November 25, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 67

Could America Conquer the world?

:iconsonic1234567891:
Sonic1234567891 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Given our Military has no real rival, would it be possible? :shrug:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icon2aliens1astronaut:
2Aliens1Astronaut Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012
How can it?

When it can't even conquer itself...
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Fuck no.
:iconrockstar1009:
rockstar1009 Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The USA can barely handle one war at a time. Two wars against backward, third-world countries practically bankrupted them.

The US could probably beat any nation on Earth in one-on-one warfare, but all of them? No chance. For the past 70 years the US has gone up against 3rd world nations or backwards obsolete militaries and struggled against some of them (Vietnam and Iraq were nothing shy of messy). A battle against a large nation like China or India or a nation with a modern or sizeable military like Russia, Israel or a Western Europe state (like Germany, UK, France etc.) would leave them badly wounded.
:iconrookieowl:
RookieOwl Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
... Nah, Japan would stop them before even try
I think they tried already. America responded by invading their country, killing thousands and dropping two atomic bombs which only became more technology advanced through time.
Then China? Europe? Somebody?
Somebody, most likely. That being said by a Native who's still upset America took the land and basically treated us like shit for many, many years.
They tried that once already and it didn't work out so well. :lol:

:iconnukeplz:
but... BUT that was before, I'm sure they are more prepared now, right? :fear:
Nah - Japan's military was crippled during the Potsdam Declaration and their navy was completely dissolved. They still have their Maritime Defense Force (think Coast Guard but with destroyers and submarines), but the treaty did not allow for an offensive fleet to be built; just a defensive fleet.

I still think there's a secret lab deep within Mt Fuji where a huge fleet of Gundam are being assembled. I don't think the treaty made mention of mecha being prohibited...
Add a Comment: