ahmed Jabari to prove to Israel that the Jabari assassination did not mean that the Palestinian nation stopped producing heroes.

Read: martyrdom seeking terrorists who take pride in launching attacks at unarmed Jewish civilians for their mythology of "resistance".

Meanwhile, Hamas managed to enforce the ceasefire with Israel by imposing Islamic law.

Hamas Ministry of Religious Endowments issued a religious decree (Fatwa) whereby any violation of the ceasefire was forbidden as long as Israel maintained it.

"Violating the ceasefire with Israel is forbidden and irresponsible," the Fatwa stated; "respecting the appeasement is the duty of each and every one of us."

In similar spirit, I'm wondering how many people called their sons 'Osama' in honor of the world's most notable terrorist of the past decade. What do you think about this use of baby-names?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconheaven-spawn:
heaven-spawn Featured By Owner Dec 23, 2012
i always knew those palestinies were fucked up
:iconrobstrand:
RobStrand Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
I'm going to name my son MOAB.
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
Interesting choice.
:iconthegreatmc:
TheGreatMC Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Unpatriotic. Are they dissatisfied with their domestic home-made missiles? :meow:
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Student Writer
I'm not going to judge an entire people based on the fact a few of them named their babies after missiles. :shrug:
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Fair enough. How about this though... [link]

p.s. Hamas won the majority vote in 2006 and have taken complete power over the Gaza strop by deadly force in 2007.
:iconreptilliansp2011:
ReptillianSP2011 Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012  Student General Artist
So, have you joined the military yet to shut up for once?
jaakobou Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Thanks for bumping up the thread.
:iconworkoutprogress:
workoutprogress Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012   Photographer
All memetic psychosis aside - this is awesome.
:icontuttie:
Tuttie Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Student
OP just hates Palestine & Palestinians and it is getting repetitive. This is an irrelevant thread.
Add a Comment: