Closed to new replies
November 13, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 148

Thanks a lot fellow California voters..

:icondebra-marie:
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
...For voting on something that made the sales tax higher. It makes me so happy to have an 8.25% sales tax now. In a depression, that is probably the best thing to do. I just love paying higher taxes, don't you? :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpunker--rocker:
punker--rocker Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
One of the most liberal states has highest debt. Go figure. Your fellow "statesmen" keep making idiotic choices, and you have my sympathy.
:iconmosstarkitteh:
MosstarKitteh Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
California: LOL HOW DO I MONEY.

Seriously though, California has some serious problems with figuring out how to manage their money. Weren't they going to build a multi-billion dollar high speed train from L.A. to San Francisco without the actual high-speed train? (Correct me if I'm wrong; I bugged out of there before the issue was done being debated. XP)
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Actually I thought it was from Bakersfield to LA? la to san fran would be so cool tho xD expensive...but cool
MosstarKitteh Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Oh, okay. XD I just new it was from L.A. to somewhere in Northern California...and it would be pretty cool if they could actually do one, but they have no mullah.
They have mullah, they just don't know how to spend it correctly. xD
MosstarKitteh Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
XD True that!
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
MONIES :iconmoneyplz:
XD
:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
As President, I will raise taxes. It is the only way we can pay off our debt. It's a hard thing to do when you cut government programs and just put more people out of work in this struggling economy.

However, the taxes I raise will only be for the rich.
:iconraidpirate52:
raidpirate52 Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Liberals love paying more expensive stuff. On the bright side, California is keeping the death penalty.
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Thank goodness!!
:iconmonochromereflection:
MonochromeReflection Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconnelsonplz:
:icontheawesomefaerie:
TheAwesomeFaerie Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012   Traditional Artist
And here in the UK, we pay 20%. What were you complaining about again?
:iconmicorasol:
micorasol Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
They pay federal tax, state tax and even county or municipality tax. It's not that their tax is only 8.25%.
Plus in England you have everything in that 20% package, in California they have nothing but highways.
:icontheawesomefaerie:
TheAwesomeFaerie Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012   Traditional Artist
Ah right, thanks for explaining that.
-points to comments below- I'm getting tired of repeating myself. Its not about the amount its about the government
:icondorsaispirit:
Dorsaispirit Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
To those of you that are comparing your sales tax in other countries to California's, just remember, you are getting a lot more for your tax dollars than we get in the US. Our system doesn't support us as well as other countries. So even a slight increase actually sees far less in returns to the taxpayers. And when those politicians tend to not want to disclose how the tax revenue is being spent, people are a little bit upset.
Thank you. I didn't know I was going to get attacked by so many people. 3:
:icondorsaispirit:
Dorsaispirit Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Trying to convince other countries that we wouldn't mind paying higher taxes if we got something of value for those high taxes is an uphill struggle. Trying to convince them that we have zero confidence in our politicians to spend that money correctly is even harder.
And sharing your opinion without being called names is even HARDER! ><
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Some places in Europe pay like, 35% tax? Some places even more. Get over it. Its not a one person country. There are THOUSANDS of people that are struggling to make ends meet. Its about common courtesy.
:iconbullet-magnet:
Bullet-Magnet Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
I pay 20% sales tax. And check out these other countries [link]

You come on here to complain but you have no idea how good you have it.
:iconjohntrollinski666:
johntrollinski666 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Oh stop whining. Some parts of Canada have 16% tax, and other countries have over 20%. Stop crying like a little bitch.
For the 10 millionth time I was complaining about how the government handles the money not the amount.
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh boohoo, in my province in Canada we pay 16% taxes on most things and yes I'm happy to pay it because I rather pay high taxes then have streets falling apart, no police protection, no one to stop fires, no decent schools for the children of the community, no where for the children to go after school and have to pay 2-3 times out of my pocket for basic medical coverage.

Taxes can be bad but they're also beneficial for a country to run properly. Unless you're getting ridiculously overtaxed which btw under 9% is far FAAAAAAAAAAR from overtaxed you need to just deal with it.
Instead of complaining about taxes, especially ones that are low by comparison to much of the world, criticize HOW those taxes are being used. The worse thing people can do is assume all taxation is evil without even knowing how that money is spent. You'd be surprise of all the very good things that money goes towards that would really fucked the shit out of your community if that money wasn't there.
Debra-Marie Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I guess I should have been more specific, but I'm upset with the fact that the California government doesn't spend the money they say they will, so I didn't trust them on the specific proposition. They have been raising taxes every single year, but my streets are falling apart, the education system sucks, etc etc. I have no idea where the money is actually going to.
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You account for every single penny that they spend now? Just because you, little tiny insignificant you can't see everything that they do, that they're doing nothing with it?

Guess what, money is HARD, life is HARD, people are struggling to feed themselves and their children, people are living in places where murders are happening next door but have no money to get out. Guess what, the education system sucks, but its better than not having one. If its such a big problem. Go get a petition up, get people involved.

Or sit there, in a pub, slagging off a group of people about their work that you've done nothing to even attempt to research in.
D: Ah, well then you can be legit upset. They're probably spending it badly if that's the case which isn't fair to you. Not sure what you could do about it exactly o.o spreading awareness might help.
I wanna move to South Korea. Thats my solution. Cheap living, wonderful internet, and good food! The only downside is the language/culture barrier
:c That is a problem, though learning their language probably wouldn't be that hard. I'm sure you'd get used to the culture eventually so long as you keep an open mind.
I would be so scared of accidentally doing something that is offensive there.
D: yeah I know. I'm sure they would forgive you being a foreigner and stuff.
:iconspace-out-scout:
Space-Out-Scout Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Californian Reporting in. I am by no means a wealthy fellow, but I'd rather work towards lowering our State's debt than go without a coffee a couple times a week.
It's definitely not that big of a deal, especially considering the situations everyone else is in heheh. Oh, and in a Depression, it is a viable method to raise taxes to cushion
its effects, pretty sure we can handle it, cuz yknow, we're badass :iconbadassplz:
I hope we can handle it...the debt is just increasing and increasing. Ugh.
Aye, it is. But the Tax should help with that neh?
If its used properly
Not that hard to do that right...
:icondannimondesigns:
DannimonDesigns Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I'd kill for 8.25% sales tax. Try living in a state where its 10.25%
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
have fun with that!

now to go have fun with my states upcoming massive property tax increase!!!
That really sucks!!
:iconhumanknotgirl:
humanknotgirl Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Californian here. You're an idiot. We had an 8.375% tax a few years ago. We dealt with it then; we can deal with it now. At least the money goes to the state's education budget and paying down the state's debt. And for fuck's sake, it's a QUARTER OF A CENT INCREASE. If you spend $100, you pay an additional 25 cents. Get over it.
My dad is an accountant. HE told me about the change. Its different depending on the area of California you live in. No, I'm not stupid. I'm pretty sure I can trust someone who deals with taxes on a daily basis.
>My dad is an accountant.

This fact means absolutely nothing to me. If you looked at the General Election packet it told you all the information you could possibly need about the bill. Assuming most people read it, they felt the increases were justifiable, and with good reason.

There are over 35 million people in California, and this legislation is going to potentially add $6 Billion to state revenue, which we need right now to cover the soaring costs the state has been incurring across the past six or seven years.
I did read the packet. And I think the money isn't going to go to education. The California government had lied in the past, and they will do it again. But I could be wrong. We will just have to wait and see I guess. (was it really necessary to call me stupid? :()
:iconmclandis:
Mclandis Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
So the solution is to not close the gaping hole in California's budget? Sound logic there, bro.
My apologies. I'm a stickler about government policies. There are a lot of people I know who want things and aren't willing to pay the necessary taxes to afford them. It's bad math and usually requires other things being cut (for example, my dad's pay has been cut every year for the past five because he works in public service).
:iconmeanus:
meanus Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
California handles their taxes so well...how they ever got into such a monstrous debt is beyond me. Love Big Brother because he NEVER FAILS!!!
I believe the government just doesn't know how to properly spend the money California has. They keep pulling out money and don't know how to manage it. I don't think the problem is how much we have. And Swartznagger definitely made the problem worse. I think we need more financial experts in the California government.
I agree with you there; people get in and they have no idea what they're doing. It's a damn shame.
Mmmmhm!
Add a Comment: