Allen West refuses to admit defeat

[link]

Conservative firebrand Rep. Allen B. West (R-Fla.) appears to have lost his reelection bid, with final vote totals in the state’s new 18th Congressional District showing him trailing by more than 2,000 votes.

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Democrat Patrick Murphy leads West by 2,442 votes — 50.4 percent to 49.6 percent. That is outside the margin (0.5 percent) for a computer recount.

The Associated Press, however, has not called the race, and West is vowing to continue fighting.

“We’re simply not going to just walk away from the race until we see that the numbers add up,” West campaign manager Tim Edson told AP.

West’s campaign has raised questions about how ballots were cast in St. Lucie County, which Murphy won. Edson told AP that the campaign wants to see documentation and is prepared to sue if the numbers don’t add up or if documentation isn’t provided.

At this point, West’s only recourse will be in the courts. But a Florida judge on Friday denied his request to impound ballots and voting machines.

Murphy declared victory early Wednesday morning and has been moving forward as if he will replace West.

Personally, I'm glad that this guy got defeated and that the voters made the right choice. Not only did this guy contributed heavily to the gridlock in congress that nearly drove America to the abyss last year, but he keeps labelling people who are moderates and liberals as card carrying marxists and other such inflammatory remarks that just makes him an embarrassment for the state of Florida.

But that is my opinion, your thoughts?
Comments25
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
He just conceded

Now, if he was an honorable man (*snort* we know he isnt given what got him kicked out of the Army), he would have done that WEEKS ago
An update, courtesy of my local news: [link]

Allen West's attempts have backfired; Murphy is even further ahead than he was before the recounts.
Anyone remember when Allen West claimed he had super secret security clearances that even the President didn't have? That guy is hilarious.
if they actually get to put bums on seats in congress it will be an interesting situation if they both try to sit at the same time.

I had to laugh when I WIKI'd him. Already the WIKI page states "Allen Bernard West is the outgoing U.S. Representative for Florida's 22nd congressional district."
you sound like one of them communists.
Well if looking at the numbers makes me a commie, then I'll admit I'm bleeding red~
Normally I would say that any candidate demanding to see all votes counted before conceding, especially in tight race- I see where this nutjob has given himself an opening that will allow himself to claim victory no matter what those results are- in this part of the statement:
"Edson told AP that the campaign wants to see documentation and is prepared to sue if the numbers don't add up or if documentation isn't provided."

So what's this "documentation"? He's not entitled to any documentation. Ballots are the only documentation provided. The local election board cannot legally procure any documentation outside of that to ANYONE. So, knowing that, this freak and his campaign run by a violent motoryycle gang can claim they never got these "documents" and therefore they don't need to concede.
In a way, the same goes for this "numbers don't add up". What's that mean? The percentage should add up to 100% of all votes counted. But I think he means the numbers of ballots adding up- adding up to what? Is the number of votes cast predetermined? Again, it's a demand for information that does not mathematically exist in the world.

But it doesn't really matter what this idiot says, or his gangster backers. If Murphy leads when 100% of the ballots are verified, then he is the winner. No matter how close it is, even if by one single vote- he wins. And he gets seated in January in the US House. And Allen West and his mass murderer buddies can go bye bye! :bye:
The guy is a nutjob fascist prick whose lawsuit needs to be thrown out of court.

He lost; he could be an adult and concede, but because its him he's going to waste EVERYONE's time.

He does not deserve to be a leader. He shouldn't be trusted to act rational given the actions that got him kicked out of the military!

Allen West, will you please go home?!
What ever happened to politicians losing with grace and dignity??? This just makes him look immature and petty.
I think that died with the hanging chads of 2000.
He's a Tea Partier...and he's Allen West. 'nuff said
:disbelief:

This is so damned pathetic.
My description or my response
Description. Why must people feel they have to carry on like this???
Easy, they're insane, they're powerhungry, and theyre obnoxious pieces of bull excrement.

Plus he's one of those ex-military fucks who cant adjust to civilian life and thinks military>civilians. He should have been courtmartialed!
...That's my district. :facepalm:

You lost, West. Let it go.
Really? You lucky dawg ;3
If he drags this out, then he'll look like an ass when it turns out that he really did lose. Well, more of an ass than he looks now.

This is like Karl Rove all over again, this is just delicious.
I like how Rove said Obama suppressed the vote with negative ads.
When has Rove ever sponsored a positive ad about an opponent...........
Obviously the voters agreed with you.
He should accept defeat gracefully. There are a lot of options available for him in his life. He needs to let this go right now, well, like yesterday really.
He sounds like a guy stuck living in another generation. You lose, you lose. Threats, threats, threats all around. :unimpressed:
West is out and Grayson's back in...

Floridiots no longer?