Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 52

OK. I am not for legalizing all drugs now.

:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Just decriminalizing them... ALL

I just can't do it. For the future of our kids.

But, I still don't believe people deserve to go to prison.

So, if we decriminalize all drugs, people won't go to prison, but just get a fine. And, a meeting with some people who will offer treatment.

Portugal has been like this since 2001, so go research it. Their society is better off now.

Still disagree?

Fuck, you still disagree.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconscnal:
Scnal Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Legalize the more harmless ones and treat them with the same laws as alcohol. Decriminalize the harder ones. Then while we're at it make the jail systems for other crimes more rehab-based anyway.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
That's what I'm talking about!
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I still disagree. You want to decriminalize meth
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
People who are on meth don't deserve to go to prison. They don't even deserve to pay the government money in the form of fees. But, that is a compromise I can deal with.
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Deserve?

You, my drugged friend, need a reality tjeck.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Your argument was one word... and it was my word... come up with at least a sentence.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
And heroin, PCP, LSD, crack, cocaine, you know.
Svataben Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's all tooooootally harmless!
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconnope1plz:
:iconnope3plz:
:iconmkemaster:
Mkemaster Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Drugs should be treated like Alcohol, they can work a way around it and set the right laws.
The question is, do they really want to legalize/decriminalize Drugs?
:iconhustlerdu:
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
ive never heard any argument that makes sense for making drugs illegal, it's just a dumb non-solution, it doesn't work, it doesn't address the issue the right way.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I like you.

:highfive:
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
YAY. LEGALISE METH. I CAN'T WAIT TO RUIN MY BODY AND BECOME ADDICTED BECAUSE IT'S LEGAL NOW!
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Filmographer
Legality doesn't mean it's smart to use. Duh. People aren't going to run out and try meth just because it's legal. The school programs teaching kids not to use drugs aren't going to end. People will be knowledgeable about what's happening to their bodies when they use drugs, legal or not, and decriminalization means that someone caught with drugs would pay a fine and seek treatment--in Portugal, drugs are considered a social issue, not a legal issue.
:iconcenaris:
Cenaris Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
People aren't going to run out and try meth just because it's legal.
Infinate seem to think they would. I was doing a flawless impersonation of him.
:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Student Filmographer
Oh! Well, keep doing it then, because you're doing a good job! I do agree with some of the things he says, but he's so... overzealous, I guess you could say.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
We all have the right to ruin our bodies. Just look at fat people.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Here's a challenge, make a thread that doesn't involve drugs, the CIA or conspiracy theories.
:iconunvalanced:
Unvalanced Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
He wrote a thread about global warming, although it seemed kind of lukewarm. Pun intended.
You're oblivious to the real me.

Just look at the 1st 2nd and 3rd pages of the politics forum.
:iconragerancher:
Ragerancher Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
"Ok. I am not for legalizing all drugs now"
"How many of you actually believe that global warming is false?"
"The US should invade Iran AND North Korea!"
"The US government would save over 40 billion dollars a year if we legalized drugs."
"Marijuana cures cancer!"
"United States of the World"
"Crazy @$$ 5|-|17 yo WAKE UP!" (Conspiracy)
"Drug abuse costs the US economy more than 180 billion dollars a year..."
"washington and clorado legalize marijuana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Maybe I should expand the list to include drug-induced (2, 3 and 6 would fall into this category)

Seriously though, 6 of your 9 threads are drugs or conspiracy and the remaining 3 are batshit insane stuff that looks like the product of drugs.
oh no the majority of my threads are about drugs

Just look at my sig.

WHY am I running for President?

TO CAMPAIGN FOR THE LEGALIZATION OF MARIJUANA
:iconpokecat:
pokecat Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Decrimimalizing drugs is fine. But I think weed should be legal as alcohol, still got to be 21 and have a sober driver.
:icontortellinipen:
TortelliniPen Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I'm for the legalization of marijuana because it's probably less dangerous than alcohol and its less addicting than cigarettes. In a way, I think that I'm for decriminalising a lot of drugs, because the "War on Drugs" hasn't resulted in anything but overcrowded prisons. I think that we should focus more on people who sell drugs rather than the people who use.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
no, I agree. Decriminalisation along the Portuguese model has been tried and tested and works fine. Less stoners, better use of resources and no big drug boom.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Yes!
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Wouldn't it be better to reform the prison system into a rehabilitative one and deprivatize? Just curious, are you still against legalizing and regulating all of them if the provision is that hard/dangerous ones are regulated so that they may only be marketed for rehabilitation purposes, since most people can't quit cold turkey? Just one more question - you say you want to decriminalize, but then say people should be charged a fine and be directed to treatment - how exactly can you do that if there's no crime committed? 7/10, I have some hope your brain isn't totally fried. :)
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Decriminalization means exactly that. No jail time. No prison time. Just a fine fine.
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
But it's not fully decriminalized if there is a fine.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
*sigh*

criminalization means they go to jail

legalization means fully legal
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
No, we don't need more moronic drug addicts
You're the one who is moronic. You didn't do any research, as I suggested. You remain ignorant of the facts, until now. Portugal had a drug use DECREASE!
It's not just about money. It's about how they affect people, and some do ruin lives. Look at any of the 'harder' drugs and tell me they're completely harmless. Pot is one of the 'less dangerous' drugs, but slows your reaction time to shit.

Asking for some drugs to be legalized, maybe I can see that happening. But to legalize all drugs? You are a fucking lunatic.
Did you even fucking READ THE TITLE OF THE POST?

I AM NOT FOR LEGALIZING ALL DRUGS.

And, of course, you didn't respond to the fact that DRUG USE WENT DOWN IN PORTUGAL!
So you're saying all drugs are fine in Portugal, and there are no problems? None at all? Not a single case of drug abuse, even the hard addicting ones? No problems in the family?

Why do I find this very hard to believe :B

Also, why do you keep posting thread after thread about legalizing drugs? I'd think by now you'd have given up, since you never seem to get any positive feedback.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
So what you're saying is that with the Drug War, we have completely eradicated drugs, no one uses them, let alone abuse them, and wiped them off the face of the Earth...
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012
The drug war is a failure, but that doesn't mean people won't abuse them.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012
People abuse them now!
(1 Reply)
well actually, all drugs are decriminalised in Portugal. Possession remains prohibited. Criminal penalties still apply to drug growers, dealers & traffickers.

Gleaned from the WIKI on this topic...
Posssession sees one with a summons to appear in front of a committee which has a range of different sanctions possible, including fines, suspension of right to practice if in a licencesd profession (like taxi driver, medical doctor, etc.), bans on visiting certain places and foreign travel, periodic reporting and confiscation of possessions and other sanctions. If a person is addicted they may be admitted to a rehabilitation facility or given community service.

Drug use among adolescents decreased, street value of drugs decreased, justice system workloads decreased, cannibis and cocaine use increased (they put these statistical changes down to more candour from interviewees who were less inclined to hide their use).

Consumption and possession is still illegal but consumers are now regarded as patients and not criminals. So the main change is that jail time is no longer a threat to users and it has been replaced by a system that tries to help people to get away from drugs, not put them in a prison environment where they train for other crimes and have even more risky drug taking opportunities.
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I think what should be happening is offering drug-addicts rehab, and criminalizing drug-dealers, especially the ones distributing harder, more dangerous drugs.
:iconeman333:
Eman333 Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional Photographer
No, we don't need more drug cartels, gangs and theft.
(1 Reply)
So you agree with the stance taken in Portugal? That is exactly what is happening there.
:iconsaidryian:
Saidryian Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I see what you did there.
What did I do, in your words?
:iconunvalanced:
Unvalanced Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Muckrat flimflam perdoo.
Add a Comment: