November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 223

Are All Muslims terrorists?

:iconfrozenpanther:
FrozenPanther Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Just wondering whatcha guys think

Whenever you see a woman wearing a scarf...what do you think ?
What about a man with a long beard and bushy eyebrows?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondebit:
Debit Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I think the headache boils down to: Muslim opinion-makers, such as radical/hard-line inclining clerics, politicians, and media establishment, are over-represented, while the voice of the silent majority, want nothing to do with ongoing violence and strife, is drowned out.
FrozenPanther Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Yeah, I could agree with that
:icondebit:
Debit Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
As of right now, I think the Arabs in the midst of the Arab Spring are in a difficult, even burdensome, predicament. If they either put up with or even embrace radical factions (very tempting, since the radicals are the most energetic in fighting against existing regimes), they will most likely end up with another round of dictatorship. Post-Shah Iran should be an object lesson: The Iranians ended replacing one dictatorship for another (oust the Shah, only to get screwed by theocrats!). Whatever happens to Post-Mubarak Egypt could have major repercussions, considering how Morsi is beginning to show dictatorial tendencies.
Thank you
:iconfly-gonz:
Fly-gonz Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
No, all terrorists are Muslims, but not all Muslims are terrorists. The media reserves the word terrorist for only Muslims nowadays. Other people, like the Batman Shooters, are labelled insane, pathological, etc., etc., but they aren't terrorists.
Not all terrorists are Muslims, why's that so hard to understand? Do you consider hitler a terrorist?

The media is a very brainwashing resource nowadays, seriously it's pathetic
Batman shooter*
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
1. nothing
2. lots of men have long beards.

anyways no not all muslims are terrorist. not all terrorists are Muslim. but the terrorists who have been causing a lot of the problems recently are Muslims. or atleasst Psudo Muslim. I don't know. I doubt the Quaran says to destroy western values and something about 75 Virgins.
Good! I'm glad you know this
and in the Quran it doesnt say anything about engaging in violent activity..
You are wrong, see my reply above.
:iconetheara:
etheara Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hi! I've read that you're a Muslim and didn't believe you'd ask the question. I feel that people should stop stereotyping. You know we born-again christian have also been stereotyped. Anyway, the rest is a bit long. Hope you have the time to read till the end.

You might be interested that in our country, the Philippines, we have what we call here "Islamic terrorist groups" or "Islamic separatist groups". You can look it up if you want.

Here's a story: My Dad went for a plant visit to the Muslim part of the country where he and his colleagues encountered armed men, prolly muslims. They were on their way to the plant and there weren't any other cars around until two private vehicles followed them, gated on them, until one cut them and sandwiched them along the other car behind them. They were between the two cars for a good 10 minutes until the car up front slowed down into a stop in an intersection. They could have fled from this point but they decided to stay where they are. As the three cars took a halt, armed men left the car from the front and it seemed like they were transferring to their convoy behind. When the lights turned green they accelerated slowly and the car behind them drove past them following the other one. Nothing really happened but it scared the shit out of them. They thought that their vehicle might have been suspicious looking.

My Dad was sure they were Muslims as everybody knows of the existence of armed men in the Muslim region. As matter of fact, there have been recordings, official reports, and countless witnesses of Muslim armed man that are beyond the control of the Government. People cower in fear as there have been overwhelming casualties brought about by our internal wars against Islamic Separatist Groups. HOWEVER, I AM FULLY AWARE THAT THIS IS NOT A BATTLE ABOUT RELIGION. IT IS MOSTLY A TERRITORIAL DISPUTE. BUT IT UNAVOIDABLY CAUSES A HORRENDOUS STEREOTYPE FOR THE MUSLIMS IN THE PHILIPPINES.

On another note, you can look up "Ampatuan Massacre" which happened in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao.
FrozenPanther Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hello. I am basing this off the fact of the stereotype, thank you. I read about your dad. But do other countries not do the exact same shit? My cousin went to russia and their were guards everywhere. I dont know the official religion of russia or whatever, but i know that it's kindof the same thing you were telling me about. She went to go to a museum and they almost arrested her for just being there. She was very afraid of what would have happened to her, and it prolly is the same concept as you told me about with your dad. So it doesnt only happen there, or where muslims are. But even though those russians were just guards on patrol, for their territory, is it true that they should be considered terrorists too? Its the fact that people say that the same concept of what you would consider 'guarding your territory' is a terrorist act, and that it seems only muslims stand up for their land, and it is only them who carry guns around. Yet the same deeds are happenening, the SAME THING, and only Muslims are called out for 'being terrorists'.

So that is my input on that, I hope it doesnt offend you ^^;
Aren't you concerned what confusion the name, "Islamic Terrorist Groups" might convey? I'm just really concerned about that.

No no no you are over generalizing. You see the Muslim people have been disputing that they actually own a big part of our country even before our independence. A presidential administration built on that by sending non-Muslims to their regions so too "conquer" this lands. Also, some of the businesses and livelihood of the Muslims were overwhelmed by the influx of "non-Muslim invaders". This had brought many Muslims into extreme poverty. Their struggles left them to raise their swords against unsympathetic government regimes. AND I WONDER WHY ARE THEY CALLED TERRORISTS? I THOUGHT IT WAS SOME BULLSHIT THEY GOT FROM AMERICAN NEWS.
Yes I am, but there really isn't much we can do. Societies nowadays are just really bad, regardless of where you're from or who you may be. American News can be nothing but bullshit, and it conveys really irrational information to other countries that watch it. The term terrorist shouldn't be associated with one race, it should be what it means.
etheara Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Exactly. :thumbsup:
so.. yeah.. they weren't just guarding their territories like guards would. it's not the same thing. but you are right that Muslims are called terrorists without proof. Also all sorts of people are called by false names for no good reason. What a miserable place the world is right now.

i kinda feel bad because you got me wrong. you have a nice day.
And technically, it still is considered guarding territory, even if it's not the same way. This world is really bad, honestly. But don't feel bad, there's always a chance to learn more:) You have a nice day as well, thanks for commenting!
etheara Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Alright. My pleasure!
:icontanzuse:
Tanzuse Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I do not think Muslim are terrorist, I know some regions are becoming too strictly religious that they are actually losing themselves and using religion as an excuse to fight and live the way they lived in the "past". People need to remind those extremist that even in the past Muslims where people who liked invention and innovation of course still are.. they are the ones who invented Algebra and other things and actually lived in peace with most religions... but some of that got lost along the way in some places... I really hope they will come to some sense.
And when I see women wearing a scarf or an Arab looking man I don't think much of it really... I must admit that when I see a women all covered and it's hard to see her face, it makes me feel a little bit unconformable, but not because I think she is a terrorist, is just the weird impression/felling of not seeing her face... but I respect that.
I see where you're coming from. Thank you for your input :)
:iconpocky-japan-ai-epic:
Pocky-Japan-Ai-epic Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm a muslim too and thats not true.
My parents were telling me Al-Qaeda was formed because when the
Soviets invaded Afghanistan the AMERICAN FBI (or was it CIA) TRAINED them...but then they formed Al-Qaeda and yeah..
and not All muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are Muslim (ahem KKK)
I'm quiet myself, it's just that I don't like talking if there's no reason, its not that "muslim women are supposed to be quiet" I wont talk to a guy unless if its an academic question or if it's absolutely necessary...I just don't need too :\
(to answer someone else's statement)
Woot! Thank you! And,I was going to bring that up but I wasn't really %100 sure of the situation...So I just didn't.

And LMAO I HATE THAT. I am a pretty loud person, but Its just how i've always been :)
:iconmeanus:
meanus Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
not all muslims are terrorist but almost all terrorist are muslims
I never click on links
okay nvm. have a nice day! :)
meanus Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
same to ya hottie
And where in the hell did you get that from?
Al Qaeda, Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad...lots of others
First of all
Al Qaeda is not a Muslim, he created a group SUPPORTING THEM. The responsibility he upheld for making 9 11 possible was not anything that had to do with his religion
plus violence like that isnt tolerable in Islam.

Second,Hamas is a leader fighting for his land. Just because he is Muslim, doesnt make him a terrorist. If that was the case then you'd just be a little hypocritical ignorant entity that shouldnt exist. Tons of our presidents started unnecesary wars. Tons of leaders in general started unnecessary wars. So therefore everyones a terrorist, if you follow your dumb little theory.

Islamic Jihad? What in the mother of all 7 seas are you talking about? Islamic jihad is something that has to do with an individuals struggle with their inner spirituality. It has NOTHINGTO DO WITH ANYTHING ABOUT TERRORISM.
man, you are one dumb shit...Al Qaeda is not a person, its a terrorist organization out of Saudi Arabia

Hamas is not a person, its a terrorist organization in Gaza financed by Iran

There is also an organization called Islamic Jihad that is a terrorist organization...you are one totally informed person and are splashing your ignorance all over the web God bless you
Look, I meant to say osama* not al-qaeda. The vast stupidity contained with your remark made me incapable of thinking twice. Yes it's a terrorist GROUP. but that doesnt mean everyone in it was a Muslim, or anyone was in that matter.

Same with the other one,Hamas. But when you said Islamic Jihad I actually thought you were referring to the Islamic beliefs. So I apologize for being so informed about what you made a reference about. God bless you too-.-t
meanus Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012
yeah I doubt there were any muslims in Al Qaeda or Hamas...good luck with your agenda
:thumbsup:
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
You'd be surprise, a fox news survey found that 32% of people think Barack Obama is a secret muslim
I've heard of that before
But that doesnt make him a terrorist

I dont think he wants to state his official religion because of the racism involved with it.
That he's christian....? The point is 32% of people think the president of the united states is a secret muslim, I'm sure an equal or greater amount of ppl think any muslim is a potential terrorist
You can't just assume he is Christian if you don't know for sure.
That's because this country dwindles on it's past to make up excuses to stick its nose into other countries businesses

Don't get me wrong, I love America. But seriously some of the shit that this country does is BS, and the fact that an amount of people are actually using religion to determine the president of the country just pisses me off.

And fox news is biased, as I have already stated above. Find another resource for your information so I can at least consider believing it, haha
The same statistic appeared on msnbc, i watch both because im not a sycophant
Eh. I don't really rely on statistical analysis to determine someone elses religion.
:iconpunker--rocker:
punker--rocker Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think this question is pretty ridiculous. Of course not all Muslims are terrorists. Anyone who thinks that is seriously deluded.

Actually, when I see a girl with a headscarf around where I live I about die of the diversity because there's hardly anyone around here except plain old white people like me. :)
The question is not out of ignorance from my stand point
Its seriously not really an understood topic
(clearly)

But i want to see what people think.

Your opinion is great,really. "deluded" may not be the proper term, but more like an inorganic retarded psychologically unstable piece of grass,rather.

And not all girls who wear headscarfs are muslim! I ran into a lady at the park one time and she was telling me that in her religion they gather in Brazil to do something and they wear a scarf as a sign of respect..And she complimented me too, and told me that I am really independent and amazing because of the way I can stand out. This lady influenced my cousin to start wearing hers at a very young age:) Which is great :thumbsup:
Oh, I wasn't saying you're ignorant, I just think the answer is so obviously "no" that it's a bit silly to ask the question. So are you Muslim then? That's cool if you are. :) I have heard of other religions that wear head-coverings as a sign of respect, and I think that's great.

If you are a Muslim (I may have misinterpreted what you said) could you answer a question for me? I don't think I've ever met a practicing Muslim before, but do you see many Muslims that are actively standing up against terrorists that profess to be fighting for Islam? I haven't heard of many, but it would be extremely heartening if there are a lot of good Muslim people out there that do this.
You'd be quite surprised to know how many people ACTUALLY think that all Muslims are terrorists, because they have based their facts of visual representations that have been displayed throughout the media.
Yes I am Muslim, and really proud to be one. And thank you :)

To answer your question...There are so many people, I mean SO MANY that try and stand up against literal terrorists. But they sometimes cant do it, as you can see the crisis's going on in the middle east. They protest against rulers and some laws that aren't right.
I know a lot of people that live here in America that stand up on the streets for hours protesting against racism towards Muslims. They just aren't ever recognized, because the news we see within our media is completely biased and not really fair. They want all of the 'good things' to stand out but nothing else, like lets say a protest that involves anything that has to do with Muslims, per say. Its sad, but thats how our society is :l
I guess I have heard of people that simply don't trust Muslims or Arabs. But those people are bigoted racists and don't deserve to be given the time of day. :)

That's really good to hear that so many Muslims stand up against terrorism. I did hear about those people who protested in Libya after the terrorist attack on the U.S. embassy and stood with the United States, and I think it's a shame we didn't hear more about it in the news. The only place I even saw it reported on was Fox News.
Fox News is really..*facepalm*...unfair

It depicts things in certain ways to make things look bad..

Maybe they should show more about the protests going on in america instead of in Egypt. Seriously xD
Well at least they reported on the pro-U.S. demonstration in Libya. I don't think any of the other networks did. I don't agree with everything Fox News says or the way they portray certain things, but I find that they are the most truthful of all the cable news networks here in the United States.
Well that's true too :) At least some people are truthful..Even if its biased xD
(1 Reply)
:icondadona777:
dadona777 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
a friend of mine is a muslim and she hates any and all forms of violence and fighting and arguing. she says I'm more violent than her because I get into "heated" discussions on the internet :lol:
islamic women are taught to keep their mouths shut all the time
Add a Comment: