Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 113

Should Texas seceed? a simple proposal

:iconhopeira9:
hopeira9 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I say we just have one big vote. About 6 months or maybe a year from now (long enough for people to become educated about issues and maybe long enough for butthurt from the election to go away), we, as a people, have a vote. Just a 'yes' 'no' for Texas secession. If No is the majority, then it's settled, no more discussion of this, we as a people have decided to stay. If it comes out to 'Yes', THEN we do what we can to ensure Texas secession on account of the peoples wishes. No government bull crap, no politics, no representatives, just us.
Agree? Disagree? Thoughts in general?

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Interface Designer
:lock: at request of the OP.
:iconmagusthelofty:
MagusTheLofty Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
If they want to secede, let them. The next hurricane that destroys their shores, they'll come running back to the US for help anyway.
Plus it'll save the US Govt on taxes. Example:
For every $1 NJ gives the govt, they get $0.75 back.
For Texas every $1 they give they gets $1.50.
They'll miss that return.
:iconblack-allison:
Black-Allison Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
If Texas wants to succeed they should at least do half the work the Bloc Quebecois do (the separatist party up until recently was actually the 4rth biggest political party in Canada and held power)
:iconrandomxeno:
RandomXeno Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Why not? I would be fun to see Mexico test their luck and annex them =P
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Yes.
:iconzagstrike:
ZaGstrike Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Texas would probably exist as an impoverished and embargoed nation for a couple of months, then next thing you know the weaken ass and gun lax government would end up being overthrown by a highly armed and extremist insurgency made from hungry hillbillies that would usher in the oppressive and xenophobic reign they've always wanted, taliban style.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
Op op op Taliban style
:iconzagstrike:
ZaGstrike Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Heeeeeeey, sexy goateh!
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
I agree with the concept but only Texans should be allowed to vote on the fate of Texas. Other states may want to secede as well. Self determination is one of the natural laws. To deny self determination is a violation of human rights. Make the election 1 year from now so next November. Account and adhere to the will of the people: Yes or No.

Given the option Texas would certainly elect to secede. On the other hand the "union" is gaining Peurto Rico. [link] Both liberals and conservatives should be happy with this outcome.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
"Given the option Texas would certainly elect to secede."

There is so much interest there in seccession.

That is why the petition asking for it to happen has about 110,000 signatures compared to the 26,000,000 million people who live in Texas. If I used my calculator correctly that equates to about 0.4%

A noisy 0.4% does not compare to 99.6%
Add a Comment: