Closed to new replies
November 26, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 133

Religion in politics?

:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Should Christianity be combined into politics?

I mean, it seems to already be so, since everytime a president finishes a speech, he needs to say "God bless America" and at the inauguration he must swear on the bible.

But is this really necessary? Shouldn't it be a choice? Not everyone is Christian/religious after all.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthespiderfrommars:
TheSpiderFromMars Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
You must swear on the Bible? Pffft, ridiculous! What if you're an atheist? By the way, do you have to be Christian to be a president in the US?
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Apparently. :/ I wish we had an atheist president... (me being an atheist myself *shot)
:iconthespiderfrommars:
TheSpiderFromMars Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yeah, it's a very strange and unneccesary rule.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012
No.
:iconmaddmatt:
maddmatt Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
It is a choice. You are still free to be Christian with all the constitutional rights to religion and free speech even when you are the President.
:iconwhy-did-kenji-die:
Why-did-Kenji-die Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
Eh. All of the founding fathers were mostly religious and at least believed in God. What's wrong with us is that we keep deviating from the past. What's wrong with God Bless America? does it offend you so?
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well, I am an atheist, and it can be a bit awkward for me at times.
:iconwhy-did-kenji-die:
Why-did-Kenji-die Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012
Lol. It's part of the nation's history. If you read any of the founding father's speeches/writings (we all should) it is jam packed with religous stuff
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Nov 30, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I know DX
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
"Should Christianity be combined into politics? "

no.

"I mean, it seems to already be so, since everytime a president finishes a speech, he needs to say "God bless America" and at the inauguration he must swear on the bible. "

formalities of a majority Christian nation. As for "swearing on the bible", you may legally swear on any religious text of your choosing.
Add a Comment: