Military forums?

Should military forums be allowed here as politics and the military are closely connected?

I'm talking about stuff like military history, opinions and "What if" scenarios
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
dA needs a History forum.
Why would you need it?

Can't you just read forum descriptions and place any thread you want appropriately?
The problem is that the form descriptions can sometimes be........"Confined to a certain perimeter"
No, just fucking read them and the stickies, and you should be set.
No. There are groups for this.
there is a much bigger photomanipulation community here and they cannot get divorced from 'Digital Art' no matter how nicely they ask so I have doubts anout them allowing another forum, but you can always ask I suppose.
Can you give an example of a topic that would be discussed?
Sure :D

"Why was Gallipoli a total failure for the Allies?"
"Napoleon V. Robert E. Lee: Who would win?"
"The Pacific Battle fleet finds out about the Japanese's plan & leaves Pearl Harbor to confront the Japanese aircraft carriers a few miles away: What happens?"
"If Rommel were to fight in The War on Terror, how would he do?"

Topics like that
Interesting topics, and I don't think they'd be unwelcome on this forum as such. I'd say I would be fairly clueless on answering any of them, except to say that Rommel would be an awful commander to counter a terrorist/guerrilla threat - Goebbels would probably have been much more successful.
There's a lot of debating here, not quite sure if that's what you're looking for, but these forums would probably be your best bet.
Hmmm.....not from the looks of it, it is
there are enough military forums around the 'net we don't need them on dA because I suspect the amount of people actually in the military is pretty low

"Horatio Hornblower"
yeah, there'd be more of that than real life honest to god military shit.
I'm talking about military enthusiasts (People interested in the Napoleonic Wars, WWI & WWII, Generals, Tanks, Battleships etc.)

Hornblower was a sailor of a Royal Navy a little more than 200 years ago
Is there really a big enough military enthusiast community on deviantart to warrant their own forum?
You need not! Do these clubs not suffice for discussion? Can a topic not be raised in journal format?
From what I can tell no, they haven't
Well I'd suggest posting this thread in the suggestions forum. In the meantime, you could raise a topic in general discussion and post a link to your groups.
View all replies
"I'm talking about military enthusiasts (People interested in the Napoleonic Wars, WWI & WWII, Generals, Tanks, Battleships etc.)"

So your talking about a subset of history enthusiasts, why not a history boards for talking about all kinds of history.

"Hornblower was a sailor of a Royal Navy a little more than 200 years ago"
read 200 years ago. There would be few vets, and many conspiracy theorists.
That sounds ACTUALLY AWESOME! dA should have that!

What?