Social Media Trend - Tax Cuts Expiration.

I was using Twitter to debate and such when I noticed "Let the Tax Cuts Expire was rending. What is your opinion on the subject? Do we let them expire, do we let only certain incomes expire and continue others? What and why?

Personally, I believe you should extend all or let all expire. That way, not only is it fair, but we do not have drastic changes in incomes that may shift into new brackets.

Best Regards,
Tristan Cody.
Comments76
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
well the people voted for them. let them have their tax increases.

i just hope this proves as a viable learning tool for the future generations.
Hmm, let them expire so dear leader and his bozos have one less excuse for when things go bad. We're beyond the point of using logic and facts to teach them, so let 'em learn the hard way.
Take out the current administration from this and then what do you think? Extend, expire, compromise?
Tax cuts don't mean much unless spending goes down, which I don't see happening to a necessary degree under any administration. So my answer would probably be the same; people haven't gotten it through their thick skulls that the problem is our runaway spending, so take away the eternal excuse and let them see what happens.
I can agree with you upon the idea of runaway spending. It is an issue that must be dealt with. :handshake:
What is your opinion on the subject?

We already created an unstable enviroment barely benefits everyone.

Do we let them expire, do we let only certain incomes expire and continue others? What and why?

I think expire on the rich and extend on the middle and poor. Why? Because the ones getting hit the most are the middle class and poor.
Same as President Obama, very nice.
Both Presidents kept on with it in hopes of jobs. It didn't work so well.
The thing now is how jobs will be kept.
SO many variables to that question. That is why, in my opinion, it is a good question.
In a way, we first ask the questions then go into the question to find the answer.
View all replies
I apologize for the errors made on this thread. Early morning drowsiness.
That when you drink coffee for that.
"Do we let them expire, do we let only certain incomes expire and continue others? What and why?"

sure why not, we are trillions in debt, how can't we talk about cutting taxes.

"Personally, I believe you should extend all or let all expire. That way, not only is it fair, but we do not have drastic changes in incomes that may shift into new brackets. "

I think you don't understand how the bracket system works.

Raising taxes on the top bracket.

That said, I think its kinda worthless increasing income taxes. I think we need to match capital gains tax to the same level as income tax. If your talking about rasing wage taxes, your not talking about increasing taxes for the upper class. Peroid.
Not to mention, the lion's share of income and wealth are concentrated within the top 1% income group. Taxation should target wherever the money and power are concentrated at.
"Not to mention, the lion's share of income and wealth are concentrated within the top 1% income group"

and that income is not made from working, and certainly not gained from wage tax. Its gained from capital gains. The money you make by not working, but exploiting other people's work.

If anything, mabey wage taxes in general are too high.

Why does someone making $70k a year pay a higher rate than someone who makes $70m a year. Especially if that $70k comes from a professional career or skilled labor.

But let me make my position clear. This is not about how much you make, this is about how you make it. The top %1 do not earn their money by working. They earn their money by owning stock, and other financial instruments, and do not directly contribute to the economy, the money they "earn" is really taken from the people who do work.

The thing is, everyone keeps talking about "tax the rich", capital gains taxes rarely get talked about, instead we here about raising wage tax taking aim at the upper half of the middle class. This needs to stop.

The only solution is to raise taxes on capital gains. At very least they should be the same as wage tax, with the same brackets.
Raise taxes on capital gains ...... I have been thinking about that for quite a while.

By the way, I am quite aware of the fact that wages and salaries do not constitute the bulk of the income of the hyper-wealthy.
Actually, when you quoted me, I realized I was missing a whole sentence. . . My apologies.

I do, to my best, know the bracket system (I have studied and spoke on reform before). What I said here was an unintentional mistake where my mind outraced my fingers this morning.
fair game, apology accepted, and returned in kind.
Let them expire for the upper class. Keep them for the middle and lower income brackets.