Details

Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 156

Disaster for the Democrats

:icontbschemer:
~meanus already tried to get this point across here [link], but I'd like to try it again with some different wording in the hopes of promoting discussion.

The Democrats won big last week. That's undeniable. Obama won reelection and congressional control didn't change one bit, preserving the 2011-2012 governmental situation for at least another 2 years. The Republicans who remain in power may now be more willing to surrender to Obama's visions for the future in order to save their own jobs.

But now the Democrats have to govern. They have to try and implement all of the pie-in-the-sky goals that they passed in the last term, but delayed until after the election. They have to hope their legislative monsters don't function as poorly as they were written. The Democrats will now be the ones in charge when the Obama Recession hits, leaving them without any scapegoat. The more they trumpet their victory in this election, the more it will be seen as their fault when things don't go the way they promised.

If you have faith that Obama's policies will work, and won't crash the economy, and will get the jobs market growing again, then you have nothing to worry about. But if it doesn't go the way you hoped, you will have nobody to blame but yourself.

America had a clear choice in this election, and the majority of voters made a fully informed choice to accept the Democrats' governing philosophy. Now, we can be certain that whatever happens in this country over the next 4 years, feast or famine, comes directly or indirectly as a result of that decision. In other words, get it right, and you'll have your emerging Democratic majority. Get it wrong, and your philosophy will be tarnished forever.

Are you ready for this? And for the people celebrating this election, do you feel lucky, punk?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconagburanar:
So edgy! Anyway, as long as Republicans continue their petty obstructionism, the Democrats have someone to blame for every policy that fails. And from the looks of this last election, Americans seem to buy it.
Obama is entirely incapable of working across the aisle and making compromises. This should be obvious to anyone with a brain by now.
:iconsnuffles11:
snuffles11 Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Says TBSchemer.

...with a straight face? Wow.
Hey, I'm not running for office, nor serving as an elected representative of the people. If I had that sort of power, I most certainly would be making efforts to reach across the aisle to accomplish whatever mutual goals are possible.

However, Obama doesn't want mutual goals. He holds every mutual goal hostage as bargaining chips to try to force through his own goals that the other side cannot reasonably accept. He's not looking for compromise. He's just trying to conquer everyone around him and force them to acknowledge his greatness, like a wannabe-emperor.
:iconsnuffles11:
snuffles11 Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Because Republicans really emulate Henry Clay. :iconeyerollplz:
Look at the new thread I just posted, and ask yourself whether Obama would actually accept that plan. I'd bet he wouldn't, because it would mean real compromise: [link]
:iconbolainmarsh6:
just a warmup for the messiah..maybe he will be taken up to his
throne?? ...if so thank you Jesus!

demoncrat writes:

This is a sign from God that evil people are arriving to Denver. People
that give the homeless haircuts only while they are here to make them
look better to the dubious media arriving...

Glad to hear that no one was injured...

Bob

DAVIB writes:

Sorry folks, that was not a tornado, that was Hillary and Nancy flying
in on their brooms.......
:iconpairing-nazi:
Pairing-Nazi Nov 14, 2012  Student General Artist
Why do you hate him so much? Is its because he has a name that sounds Muslim? Or because he's Black?

You racist prick.
So, the fact that I find is anti-liberty agenda repulsive somehow makes me racist? It's just because I'm white, isn't it? Go eat a bullet you racist fucktard.
:iconagburanar:
>Claiming moral superiority while telling people to kill themselves
Add a Comment: