Your top 10 Presidents. List 'em!

I'm bored and the world of politics has become relatively quiet as of late, so I want to gauge people's opinions on the top 10 Presidents to reside over the US, and why.

1. FDR: Tackled the shit out of Nazis, created social security, saved the country from Depression.

2. Honest Abe: Kept the country together (sort of...) during a tumultuous civil war. Managed to get the 13th Amendment passed.

3. JFK: Had a positive economic turn-out. Eased tensions between the US and Russia following the Cuban Missile Crisis. Kick started the space race. Supported racial integration. First Catholic President (and Irish!). Got shot in the head ON FUCKING TV (bad ass dude). Was a playa.

4. Ronald Reagan: Shocking when coming from a Democrat, eh? Supply-side economics, Iran-Contra, and the gargantuan deficits aside, Ronald Reagan successfully saved the economy, Chrysler, social security, and granted amnesty to as much 3 million illegal immigrants.

5. LBJ: For some reason considered unpopular by pubs? I s'pose they think the Civil Rights and Voters Right Act was best left alone...Iono. Doesn't make sense to me. I think LBJ, I think the President who successfully ended racial segregation.

6. Bill Clinton: He got a blow job. 'nuff said. Also, he balanced the budget, oversaw prosperous economic growth, oversaw the ceasefire in Bosnia, Omnibus Act, welfare reform! Loves fast food, now a vegan, plays Jazz music, and the first black President of the US.

7. Barack Obama: The first actual black President of the US with an undeniable record of saving the automobile industry, ending economic recession, and curbing depression (the economy was in free fall when he came into office, and now it's not. This is undeniable). Healthcare reform, ending the costly war in Iraq, overseeing the killing of Osama bin Laden, Wall St. reform, Stimulus Package, Pell Grant expansion, and a credit card bill of rights. As a friend put it, "Only a Democrat could prevent a Depression, end a war, capture and kill Osama bin Laden, double the Dow — and then hear constantly that he can’t run on his record. "

8. George W. Bush: JUST KIDDING LOL

8. Teddy Roosevelt: Attempted to curb corporate powers, oversaw union disagreements which ultimately benefited the unions, and nobel peace prize winner.

9. Richard Nixon: I know I'm going to get some heat for putting a dog-hating, anti-hippie criminal on this list, but he established the EPA, ended the Vietnam War, opened diplomatic relations with China, and was the first President to support healthcare reform.

10. Ike: I'm measuring his Presidency and not his role as general in WW2. Suez summit, expanded social security, created the interstate highway system. I'm out of off-hand knowledge of him...

Anyway, this was a fun way to consume a good 15 minutes of my time.
Comments126
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
George Washington
LBJ
John F Kennedy
Lincoln
Eisenhower
Jimmy Carter
Thomas Jefferson
Sally Ducaucus
John Tyler
Nice list for the most part (Sally Ducaucus lol). Why is Carter on there though?
Because he helped the poor.
How so? All I know from Carter is that he mismanaged a recovery and plunged the country into a recession at home, and mishandled the Iranian Hostage Crisis abroad.
Oh I see. I must have confused him with someone else?
LBJ did a lot to help the poor (Medicaid comes to mind). Maybe him?
Yeah him. I must have got the Jimmy Carter confused with the episode of King of the Hill when he helped habitat for humanity. I don't know. He just always had a nice smile on his face.
View all replies
My favorite presidents (I dont know enough about 10 different presidents, so these are the ones I do know about)

Andrew Jackson: The only president to pay off theNational Debt, destroyed the National Bank, fought to democratize federal office holding, suggesting it should be rotational, and was strong beliver in tarriffs.

James K. Polk: The 3rd term of Andrew Jackson really, but he was able to accomplish almost every single thing he set out to do during one single term. He didnt make excuses and just got shit done.

Thomas Jefferson: An iron-clad proponent of invidual freedoms and liberty. Wrote the Declaration of Independance. Cut taxes, cut the budget, and reduced national debt. Opened up the interior though the Louisiana Purchase and the Corps of Discovery.
Not in any specific order for best

Clinton
Reagan
Obama
FDR
JFK
Roosevelt
Madison
Lincoln
Arthur
For saving the automobile market all he had to do was pump in tax dollars to companies that made terrible decisions. all hail obama the wise one
1. Abraham Lincoln
2. George Washington
3. Theodore Roosevelt
4. FDR
5. Eisenhower
6. Ulysess S Grant
7. Bill Clinton
8. James Monroe
9. JFK
10. William Howard Taft
Are you just listing them in order of name recognition?
1.) Nixon. Recognized China, ended the Vietnam War. formed the basis of peace that was capitalized on by later Presidents in ending the cold war.

2.) Clinton. True liberal.

3.) Lincoln. 'Nuff said.

4.) Reagan. Did what he needed to.

5.) Truman. Had the guts to do what he wanted.

Others are mostly the same. Probably my pick of 5 would be Wilson, Eisenhower, FDR, Truman, and Kennedy.
You listed Truman twice.
o.O opps.

Oh well, looks like I don't really have a 10th favourite president.
OOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why? Because he's black? That'd be racist.

There hasn't been enough time for me to judge his decisions. Maybe he'll be on my list in 20 years time. He's done a lot of good things, but you can't compare the most powerful man in the world to someone who does nothing.

By the way, it's very easy to pull an economy out of recession. Just spend more money, it's economic theory that has been time-tested for about 300 years, since Adam Smith and Thomas and Malthus. Doing it cheaply is a totally different story.
Black is gangsta. What is it with YOU PEOPLE and racism!?
What does race have to do with being a good person?
View all replies
Washington
Lincoln
T. Roosevelt
Eisenhower
Jefferson
Madison
FDR
Obama
Truman
Clinton
I don't even know 10 presidents :lol: I mean, if I was given a list of names, I'd probably be able to say which ones have been presidents, but off the top of my head? Nah. No way.
Don't feel bad - a lot of US citizens don't know who was and wasn't a president. For instance, many believe Ben Franklin and Alexander Hamilton were POTUS since they appear on our money. Just because money is known as "Dead Presidents" doesn't make it true. :lol: