Since the ceasefire - 12 rockets were fired into Israel

About three hours ago it was announced by Hillary Clinton, a cease-fire between Israel and terrorist organization hamas.

The agreement stipulates that Israel would not Attack Gaza unless Hamas firing rockets.
Since the ceasefire(21:00 israel time, now it's 23:50), Hamas fired 12 rockets at Israeli cities. While Israel does not respond, as she honors the agreement.

Who is the aggressor?
Comments110
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There is no question who the aggressor. Hamas said to Israel, "We love death more than you love life." Israel fights to protect its people. Hamas fights for the annihilation of the Jews.
*who the aggressor is*
Isreal is the aggressor!
They do not deserve Gaza's land!

They wanted their own home country so they started war to get their own land
which is NOT RIGHT!
Oh, yep. Israel, who relies on legitimate military force to protect its people, is the aggressor against the Palestinians, who rely on the terrorist organization Hamas which uses its own civilians as human shields. Israel, who honors the ceasefire, is the aggressor against the Palestinians, who openly breach the agreement. Israel, whose Defense Forces alert Palestinian civilians before a strike by dropping leaflets and making calls, is the aggressor against the Palestinians, who specifically target population centers in Israel to cause as many civilian casualties as possible. Hamas, who is a self-proclaimed lover of death (to Israel: "We love death more than you love life") is definitely the victim here. And by the way, you have your history completely wrong. Shocker.

After the Holocaust and WWII, most world leaders agreed that the Jewish people needed a place to call their own so that they could defend themselves from radical anti-Semites like Hitler. "Palestine," as the region had been referred to since the time of the Romans (who chose that name to replace the Hebrew name "Judah" as a way to deny the historic link of the Jews to the land of Israel), had been a protectorate of the British, but when the UN passed the Partition Plan of 1947 and the British withdrew, neither side was content. The Jewish leaders knew that the tiny sliver of land granted to them was completely indefensible. The Arab leaders didn't want their to be a Jewish state at all. Additionally, both sides wanted control of Jerusalem, which is considered a holy site by both the Jewish and the Muslim religion.

So what happened? A civil war broke out between the Arab and Jewish communities--both of which had existed prior to the Partition Plan. After the civil war had gone on for about a year, with some extremists and some truly good people on both sides, the Jewish forces were gaining ground and David Ben-Gurion declared the establishment of the State of Israel. Neighboring Arab nations, including Egypt, Iraq, Syria, and Saudi Arabia, decided that they would not tolerate the existence of a Jewish state in the Middle East, and they declared war on the fledgling state (ironically conceding to its legitimacy in the process). The real war was started by the Arabs, not the Israelis. Thankfully, Israel was victorious and after gaining land all the way down into the Sinai peninsula, Israel turned over much of its conquered territory in the interest of preserving peace, and the only free state in the Middle East was preserved.

They didn't have to give back the land that they conquered, but they did. Why? Because Israel is not imperialist. Israel is not anti-Arab. Israel is not interested in war. The one goal of the State of Israel is to provide a safe haven for the Jewish people, who have been hated and persecuted basically since the beginning of history. While Hamas "celebrated" the ceasefire by firing guns into the air and rioting in the streets of Gaza, the Israeli Defense Forces celebrated by praying to God for lasting peace. "עוֹשֶׂה שָׁלוֹם בִּמְרוֹמָיו, הוּא יַעֲשֶׂה שָׁלוֹם עַלֵינוּ, וְעַל כָּל יִשְׂרָאֵל וְאִמְרוּ אָמֵן"--"He who makes peace in His heights, may He make peace upon us and upon all Israel; and say, Amen."

But when you hear Hamas pray for peace instead of for the destruction of the Jews, let me know, and I'll rethink my position. For now, I stand forever with Israel.
I respect your opinion, and I dont know the history by heart but thank you for taking the time to write it all out for me (:
You're welcome, and I have to apologize for sounding somewhat sarcastic at the beginning. This was obviously before we started talking on that other thread and I realized what a reasonable and decent person you seem to be.
Oh it's fine^^; I'm like that too, so no need to apologize. I think you're pretty rational and intelligent, so I'm going to watch you :)
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. :D
My dad told me what was really happening.
So apparently Hamas was hiding weapons were
people, freakin civilians live! Who the flip hides weapons where there are people? Simple: people who want to blame Israel for everything...
_____
and punk--rocker basically said it. They do use their own civilians as shields. Its not Israels fault really if Hamas would just stop them maybe Israel wouldn't fire rockets back...
oh that it were so clear cut and simple. Those 'freaking civilians' were themselves victims (or children of victims) of the Israeli acts of the previous 3 decades.

Gaza is a thin strip of land 25 miles long and 4 - 7.5 miles wide and it contains upward of 1,500,000 people. About 2/3 of the people are refugees or descendants of refugees who were driven out of other parts of Palestine by Israel when the state was established in 1948.

In the 1967 'six day war', Israel occupied Gaza and in 1971 Ariel Sharon set out to 'pacify' Gaza by bulldozing houses, uprooting refugees and setting up 21 illegal settlements in Gaza.

In 1987 there was an uprising as a response to the Israeli occupiers and the illegal sttlements and in 1993 the Oslo accords granted limited autonomy.

In 2000 Ariel Sharon and a bunch of Likud politicians made a very provocative visit, surrounded by riot police and soldiers, to the Haram al-sharif, the site of the gold Dome of the Rock, the third holiest shrine in Islam. This triggered the second uprising.

In 2001 Israel destroyed the Gaza airport and docks.

In 2005 Israel evacuates the illegal settlements (in preperation for expansion of illegal settlements on the West Bank). The Israel military withdraws but keeps control of Gaza airspace, territorial waters and borders.

In 2006, Hamas won the Palestinian Legislative elections, The Israel government, the United States and the EU did not recognise the election results and the result was sanctions and closures of border crossings. The resulting shortages are declared to be 'collective punishment' by many International Human Rights organisations, who claim that such punishment of a civilian population is outlawed under the Geneva Convention.

In 2006, Israel launches 'Operation Summer Rain' bombarding civilian infrastructure like water and electricity plants, schools, hospitals, government buildings. This type of behaviour carries on still, with government buildings and law enforcement targetted regularly.

In 2006 Hamas makes it clear they are seeking a long-term truce if Israel ends it's illegal occupation of Palestinian territories. The Hamas Prime Minister makes it clear that they will accept a 2-state solution. The peace proposals are ignored by the USA, EU, Russia and the UN.

The Palestinians in Gaza were not free to decide where they could work, or travel, who they could trade with and nor how their taxes were spent. When Israel left the Gaza Strip in 2005, 65% of Gazans lived below the poverty line and there was 35% unemployment.

At the end of 2008, Israel began a bombing campaign on the Strip which left some 1,400 people dead, including over 300 children.

The main routes into and out of the Gaza Strip have been blockaded for decades and Israel finally added the finishing touches to it's Gazan ghetto by building a 'seperation barrier' along the entire land border. Unable to move people or goods through the destroyed airport and the blockaded sea port, the Gazans were left with only siz land crossing points that Israel has arbitarily closed for long periods of time, isolating the Palestinian people, crippling the economy and punishing the Gazan people.

Fishermen cannot fish, the Israeli blockade restricted access to the ocean. Initially it was allowed within 20 nautical miles of the coast. That has reduced over the years to 3 nautical miles. If the fishermen sail further, they are fired upon, boarded or rammed by the Israeli navy. It is believed that this control of fisheries is due to the discovery of a rich gas deposit discovered 25 - 30 kilometres off the Gazan coast.

Fuel imports are totally blocked. The only fuel that has come in has needed to come covertly through tunnels from Egypt. Gaza's only power plant relies on fuel for it's operation so electricity is limited.

As a result of the blockade, 70% of Gazan families live on less than $1 per person per day according to the UN. This is a report from International Aid Organisations - [link] which details the impact of the blockade.

It is a very terrible situation and for Israel to claim no responsibility for the humanitarian crisis they have engendered and for the hatred Gazan's have for them is disingenuous to say the least.
View all replies
I'm not so sure about that..
israel was own the "gaza land". In 2005, she stepped out from there to promote peace. the Palestinians have to do said decide if they want peace, or war. From 2005 more than 10,000 rockets were fired at Israeli citizens...
Israel did not own Gaza. It was occupied during the 1967 war. Annexation of territory does not make it legal ownership.
Edward De Bono offered a solution for this Palestine Israel 'you bomb me, I'll bomb you' mess.

"Deduct $50 million from the aid given to the Palestinians for each rocket fired into Israel. The same concept would be applied to Israel. Now you are no longer a hero to your people by firing a rocket, which in any case is symbolic, since you've just cost them a hospital or a school. You have to give them something to lose,"

He suggested a yeast supplement. His thinking - yeast contains zinc. Unleavened bread does not contain yeast. A low-zinc diet leads to irritability and aggression.

He also suggested letting each side vote in the others elections "Let Israelis vote in Palestinian elections and let Palestinians vote in Israeli elections. That way, only constructive people would get elected. Extremists on both sides wouldn’t stand a chance."
interesting opinion in blog commentary - [link]
One day I think is was 1997, we were around beth lehem and we couldn't go because it was too dangerous, why? even Arab Christians have tough time in there, and not because of the Jewish.
Most of the cities I lived where Arab and Israeli mixed like Haifa and maalot tarshiha, Many times I talked to Arabs and worked with them... most Arabs they don't like to mix, like and Arab druze won't married an Arab Muslim... or Arab Christians, it seems in very bad eyes, but anyway we all lived together in there just fine, Where I lived most of the people went to the arab supermarkets, and I also Remember that some Arabs were killed in the second war with Lebanon.
I lived in Tel Aviv and in the center of Israel for some time, and most people there didn't feel the threat of war, so their thoughts were just like yours naive and most of them where in the side of Palestine, I don't think they are like that anymore, since Tel Aviv got hit too, didn't they hit Jerusalem too? half of the people around Jerusalem are Arabs.
Yes their bombs don't do much damage but that's not an excuse, even so they try... and people live in fear for years, the south of Israel is scary, I've been there a few times, I really don't wish anybody to feel how is to live there, even if Gazans don't always hit the target there is always a chance and that's scary enough.

Gazans are selfish and that's what they are, it could end long ago, if they don't do that for the Israeli "Jewish" at least do that for the rest of the Arab population living in Israel, that wants to stop feeling guilty about them and live in peace.

My bottom line is That Palestinians could end their suffer if is what they wanted to, I feel sorry for those children that get drugged into this, I mean Those children eventually won't care where they live as long as they live in peace, and the parents are just are too blind to see it, a peace of land if more important than their life and they could live as Palestinians or Arab Muslim peacefully just like other Arabs do in Israel.
here, I'll save you the trouble of going externally to read my link. I will do as you do and slam you with a 'wall of text'
THERE are moments when the dispute between Israelis and Palestinians appears so intractable that it is tempting to call back Edward de Bono.

The lateral thinker suggested to the British Foreign Office in 1999 that the solution was obvious. Marmite. Unleavened bread contains no yeast, which means it provides no zinc, the absence of which tends to make men more belligerent. Marmite is rich in zinc and, well, you can see the historic enmity just dissolving, can't you?

The history of this conflict is an invitation to pessimism. It is hard to hear an official representative of either side without thinking better of his opponent. Images of child deaths are accompanied by a grown-up version of the playground game of "you started it; no, you started it", stretching all the way back to the Bible. There is no viable military victory to be won: until there are two negotiating parties genuinely committed to living together, the process is condemned to the depressing repetition of bomb, ceasefire, rocket-fire, war - even though the people on either side crave peace, It can seem hopeless, but in fact a counsel of despair, as well as being useless, is not appropriate. The seeds of change are visible in Gaza and the West Bank. Gradually, slowly, uncertainly, but surely the fortunes of Palestine will be changed by prosperity. The region, of course, is beset by recriminations about identity and status and no economic determinist can wish those arguments away.

Tony Blair, special envoy for the Quartet of the UN, the US, the EU and Russia, is proving quietly to be part of the solution. The latest report on the work of the Office of the Quartet Representative is full of unglamorous progress that could, in time, transform the region.

The Blair team has been more successful in moving Israel than is commonly known. Something as simple as the installation of a cargo scanner at the Allenby crossing (over the Jordan into the West Bank) could increase trade volumes by 30 per cent and reduce shipping costs by the same amount. Israeli approval was recently secured for international investment in education, health and housing and, in February 2011, permits were issued for the construction of 21 schools and health clinics.

Infrastructure is getting better. The road out of Jericho into the Jordan Valley had been blocked for a decade. Now it is open. A big investment has diverted sewage from the dangerous Beit Lahia lake, which a few years ago flooded and caused the deaths of several Palestinians. The OQR has brought in $US44 million ($42m) from the European Investment Bank to upgrade the electrical transmission network in the West Bank. The next priority is a large desalination plant in the Gaza Strip which would provide Gaza with potable water. Less than 10 per cent of the water meets World Health Organisation guidelines. Work is also under way on a Palestinian gas field in the Mediterranean Sea.

The really potent accusation against Israel has nothing to do with retaliation - why should they put up with constant rocket fire? - nor that its response is disproportionate. It is that it does far too little to help the Palestinians to grow.

It is, of course, a lot to ask that Israel should provide economic succour to those whose leaders are firing rockets at its citizens, but it would be a clever strategy all the same. Israel's part in a revised peace process should include doing as much as it can to help Gaza and the West Bank towards sustainable growth.

It is obvious that the blockade of Gaza is, in this respect as in most others, counter-productive. The blockade was imposed to stop weapons reaching the hands of militants. Clearly it is not working. The upshot of the blockade is that weapons get through and moral calumny is heaped upon Israel for the appalling state of Gaza. One third of the population lives below the poverty line. The economy is slowing, finance from donors is drying up, unemployment is running at 34 per cent and a fiscal crisis threatens to scupper whatever chance of peace remains.

The first act of the new government after the Israeli election in January ought to be to mitigate the liquidity crisis in the Palestinian National Authority by seeking new donors. Money is coming into the region: $US450m from the Abu Dhabi Development Fund in 2009, $US50m from the Kuwaiti government in 2011 and the Qataris recently made a pledge - but not enough to avoid an austerity drive that is exactly what is not needed. But the worst aspect of Israeli economic policy is that, by closing down Gaza's exports to Israel and the West Bank, the blockade is destroying the emerging independent business class. This is, over time, a tragedy.

In his excellent recent book Forces of Fortune, Middle East scholar Vali Nasr argues the great battle for the soul of the region will not be fought over religion but over business and capitalism. He describes an upwardly mobile middle class of entrepreneurs and investors who have no interest in compromising their prosperity with ideological extremism.

If the economy fails, the sensible elements in Palestinian politics - Mahmoud Abbas and Salam Fayad, respectively the President and the Prime Minister of the PNA - are weakened. There is a danger that an opportunity is slipping by unnoticed. Economic progress could be the midwife of political progress.

But as well as being an identity question, this is also a knife-and-fork question. The Egyptian revolution was a howl of anguish about unemployment. The Tunisian revolution started with the complaint of a fruit-seller about food prices. The protests in Jordan are, at root, economic.

It would simplify too much to say that if prosperity is achieved then peace must come in its wake; but in the history of bad ideas it has to be better than Marmite. And I love Marmite.

so why are you telling me this on this post?
Are you responding to something that was written in that blog article?
Did you read the blog article?

Are you just posting random propanganda on anything I say?
Things are much more simple than that article, they just should live in peace and problem solved.
Iran is the aggressor...the palestinians are just tools
Iran is just a puppet of China.
china is just a puppet of the USA
The USA is just a puppet of idiots.
if only we were more like the Soviet Union or Somalia!