Help for Republicans

Dear Republicans,

Wouldn't it nice to be sane again, and get back to being a political party instead of a collection of raving lunatics?

For example, you could remember that the question of whether or not Darwin is correct is a scientific, not a political, one.

Give me other examples of nutty viewpoints that the Republicans should realize don't belong in party politics and should drop.
Comments98
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I don't think this is just a republican problem, I'm pretty sure all the parties are guilty of hosting some lunatics.
I think a better question we could ask is "What can we do to fix ALL of our Government?".

Because this is a serious issue, I ask everyone take a serious, HONEST look at the party they throw their support behind. Every politician, on every side, is corrupt to the core. Forget about Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative for a second and view the situation as it really is: the populace on one side, the political powers on the other. In light of this, my suggestion is "term limits"; impose a maximum 2 year term limit on EVERY political office in the land. Once elected, you are disqualified from ever running for that office again. Campaign expenditure limits of say... an even 1 million, with the exception of the POTUS, we'll make it a nice 100 million. All financial transactions, both public and personal, are open to public scrutiny during term.

It's not perfect, but it would fix alot of whats going on. The founders of this country never meant for politicians to become Kings, Queens, Dukes and Earls, but for common people to serve for a short period and then go the fuck home. Out of duty, not greed.
Why would republicans be sane???? If you want to understand them, follow the money.....
Obamacare???? If you have to buy health insurance as an individual, expect $300 or more a month.... If you have a job with a company of 200+ employees, it's $100 a month..... With a company that has 2000 employees, it's $50 a month..... With a pool of millions, well, you do the math!!!! The greedy would rather suck $300 out of your pocket each month than the pittance they would get from, well, follow the money.....
Green energy????? Big money in oil.....follow the money!!!!
Cut planned parenthood???? Big money in prenatal care, hospitals, products after birth, AIDs medicines (from lack of free testing and protection)....follow the money!!!!
Deregulate banks, oil companies and wall street....follow the money!!!!
Let detroit go bankrupt???? Romney made millions even when it got bailed out(through his corrupt actions)!!!! ....follow the money!!!!
Cancer, diabetes, AIDS, the common cold cures......follow the money!!!!
Airbags were invented over 30 years ago, but were supressed by seatbelt manufacturers.... Now we have both.... Follow the money!!!!
Privatize schools, FEMA, police, firefighters, infrastructure....follow the money!!!!
If you want to know why something that you know SHOULD happen, but hasn't....follow the money!!!!!
When anyone has interests and investments into ANYTHING and is in politics.....follow the money!!!!!

GET MY POINT??????
So, are you saying I should follow the money?
To get inside their heads and understand why they choose to stand on a particular issue then, YES!!!!

For example, ask yourself what is wrong with same sex marriage??? To most people it is seen as a freedom... To the republicans it's seen as a tax deduction, ergo less money for them..... Every single issue they have on the table is about money in one way or another, not about the good of the people as a whole.... Greed is the root of evil and it is their staple diet.... It's like a poker game with one side rich, and the other poor with a mirror behind them.... Having a government that protects the welfare of it's people is like having a curtain over the mirror, otherwise they will always clean off the poor side of the table.....
I urge liberals to NOT explain what the conservatives are doing wrong. If the conservatives want to blame Sandy, the republican primary, incumbency, not attacking Obama enough, liberal voting fraud, voter suppression, and the liberal media (I watch fox news, I like knowing what conservatives are thinking) then please continue to do so, see how much that helps you in 2 years.
Conservatives are not Republicans. Know the difference.
No one cares, you have nothing better to do than trolls the forums correcting peoples' syntax? Get a life dude
Lololol, don't get pissy with me because you don't know the difference, kid.
lol yeah I'm the loser. Not the person who attacked someone on the internet for no reason. Okay, kiddo. Whatever you say.
I don't know about republican why they are facing problem, and matt roomney is a heck of a guy.
Safe driving school
You are so right!
That we live in the 21:th century and not in the 19:th?
I fucking can't save them though my solution would be as soon as someone is caught saying something stupid like "women rarely if ever get pregnant from rape" they kick the person out and they keep doing this until only the people still with some comprehension of reality are left in the party. Because as I keep saying the republican are right wing anymore, they're just money grubbing nutballs that try to hard to be the anti-democrats.
As a conservative here is my take on a few issues the Republican party needs to come to terms with:

• What is up with the Hispanic immigration issue? Anyone that knows the situation should understand the people coming into this country are doing so because their country is wrecked. Wrecked by corruption, terrible economics, widespread murder and terror in the streets. Let me ask, if cartel members ran rampant on your streets, if their was no jobs available, no way to eat or feed your loved ones, if your children saw the only way to 'succeed' in life was to join up with the powerful gangs that controlled the police, wouldn't you FLEE to the prosperous country next door to survive? It's that simple. These PEOPLE aren't screwed up, our immigration policy is. It's obvious. So my question is, do republicans just hate brown people? Or could they PLEASE think about the situation and embrace a culture of PEOPLE that hold very similar values that the Republican party claims to hold dear.

• Why, in the name of all that is holy and good, does the Republican party believe on one hand that criminals will just ignore any new gun laws, so we need to protect the freedoms of gun owners by limiting those laws, but feel the inherent need to put in place laws restricting marriage and things like abortion? This is The United States of America, and while I personally believe in pro-life, all people SHOULD BE FREE TO DO AS THEY PLEASE. Now, having said that, if you don't like abortion, change the culture, not the law. Encourage adoptions. Give tax breaks to women and families involved in adoption (my son is adopted). Start at the level where change really matters, the family, not the courts and Congress.

• Can someone please explain to the American public that our debt will DESTROY not only this nation, but the civilized world as we know it in a straightforward clear manner that is honest? This is critical, it's the most basic of economics that repeats itself time and again. Only when it happens to the USA as the currency standard of most of the world it will be devastating.

• Evolution. Leave it alone. If you can't see that science, which is little more than mans observation of the structured laws of nature that a higher power has put into place for a working universe, then leave this subject alone. The facts are against you. To disavow the principles that hold up evolution (which we can repeatedly observe happening) is to disavow the same scientific principles that do things like, oh I don't know... make your car run, let you turn on the electric lights in your home and yes, even take a hot bath. If you don't get that, don't discuss it.

• Green energy. Do it. Explain to the voting populace that yes, we NEED oil. 100% of everything that makes our way of life happen is based on oil. That computer? Oil. The chair you sit in? Oil. Your clothing? Oil. EVERY THING. We are a fully oil based society. Guess what? It's a limited resource. It WILL run out. So Republicans MUST push EVERY DAMN ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCE THEY CAN to run right beside oil. This isn't about climate change, this isn't about some global carbon credit conspiracy, this is about preserving our way of life for the next 50-100 years. This is to help lessen the wars that WILL occur over oil that are coming that involve your children and grandchildren. And it's simply the smart thing to do.

• Government corruption. One, if not both, parties need to take an immediate stand against corruption. Lobbyists, Unions, and large political influence groups (like Crossroads America, AARP and the NAACP) need to be booted out of DC. Stop the kickbacks, stop the political favors. Get back to how the system was designed and stop pandering through legislation (Democrats are VERY guilty of this, but both parties do it).

• Crony Capitalists. Capitalism is the best economic system ever designed by humanity to run the monetary exchange between peoples to help advance and enrich every members life. Crony capitalism has spread like a virus within our system, corrupting the core of how our economy runs. It will kill our country, stop rewarding it and pass laws to seriously punish those that participate in it.

• REPEAL section 1021 & 1022 of The national Defense Authorization Act for 2012 and STOP the monitoring of US citizens (this includes everyone reading this) under the 2011 Analyst's Desktop Binder from Homeland Security. These two items make every single US citizen eligible to be detained without miranda or legal representation. This was brought forth by Bush AND Obama, backed by both parties. Google this if you have no idea what I'm talking about, it gives the government the right to jail you for an unlimited amount of time based on suspected terrorism. But you're not a terrorist? Have you ever written an email or text message with any of the following terms?
Exercise, Police, Threat, Crash, Riot, Facility, Leak, Gas, Cloud, Flu, Wave, Sick, Pork, Electric, Port, Smart, Power, Grid, Bust, Drug, San Diego, Mexico, Pirates, Plot, Ice, Help, China, Watch, hail, Snow, Blizzard, Storm... and so many, many more.
If you have, you ARE a suspected terrorist and there is a high probability your email, texts and or phone conversations have been stored at the NSA's monitoring facilities. Currently they have over 28 trillion such exchanges from US citizens on record. Enjoy thinking about that tonight as you go to bed.

• And finally, fix healthcare. It is a serious problem, and 'ObamaCare' doesn't fix it. At all. But damn it, be compassionate and show you really care about human beings. They need access to real healthcare at realistic prices.
You're a male and a American. Why are you not running for presidency?
Thank you so much. It's refreshing to see a conservative who can clearly lay out what his problems are and back them up. And as one myself, I agree completely that there is a lot wrong with the Republican party.
"Can someone please explain to the American public that our debt will DESTROY not only this nation, but the civilized world as we know it in a straightforward clear manner that is honest?"

Because the honest answer is that it will not, based on an understanding of how government debt works, how the US debt works specifically, and what investment is needed to repair and grow the nation. Balancing the budget by force without reducing costs from the bottom up and/or making deep spending cuts without reducing the need for the spending first are what will destroy our economy.

...the rest of your post I have no major disagreements with, though, at least not enough to want to argue about them.
Great post. You should get actively involved if you're not already.

It seems to me that too many Republicans think they can oppose what they don't want to happen by taking the most extreme opposite viewpoint possible. Perhaps they imagine that that forces the opposition to meet them halfway and by taking an extreme viewpoint they move the halfway position closer to what they want. But instead they would appeal to more voters by presenting a viewpoint that is accurate, well thought out and logical.
OMG, you make sense. If only more Republican's were like you they might actually have a chance in the US.
Fixing health care is the same as fixing taxes and immigration. You have to burn down the old house and build a new one. The constant patching and adding new rules isn't working.
That will never happen because Red and Blue are too fucking stupid and indebted to special interests to do the right thing.