Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 78

Something stinks. (Petraeus Scandal)

:iconjedfire:
Jedfire Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
If the DIRECTOR OF THE CIA can't keep something as simple as an extramarital affair secret, what the hell good is he, anyway?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjeysie:
Jeysie Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I have to wonder why he was having an affair to begin with.

It's really easy to keep it in, or out of, your pants.
Jedfire Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
apparently the reporter chick was pumping him for information... literally.
:icondkalban:
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The General was taking orders from his Privates
Jedfire Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
lol
:icondkalban:
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:bow:
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
This thing that's been going on is like a soap opera! First, CIA director cheats on his wife with girlfriend, girlfriend thinks she's got competition and sends nasty emails to girly, girly freaks out and contacts a FBI agent, FBI agent gets horny and sends a shirtless picture of himself to girly, girly also has a sister that's emotionally unstable, and everyone that I've just mentioned is MARRIED. :stare:
Jedfire Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
yeah it sounds like a B-movie of the week.
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
And he's stepping down right before he would have to testify on the bengazi scandal.

If this doesn't smell like a cover up, than what is?

If you actually pay attention to political history, big name public figures do not step down due to marital affairs, or sex scandals. They all have really wierd kinky sex, and its all an open secret. Marriages are political and for appearance.

The last one I remember was James McGreevy(NJ govenor) stepping down for being outed as gay. Everyone in state government and probably the media knew this, but kept their mouths shut out of good taste. His marriage was a political marriage to a powerful family.

He came out only after it was found his boyfriend was an Israeli spy, and the FBI let him go provided he find a way to step down. This I have from authoritative sources who I cannot name.
:iconalphamale1980:
alphamale1980 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Just because he's stepping down doesn't mean he's not testifying on Bengazi. He's still scheduled to testify at the exact moment he was scheduled to do so originally.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
according to all of the media reports I have seen, he no longer needs to testify because he is no longer the director. Do you have sources that state that he will definitely still testify?
alphamale1980 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Actually the testimony was today, here's a report before:[link] , and here's one after:[link]
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thanks. I am surprised that he testified after all the reports saying he would not. Doesn't read like he told anything we didn't know already. I suppose that was to be expected.
I would suggest looking into which news organizations were claiming that he would not have to testify after he quit. It's a pretty ridiculous thing to come up with if you think about it.

It's not like ONLY federal employees are required to obey a summons to testify. And that it would be somehow reasonable for him to say "screw it I'm not going" if he were a civilian.
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
agree, and since they all share info like that without verifying, it is no wonder that folk like me can get it wrong even if seeing it reported in multiple sources.
I try to find direct information rather than relying on news claims. For instance the senate and house websites will often have information on hearings, as well as actual text to bills. The CBO (congressional budget office) is good for getting facts and figures on spending and taxes.
:iconreaperchris13:
Reaperchris13 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student Artist
This is getting too much coverage. If the man does a good job at work I really don't give a fuck if he cheats on his wife.
:iconmomoe:
momoe Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
I think right-wing pundits are trying to draw a link with this and the Bengazi incident as a sign that his job performance was compromised.

Course the key words here are "right-wing pundits"
:iconscythepuppet:
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What if this entire thing is simply an elaborate cover story to hide something far more serious? What if that, huh?
I couldn't tell you, cause I have no idea.

I just cannot believe its over sex.
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You can't? It's sex.
and....

Die Hard social conservative(or at least he was in the 1990s), Newt Gingrich had many affairs, and got divorced 4 times.(5 marriages), after harping on "family values".

He was alive enough in poliitcs to run in the primary this year, and few, if any social conservatives brought it up. Thats a partisan blowhard.

Now your talking about General Petraeus, who's claim to fame is writing the army field manual entitled "counterinsurgency", which is so famous, it made reading lists far outside military circles, and so good, I'd label it a companion work to Che Guevera's "Gureilla Warfare", and might be a defining military guide of our age.

Although a republican, his support in politics is bi-partisan and hard won from his results on the ground in Iraq, most thought were impossible before hand. Not from shrill rabble rousing and pandering. Of course he's also not in politics, and not looking to get into politics in the near future. There is no one with anything to gain by lynching him politically.....

So, if Newt can stay in politics after an affair, how can not a man in a secretive spy agency job not shrink from the lime light?

Of course we know there is Bill "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Clinton, who despite the lynch mob was entirely unmoved politically.
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Well, here's the thing to remember, here: Newt took his lumps for the extramarital affairs as they came to light, in the 90s. I was just a kid, but I remember at least a few of the political cartoons making fun of him. There's no guarantee that Petreus is going to suffer in the long term for this.

It's big news right now because it just happened, but big news does not equal permanent political pariahood.
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
"Newt took his lumps for the extramarital affairs as they came to light, in the 90s"

Of course, and Clinton took a real beating for a blow job.

Guess what, it finnished niether careers, and both were career politicians. Newt was alive and kicking through the 2012 primary season, over a decade later. Clinton never missed a beat in his presidency, and the impeachment for lying to congress never happened.

Both Gingrich and Clinton were in today's terms pretty polarizing figures, loved by their friends and hated by their enemies. They have long lines of people who'd love to seem them both respectively burn.

Petraeus's support is far more bi-partisan, and less politically relivant. His achievements real, and there is no one intrested in seeing him burn.

So if Clinton and Gingrich can both survive sex related lynch mobs, why can't someone like Petraeus.
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I didn't say he wouldn't. You said "I can't believe this is over sex." to which I responded "You can't? It's sex."

My point was that the media makes a big deal out of sex, not that it's a career ender.
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
"My point was that the media makes a big deal out of sex, not that it's a career ender."

My point was soley that its not a career ender.
(1 Reply)
:icondefinedeviancydown:
DefineDeviancyDown Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I believe you're correct.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Two men can keep a secret if one of the is dead.
:iconkimihro:
Kimihro Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Them, godammit
Damn typos,ruining my adages...
:iconschnitzelmobile:
SchnitzelMobile Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Somethin' stinks alright, but I think its just my hand
:iconpsyopjunkie:
psyopjunkie Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Read the VT article. It's like something out of desperate housewives:

[link]
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It was his girlfriend who spilled the beans by sending threatening emails to yet ANOTHER woman she thought was trying to get together with him.

How good was the girlfriend at keeping secrets? She just had her security clearance stripped because she was storing classified information in her home. So... yeah.
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Painuses touching vagoos?! Stop teh presses!
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Oops, the CIA really isn't that useful these days anymore, is it?

I'd liquidate its functions into the FBI and oust some of the worse secrets they're keeping. As in dumb secrets.
Isn't the CIA pretty much the US's entire intelligence network? They're our eyes and ears outside of the US. In a world where nations are more likely to behave like middle school girls than village drunks (as they were in previous centuries), intelligence is more important than firepower.

In theory, anyway.
the CIA, the DIA, the NSA, a whole host of alphabet soup.
Then what does the FBI do?
They're domestic. Federal law enforcement.
Then why have the CIA and FBI known to have been at arms with eachother?
because sometimes the CIA makes and uses resources that are on the FBI's wanted list.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
That's rather garish of the CIA.
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sometimes their jurisdictions are unclear. Is a foreigner in the US a domestic or international threat? What about an American abroad?
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
What about the influences that the churches of the USA are having on the state affairs of other countries? :dummy:
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, I don't know, I'm going to need some Letter Vinaigrette to go with that word salad up there.
Jedfire Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
because the former is not law enforcement, and much of what they do is in fact illegal.
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
You know, perhaps the CIA could be reeled back so it wouldn't be a headache to everyone.
Jedfire Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
good luck with that.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
The CIA does more to actually keep us safe from terrorism than all the TSA agents who have ever patted down toddlers, congressmen, invalid old ladies, and decorated war veterans COMBINED.
Oh, I know. I don't see the point of the TSA. Increased security sure, but not burning money.
:icondebit:
Debit Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
The US politics have been at odds with its own intel agencies, CIA in particular. (The aftermath of Iran-Contra Affair is still around.) Other major powers have more straightforward attitude towards their own; they have smaller budget and personnel to work with, yet they can hold on their own. Technical intel is where the US has been the strongest.
Of course; intel and fact gathering are pretty much the only things the USA can do in this age. Anything else and they'll be caught and called out by the Internet.
Add a Comment: