OK. I am not for legalizing all drugs now.

Just decriminalizing them... ALL

I just can't do it. For the future of our kids.

But, I still don't believe people deserve to go to prison.

So, if we decriminalize all drugs, people won't go to prison, but just get a fine. And, a meeting with some people who will offer treatment.

Portugal has been like this since 2001, so go research it. Their society is better off now.

Still disagree?

Fuck, you still disagree.
Comments53
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Legalize the more harmless ones and treat them with the same laws as alcohol. Decriminalize the harder ones. Then while we're at it make the jail systems for other crimes more rehab-based anyway.
That's what I'm talking about!
I still disagree. You want to decriminalize meth
People who are on meth don't deserve to go to prison. They don't even deserve to pay the government money in the form of fees. But, that is a compromise I can deal with.
Deserve?

You, my drugged friend, need a reality tjeck.
Your argument was one word... and it was my word... come up with at least a sentence.
And heroin, PCP, LSD, crack, cocaine, you know.
It's all tooooootally harmless!
Drugs should be treated like Alcohol, they can work a way around it and set the right laws.
The question is, do they really want to legalize/decriminalize Drugs?
ive never heard any argument that makes sense for making drugs illegal, it's just a dumb non-solution, it doesn't work, it doesn't address the issue the right way.
YAY. LEGALISE METH. I CAN'T WAIT TO RUIN MY BODY AND BECOME ADDICTED BECAUSE IT'S LEGAL NOW!
Legality doesn't mean it's smart to use. Duh. People aren't going to run out and try meth just because it's legal. The school programs teaching kids not to use drugs aren't going to end. People will be knowledgeable about what's happening to their bodies when they use drugs, legal or not, and decriminalization means that someone caught with drugs would pay a fine and seek treatment--in Portugal, drugs are considered a social issue, not a legal issue.
People aren't going to run out and try meth just because it's legal.
Infinate seem to think they would. I was doing a flawless impersonation of him.
Oh! Well, keep doing it then, because you're doing a good job! I do agree with some of the things he says, but he's so... overzealous, I guess you could say.
We all have the right to ruin our bodies. Just look at fat people.
Here's a challenge, make a thread that doesn't involve drugs, the CIA or conspiracy theories.
He wrote a thread about global warming, although it seemed kind of lukewarm. Pun intended.
You're oblivious to the real me.

Just look at the 1st 2nd and 3rd pages of the politics forum.
"Ok. I am not for legalizing all drugs now"
"How many of you actually believe that global warming is false?"
"The US should invade Iran AND North Korea!"
"The US government would save over 40 billion dollars a year if we legalized drugs."
"Marijuana cures cancer!"
"United States of the World"
"Crazy @$$ 5|-|17 yo WAKE UP!" (Conspiracy)
"Drug abuse costs the US economy more than 180 billion dollars a year..."
"washington and clorado legalize marijuana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Maybe I should expand the list to include drug-induced (2, 3 and 6 would fall into this category)

Seriously though, 6 of your 9 threads are drugs or conspiracy and the remaining 3 are batshit insane stuff that looks like the product of drugs.
oh no the majority of my threads are about drugs

Just look at my sig.

WHY am I running for President?

TO CAMPAIGN FOR THE LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA
Decrimimalizing drugs is fine. But I think weed should be legal as alcohol, still got to be 21 and have a sober driver.
I'm for the legalization of marijuana because it's probably less dangerous than alcohol and its less addicting than cigarettes. In a way, I think that I'm for decriminalising a lot of drugs, because the "War on Drugs" hasn't resulted in anything but overcrowded prisons. I think that we should focus more on people who sell drugs rather than the people who use.