Closed to new replies
November 16, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 20

Thoughts on Real Time with Bill Maher?

:iconslutty-artemis-fowl:
Slutty-Artemis-Fowl Nov 16, 2012  Student General Artist
I've been really into this show for a while, and I'm curious. Do ya'll agree with most of his political beliefs? All of them? None of them? Only some?
Do you think he's really good at getting his point across, or no?

I'd like to hear detailed reasons for your thoughts, too. I always enjoy hearing every side of things.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
My dad absolutely loves this guy, and I'm a flaming social liberal, but I hate Bill Mahr because he's a lazy comedian. He made a career of pointing out how stupid George Bush was, which frankly takes no skill. After growing up with the worst president in recent history, I don't want to hear about Gee Dubs anymore. Hate Micheal Moore too, he's just fat and obnoxious, enjoy Rachel Maddow though, so cute and smart.
:iconkalinka-shadows:
I find him boring, and paranoid. He is an Anti-Vaxxer, which isn't good.
:iconscnal:
Scnal Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The Onion is all I need.

For serious though I've never seen him.
:icontortellinipen:
From what little I've seen of him, he doesn't seem much better than the likes of Limbaugh or Beck. If you're getting your political views from screaming men on TV, you're doing it wrong.
:iconajglass:
AJGlass Nov 16, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
Bill is entertaining - and not always right.

He is however, more right than wrong on most issues (vaccines being one exception).
:iconinfinitetolerance:
I like Bill. I agree with most of his points and he can get them across with comedy. I hope one day I can be on his show.
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Talking Head on TV

/end of thread
:iconvomitbear:
His show has been shit since he left ABC.

Back then the show was all about the topics, the chaos of the discussions was alive.
Now it's segmented bullshit and the conversations are limited to 20 second bursts so Bill can do stupid shit.

It used to be Nightline and Maher for a good combo.
Now it's "I'll tune in for the 10 minutes of people talking about stuff" then change then channel.
:iconhgwizard:
HGWizard Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Not a fan.

It annoys me when people believe that just because you are an atheist, it automatically means you are an intellectual. I believe Bill Maher is guilty of that kind of thinking.

And yes, the vaccination thing is true. He's just like goofy doofy Glenn Beck in that sense!
:iconvomitbear:
I think your 'disgust' is misplaced. Mr Maher has been in the industry for decades now. He's an established personality.

On some issues he's got legitimate thoughts, on others, he's trendy or emotional.
That more or less makes him the equal to most of today's prominent opinion slingers.
Add a Comment: