Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 325

Iron Dome interceptors hit 90% of their targets in sky.

:iconjaakobou:
Iron Dome interceptors hit 90% of their targets in sky.
[link]

5th Iron Dome battery now deployed. It's in greater Tel Aviv area. Since Nov 14, Iron Dome interceptors hit 90% of their targets in sky.

Usually, Israel has been forced into hastily prepared ground operations in order to persuade terrorist factions, whether in Judea & Samaria, Lebanon, or Gaza, that attacking Israeli civilians is a poor choice for their muqawama (a.k.a. ideology of conflict enhancement) methodology. As the United Nations' general assembly has been, in recent years, occupied by a clear majority of non-aligned dictatorships, a quick denunciation of Israel's right to defend its population (with offensive action) was issued. Many other countries have often issued their own statements which requested 'proportional' response (as if that makes military sense where 1 million Israeli civilians are randomly targeted by rockets that aim to kill as many Jews, civilian or other, as possible).

How does the new success rate of Israel's defense system affect the global view on the strategic difficulties Israel face? How much breathing room does Israel allow for offensive measures, now that it has a system which muffles the effects of the thousands of rockets launched in the direction of its civilians?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconrasec-wizzlbang:
Rasec-Wizzlbang Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
but what happens to the other 10%?
[link] - Gaza rocket penetrates school's roof and 'tears classroom apart'; 3 lightly hurt in rocket barrages on south; rockets fired at Beersheba.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
a ceasefire has been declared.
Sure enough, Gaza celebrated victory.
:iconspartalolplz:
CouchyCreature Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
and anyway, why shouldn't they celebrate a victory?
[link] ...Seems a popular opinion is that they got a better deal from the ceasefire than Israel did.
I'm not following you. One moment you're upset when I mention their behavior as if I am a prick, the next you're applauding their behavior. Which is it?
I apologise. I should not be calling you a prick even if you are one. I will try and avoid such comments on your posts in the future.
nah, not applauding, asking a question ...but you are a prick.
gloating just reminds me you are a real jerk.
Oh. I wasn't gloating... I was making note of how they behaved -- I guess you were not aware and perceived my mimicking of their zealot celebration as if I was gloating... please. Check out the news reports yourself...

[link] - Defense Minister Ehud Barak dismissed the victory celebrations in the Gaza Strip on Thursday. Speaking on Israeli television, Barak said that the Hamas government was deceiving their populace with fabricated achievements. "They [Hamas] are deceiving their own people. They are celebrating the downing of an F-16 [which did not happen] and rockets that supposedly exploded in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. They know full well what has befallen them: The prime minister's official residence is gone, their manufacturing infrastructure is gone, no heavy machinery, they now have less than 40 percent of the medium range rockets they once possessed, and a buried military chief," Barak said. With gunshots, sweets and cries of victory, Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets to celebrate Wednesday’s cease-fire deal, which ended eight days of deadly fighting between Israel and Islamist terrorists. After being stuck at home for days for fear of Israeli airstrikes, tens of thousands of Palestinians crowded into cars and doubled up on motorcycles, waving flags and chanting for Hamas.

[link] - "Congratulations on your victory," passersby said as they shook hands with Hamas traffic policemen back on the streets after days in hiding to avoid Israeli bombs and missiles. ... "We have elected Hamas and the resistance to regain our rights. We have a land that we want back," said grey-bearded Abu Mohammed Shameya, 52, buying food in an outdoor market. "Each Jew should pack his things and leave. We are fed up with them." (Oops, I guess he forgot to paraphrase himself not to sound anti-Semitic) ... "Israel learnt a lesson it will never forget" said 51-year-old Khalil Al-Rass from Beach refugee camp in Gaza City. "We are the spearhead, we don't want anything from Arab countries, we only need weapons. We have achieved what no other country did."
Add a Comment: