Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 26

2012 and still talks of martial law. Oh the consequences should it ever come to frution

:iconzigholtul88:
Zigholtul88 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
For years and years there have been rumors (many of them exaggerated) of martial law coming into effect and call me naive but I would think that in this day and age, where people are becoming more infuriating and violent, that our government declaring martial law on this land would be really hard to do and enforcing it won't be easy. Many Americans are armed to the teeth and many of their soldiers (many of which have family members) aren't going to go along with this plan.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhustlerdu:
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I just don't really know why they would impose martial law, I don't see what stands to be gained, and it would beextremely difficult.
Zigholtul88 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Probably the most logic reason why such an event probably won't happen would have be from an economic standpoint. There's is basically no economy if every citizen were to be locked up. Now that I think about it, martial law nowadays would be the equivalent of drop a bomb on the United States? Only a complete psychopath would go along with it.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Question: Has ever in the history of America there have been an example of a national declaration of martial law? I mean not just one town having a goddamn fire or something and for a day the cops can bet up rioters type thing, I mean like NATIONAL level martial law. I don't think so. Canadians are more likely to declare martial law, which only happened 3 times in history.
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Professional Writer
I can see them casting martial law and making it stick. the government can do it, if others have done so in the past: cut the net off, cut the power off if they get too big and demanding, stop delivering things, shooting anyone who seems the least bit of a threat...yes I can see it happening with ease.
Zigholtul88 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
While I can see it happening, if a good portion of the country is considered a threat (basically all the internet), wouldn't some of the soldiers stick up for the citizens. I fail to see the logic in having to exterminate over half your countries population. They can try and chances are they probably will succeed, but it would only lead to countries hating us more and more and if our government got power hungry they're no way they can take on the world without suffering any serious consequences. Resistance will always carry on and no amount of technological advancements will be able to prevent it.
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Writer
it's happened in other countries, they don't agree or tired of the public and just kill them. the government and people will divide and help each other or kill each other, and within the world they will literally take out one another with high crime and "they" can't be everywhere so chaos would come about. kill out those who aren't puppets and then rule the people better if they obey and comply with the new world order.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Could you cite which counties and time periods this happened in? I have studied up on a lot of dictatorships and tyranny states but never has there been a government that grew "tired of the public and just kill them." Not in NAZI Germany, not Soviet Union, not North Korea, not Iran, or anywhere. There may have been some madmen who wanted to just kill the entire population off but it was never even been tried let alone worked. Dictatorships normally single out some type of scape goat and then clamp down on the specific minority that is labeled the "enemy." Declare "everyone" the enemy and the government itself becomes the enemy.
:iconvomitbear:
VomitBear Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Angel isn't the brightest and gravitates towards fantasy
Zigholtul88 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
You seem to act like every single military soldier out their would go along with this plan, especially here in the states; they're still human and I cannot imagine that they would all agree to this, especially if the mere thought of shooting innocent civilians like friends and family members would horrify them. I happen to have a best friend of 11+ years,in the military and there's no way he would go for this. And many others are like this, its not like the government can simply flip on a light-switch and then suddenly they're rendered more as mindless killing machines. Sounds like some 1984/ Matrix sci-fi bs if you ask me.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
That's just over-polarised politics inventing problems rather than addressing the myriad real ones. As usual.
Add a Comment: