Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 15

Taking the High Ground

:icondkalban:
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I want to start this by stating 1. Im a Jew (though in no way devout) and 2. Im for the existence of Israel.

However, unlike way too many people; Im willing to find fault in BOTH sides in the present conflict going on in Israel.

Bibi has allied himself with Israeli extremists, fanatics from the settlements, and a most unholy alliance with the American Radical Christian Right.

Hamas, of course, needs no explanation.

These two sides want nothing more than death and destruction and innocents are in the crossfire.

As a Jew, I feel its my duty to stand up against injustice, even if that means against my own people. I feel that both belligerents need to be removed from power on both sides and reasonable people will come through. Palestinians are not Hamas, Israelis are not Likud (in an example for the latter, the IDF followed through with a court order to remove settlers despite attacks from said settlers and Bibi trying to appeal it)

What happens to me then is that Im attacked for not siding with a side. By Palestinians, Im still a Zionist. To my fellow Jews, Ive been called "Judenraut" or worse.

My questions to you are this:

1. Is there more than the one solution that will bring us to mutually assured destruction?

2. Why do people attack those who take the high road?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontristancody:
TristanCody Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Writer
I agree. In the end, this conflict will be an eye for an eye. Endless in death and infinite in suffering.
It doesnt have to be though
It does not. And I would never want it to be. Yet, as we both know, neither side will take the moral high ground and no compromise will be made. The thought of how to fix this oppresses me right now. I want to help, just trying to figure out how.
Until a generation of more within both camps says "ENOUGH" loud enough to drown out the warmongers, it will be.

Until then, we need to add outside pressure.
Accordingly, the pressure shall be added. :handshake:
COMMENCE THE JEWISH GUILT!

A battalion of peace loving Bubbes chastising Israeli politicians etc for warmongering would be interesting and amusing
TristanCody Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Writer
And you have made my day.
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:bow:
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Yes I agree. When both sides have extreme positions, there can be no compromise and without compromise, there can be no peace. ('Give peace a chance' as John Lennon would say) [link]
Agreed; and it sickens me that in Israel, peace activists are being threatened by the ultra orthodox
Add a Comment: