Statistics

Replies: 32

WTF Just happen?

:iconpoopgoblyn:
Poopgoblyn Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
This is almost sci-fi like.

[link]

Reuters reporting:

"More than two months after the Sept. 11 attack on the American compound in Benghazi, Libya, key congressional committees will hear next week from CIA Director David Petraeus and Director of National Intelligence James Clapper about the assault, according to sources.

The Intelligence Committees of the Senate and House of Representatives will get testimony from those officials and others at a pair of hearings next Thursday. Both sessions will take place behind closed doors, reports The Ticket."

Key Event: CIA Director David Patraeus is to testify next week over Benghazi.

[link]

"CIA Director David Petraeus resigned Friday, citing an extramarital affair and "extremely poor judgment."

As first reported by NBC News, Petraeus disclosed the affair in a letter released to the CIA work force on Friday afternoon, writing: "Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours.""

Key Event: CIA Director David Patraeus resigns due to extra-marital affairs after 37 years of marriage.

[link]

"Following Petraeusís announcement, a spokeswoman for the committee said that the hearing is expected to proceed as scheduled, though the CIA directorís immediate resignation will likely change the witness list. Itís not immediately clear if the CIA will send a replacement witness to testify, though CIA Deputy Director Mike Morell, now acting director is reportedly in line for Petraeusís position."

Key Event: CIA Director David Patraeus is most likely NOT going to testify due to this resignation.

And this is ALL today.

I know I am already cynical about government and politicians in general, but seriously, this smells of a cover up.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Can tell you're a conservative retard. Just because he resigns doesn't mean he won't be compelled to testify. This isn't a Tom Clancy novel.
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
"
I know I am already cynical about government and politicians in general, but seriously, this smells of a cover up.
"

I was thinking this, what other politicians resign over maritial issues. If this was the norm, Newt Gingrich would have retired a long time ago.
:iconisolitude:
ISolitude Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
What's actually happening is the government is cooperating with alien forces who want to colonize our planet, sort of planning our own doom. They are making a race of alien-human hybrids which will be a slave race for the coming aliens while humans are wiped out. At least, that's what the aliens think.

What we're really doing is stalling for time while we come up with a cure for this mysterious black oil virus.
Poopgoblyn Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
:iconlolwutplz:
:iconisolitude:
ISolitude Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Reference to an old TV show
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
It is not a conspiracy theory anymore if it is true. It is a conspiracy FACT. Lots of things about the CIA that started as conspiracies proved to be true. Look up operation paper clip. The CIA is not what it claims to be. If you fully understand that then you might gain more insight into what is going on.
:iconouroboroscobra:
OuroborosCobra Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
What is so secret or conspiracy about Operation Paper Clip? Also what does the CIA have to do with an OSS operation that occurred before the CIA existed?
:iconabcat:
AbCat Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012   Writer
I'd be more shocked if the CIA was totally clean and had nothing to hide.
Poopgoblyn Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
True that.
:icontbschemer:
TBSchemer Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
I saw that today too, and instantly wondered why somebody as strong-willed as Petraeus would let himself be silenced by the Obama administration. What do they really have on him?
I don't think they have anything on him. I truly think he has something on the Benghazi attack, and that he isn't going to testify to hide what that is.
They have his mistress. Something he can't have as a liability foreign agents could hold over his head.

Congress can still subpoena him.
His mistress. Something he can't have as a liability foreign agents could hold over his head.
:iconscottahemi:
ScottaHemi Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
OH SNAP!

but really though being the witness matters not if he's still on the job or off. why would that matter???
I don't know.
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Perhaps it does smell. On the other hand, it's also not implausible. We'll see how the testimony goes, and whether it looks like a stonewall.
What is not implausible?
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
That it happened as they said for the reasons given. He wouldn't be the first top brass who couldn't keep it zipped.
:iconcouchycreature:
CouchyCreature Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
it is very strange and does smell a bit. Reads like David Patraeus outed himself because someone threatened to discredit him if he gave evidence. He has killed 2 birds with one stone if he doesn't have to give evidence anymore because he is no longer head of the CIA
:iconshidaku:
Shidaku Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Leader of the CIA, if everyone in the organization didn't already know he was having an affair, that's more concerning to me.
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It would really switch things up if HE was the one who didn't know.
:iconskulkey:
skulkey Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
well, as long as one of his subordinates was on top of it and brought it to his attention.
:icontacosteev:
tacosteev Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist
If one of his subordinates was on top I am pretty sure he knew...:eyes:
:iconsvenler:
Svenler Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Photographer
It would certainly be strange to not have someone testify on the basis of an extramarital affair and the ensuing resignation, since neither of those should have any impact on his knowledge of the events.
:iconsnuffles11:
snuffles11 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah. This.
I agree. And someone who's apparently one of the key-witnesses. There's been some seriously fishy things going on with this Benghazi thing, and it's so hard to want to give into the conspiracy theory crowd, but seriously, this doesn't really help the government's defense at all.
:iconzeruch:
zeruch Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
There's been some seriously fishy things going on with this Benghazi thing

No, there hasn't. There has been a lot of churned up conspiratorial nonsense, but that's about it.
Then why is there SO much blatant cover up like activity going on? That's what I don't understand. TO me, it doesn't seem like a big deal, so why the lies? Why blame it on a video that had nothing to do with the incident, why mislead the American people, and still, after even exposed that you weren't being truthful?
zeruch Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
Then why is there SO much blatant cover up like activity going on?

There isn't. People like you WANT one so badly you are more than happy to construct one out of ether.

Here is a more measured set of responses, just try to take it all in: [link]
[link] these are far from the only ones in this tone, but these are short and digestible by people who are otherwise frothing at the mouth and empty at the rhetoric.
Poopgoblyn Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Oh please.
I don't "want" anything. To me, the whole Benghazi thing is a no brainer. To me, it seems like it was a massive screw up in communications, and a mess up on the administrations behalf. It's an easy thing to explain "We are running a multi billion dollar, thousand of men and women operation here, and there is bound to be one or two screw ups, this is one of them" But from day one, there was nothing but blatant lies being told, over and over, and more and more of the administration's fuckup is coming to light. What bothers me is why is this administration handling this so poorly. Why?

If I, and I assume tons of other Americans would be completely satisfied with a truthful admonition of just administrative failure, and mistakes. I assume tons of Americans would then bury the issue and forget about it. But no, every single time they are told things that just stink of high heaven of something fishy going on. And over and over, it comes to light that what we were originally told wasn't the truth, and the government knew that it wasn't the truth. Now it starts seeming like another blatant attempt at covering "something" up. What is that "something"?
zeruch Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional General Artist
I still am hearing a lot of posturing and indignation, and not a damn thing that explains why this is all of a sudden so interesting, when the last decade has produced a litany of similar events (or larger) with nary a fraction of what conservatives and so-called conservatives are generating.

All light, little heat.
:iconjeysie:
Jeysie Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It's because it's only bad when liberals are in charge, but OK when conservatives are in charge. Duh, it should be obvious; we've been blaming the Democrats for everything as a country for decades now.
Add a Comment: