Iron Dome interceptors hit 90% of their targets in sky.

Iron Dome interceptors hit 90% of their targets in sky.
[link]

5th Iron Dome battery now deployed. It's in greater Tel Aviv area. Since Nov 14, Iron Dome interceptors hit 90% of their targets in sky.

Usually, Israel has been forced into hastily prepared ground operations in order to persuade terrorist factions, whether in Judea & Samaria, Lebanon, or Gaza, that attacking Israeli civilians is a poor choice for their muqawama (a.k.a. ideology of conflict enhancement) methodology. As the United Nations' general assembly has been, in recent years, occupied by a clear majority of non-aligned dictatorships, a quick denunciation of Israel's right to defend its population (with offensive action) was issued. Many other countries have often issued their own statements which requested 'proportional' response (as if that makes military sense where 1 million Israeli civilians are randomly targeted by rockets that aim to kill as many Jews, civilian or other, as possible).

How does the new success rate of Israel's defense system affect the global view on the strategic difficulties Israel face? How much breathing room does Israel allow for offensive measures, now that it has a system which muffles the effects of the thousands of rockets launched in the direction of its civilians?
Comments324
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
but what happens to the other 10%?
[link] - Gaza rocket penetrates school's roof and 'tears classroom apart'; 3 lightly hurt in rocket barrages on south; rockets fired at Beersheba.
a ceasefire has been declared.
Sure enough, Gaza celebrated victory.
:iconspartalolplz:
and anyway, why shouldn't they celebrate a victory?
[link] ...Seems a popular opinion is that they got a better deal from the ceasefire than Israel did.
I'm not following you. One moment you're upset when I mention their behavior as if I am a prick, the next you're applauding their behavior. Which is it?
I apologise. I should not be calling you a prick even if you are one. I will try and avoid such comments on your posts in the future.
nah, not applauding, asking a question ...but you are a prick.
gloating just reminds me you are a real jerk.
Oh. I wasn't gloating... I was making note of how they behaved -- I guess you were not aware and perceived my mimicking of their zealot celebration as if I was gloating... please. Check out the news reports yourself...

[link] - Defense Minister Ehud Barak dismissed the victory celebrations in the Gaza Strip on Thursday. Speaking on Israeli television, Barak said that the Hamas government was deceiving their populace with fabricated achievements. "They [Hamas] are deceiving their own people. They are celebrating the downing of an F-16 [which did not happen] and rockets that supposedly exploded in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. They know full well what has befallen them: The prime minister's official residence is gone, their manufacturing infrastructure is gone, no heavy machinery, they now have less than 40 percent of the medium range rockets they once possessed, and a buried military chief," Barak said. With gunshots, sweets and cries of victory, Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets to celebrate Wednesday’s cease-fire deal, which ended eight days of deadly fighting between Israel and Islamist terrorists. After being stuck at home for days for fear of Israeli airstrikes, tens of thousands of Palestinians crowded into cars and doubled up on motorcycles, waving flags and chanting for Hamas.

[link] - "Congratulations on your victory," passersby said as they shook hands with Hamas traffic policemen back on the streets after days in hiding to avoid Israeli bombs and missiles. ... "We have elected Hamas and the resistance to regain our rights. We have a land that we want back," said grey-bearded Abu Mohammed Shameya, 52, buying food in an outdoor market. "Each Jew should pack his things and leave. We are fed up with them." (Oops, I guess he forgot to paraphrase himself not to sound anti-Semitic) ... "Israel learnt a lesson it will never forget" said 51-year-old Khalil Al-Rass from Beach refugee camp in Gaza City. "We are the spearhead, we don't want anything from Arab countries, we only need weapons. We have achieved what no other country did."
from that same news report - "Hamas said that it has officially ordered its military wing to stop firing projectiles on Israel"
they said, but there rockets kept coming.
how do you know it was Hamas rockets and not some splinter group? you don't is what I am guessing unless Hamas has actually acknowledged that they are responsible.

The situation with Hamas is vry unstable and no Israeli should be surprised by that. It is what happens when one keeps on killing the leaders of an organisation to remove effective control. That means that, when control is required, such as when they declare a truce, there is nobody who has enough experience to exercise it totally and thouroughly. Reap what is sown.
you cannot do even a weeding there without Hamas consent,
Until people of the western and other Arab countries don't help them to understand that they need to move on and accept there is a country called Israel there will be no peace for them, Israel is super super small, is a tiny peace of land surrounded by Arab countries that don't want to accept that Israel exist, this war is not about Palestinians people, is about the honor of the Arabs, and as you know Egypt also doing a blockage towards them because they don't want to deal with them aether.
Was a military leader of Hamas killed so recently that it resulted in a barrage of rocket fire in retaliation? Who does his job right now? Anyone who is visibly in control gets killed.
View all replies
Awesome. It looks like the Aliens are with the Jews. And the Aliens are even more with the United States. Let us take our country back from the Jews... unless they want to be the 53rd state?
I say again:

This is a Semite war.

Israel can defend itself without the west intervening.

Go on and kill your enemies, just don't drag us down into it.

If it needs to roll into Gaza and kill everyone there, so be it.

But the moment you drag us into it, or shoot at us, or expand into our lands : then there's a problem.

But you're not going to pass your little middle eastern shit boundaries, now are you?
Well seeing as Interior Minister Eli Yishai was quoted by Israel's Haaretz newspaper as saying that the goal of the current operation was "to send Gaza back to the Middle Ages" I don't think Iron Dome will reduce the amount of offensive military action against Gaza. The Arabs may hate the Israelis, but the blind hatred is by no means one-sided. :shrug:
Did he say to kill people or to destroy the Gaza infrastructure? (Hint: it was the latter).

You really can't create a moral equivalence between Hamas' charter's trees and rock quote and their everyday teachings about killing Jews with an Israeli official's perspective on how much infrastructure should be destroyed in order to bring peace to the people of Israel.
The meaning may have been the latter, but the wording itself was highly insightful into how the Israeli government thinks. Whilst Hamas's doctrine may be morally abhorrent, Israel cannot hope to legitimately hold any moral high-ground when they spew quotes worded like that.
For starters, even if there were more than that single quote, Israel can indeed claim moral high ground as that quote does not say 'kill all Arabs', which is what an equivalent quote would be. Secondly, it is a single quote and the Minister was reprimanded for making statements which contradict the position of the Israeli government.
The point is, the quote contradicts the official position of the government, but more than likely shows the true feelings of Israeli ministers.
That's an absurdity. If one child says something in class, does he automatically speak for the rest of the students?
The only point is that he was reprimanded for speaking words which do not reflect the views of the government.