November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 97

Help for Republicans

:iconladiespet:
ladiespet Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Dear Republicans,

Wouldn't it nice to be sane again, and get back to being a political party instead of a collection of raving lunatics?

For example, you could remember that the question of whether or not Darwin is correct is a scientific, not a political, one.

Give me other examples of nutty viewpoints that the Republicans should realize don't belong in party politics and should drop.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhatchedfromtree:
HatchedFromTree Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I don't think this is just a republican problem, I'm pretty sure all the parties are guilty of hosting some lunatics.
:icondeadz0mbie:
deadz0mbie Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I think a better question we could ask is "What can we do to fix ALL of our Government?".

Because this is a serious issue, I ask everyone take a serious, HONEST look at the party they throw their support behind. Every politician, on every side, is corrupt to the core. Forget about Republican or Democrat, Liberal or Conservative for a second and view the situation as it really is: the populace on one side, the political powers on the other. In light of this, my suggestion is "term limits"; impose a maximum 2 year term limit on EVERY political office in the land. Once elected, you are disqualified from ever running for that office again. Campaign expenditure limits of say... an even 1 million, with the exception of the POTUS, we'll make it a nice 100 million. All financial transactions, both public and personal, are open to public scrutiny during term.

It's not perfect, but it would fix alot of whats going on. The founders of this country never meant for politicians to become Kings, Queens, Dukes and Earls, but for common people to serve for a short period and then go the fuck home. Out of duty, not greed.
:iconm2e-xzotic:
M2e-Xzotic Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why would republicans be sane???? If you want to understand them, follow the money.....
Obamacare???? If you have to buy health insurance as an individual, expect $300 or more a month.... If you have a job with a company of 200+ employees, it's $100 a month..... With a company that has 2000 employees, it's $50 a month..... With a pool of millions, well, you do the math!!!! The greedy would rather suck $300 out of your pocket each month than the pittance they would get from, well, follow the money.....
Green energy????? Big money in oil.....follow the money!!!!
Cut planned parenthood???? Big money in prenatal care, hospitals, products after birth, AIDs medicines (from lack of free testing and protection)....follow the money!!!!
Deregulate banks, oil companies and wall street....follow the money!!!!
Let detroit go bankrupt???? Romney made millions even when it got bailed out(through his corrupt actions)!!!! ....follow the money!!!!
Cancer, diabetes, AIDS, the common cold cures......follow the money!!!!
Airbags were invented over 30 years ago, but were supressed by seatbelt manufacturers.... Now we have both.... Follow the money!!!!
Privatize schools, FEMA, police, firefighters, infrastructure....follow the money!!!!
If you want to know why something that you know SHOULD happen, but hasn't....follow the money!!!!!
When anyone has interests and investments into ANYTHING and is in politics.....follow the money!!!!!

GET MY POINT??????
ladiespet Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
So, are you saying I should follow the money?
:iconm2e-xzotic:
M2e-Xzotic Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
To get inside their heads and understand why they choose to stand on a particular issue then, YES!!!!

For example, ask yourself what is wrong with same sex marriage??? To most people it is seen as a freedom... To the republicans it's seen as a tax deduction, ergo less money for them..... Every single issue they have on the table is about money in one way or another, not about the good of the people as a whole.... Greed is the root of evil and it is their staple diet.... It's like a poker game with one side rich, and the other poor with a mirror behind them.... Having a government that protects the welfare of it's people is like having a curtain over the mirror, otherwise they will always clean off the poor side of the table.....
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I urge liberals to NOT explain what the conservatives are doing wrong. If the conservatives want to blame Sandy, the republican primary, incumbency, not attacking Obama enough, liberal voting fraud, voter suppression, and the liberal media (I watch fox news, I like knowing what conservatives are thinking) then please continue to do so, see how much that helps you in 2 years.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
Conservatives are not Republicans. Know the difference.
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
No one cares, you have nothing better to do than trolls the forums correcting peoples' syntax? Get a life dude
Lololol, don't get pissy with me because you don't know the difference, kid.
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
ok loser
lol yeah I'm the loser. Not the person who attacked someone on the internet for no reason. Okay, kiddo. Whatever you say.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Texas. :facepalm:
:iconhowarddrive:
howarddrive Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I don't know about republican why they are facing problem, and matt roomney is a heck of a guy.
Safe driving school
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Also: Religion. :iconthreadplz:
:iconsalem10:
salem10 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
You are so right!
:icondewolfie:
DeWolfie Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That we live in the 21:th century and not in the 19:th?
:icongalacticgoat:
GalacticGoat Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I fucking can't save them though my solution would be as soon as someone is caught saying something stupid like "women rarely if ever get pregnant from rape" they kick the person out and they keep doing this until only the people still with some comprehension of reality are left in the party. Because as I keep saying the republican are right wing anymore, they're just money grubbing nutballs that try to hard to be the anti-democrats.
:icondeadz0mbie:
deadz0mbie Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
As a conservative here is my take on a few issues the Republican party needs to come to terms with:

• What is up with the Hispanic immigration issue? Anyone that knows the situation should understand the people coming into this country are doing so because their country is wrecked. Wrecked by corruption, terrible economics, widespread murder and terror in the streets. Let me ask, if cartel members ran rampant on your streets, if their was no jobs available, no way to eat or feed your loved ones, if your children saw the only way to 'succeed' in life was to join up with the powerful gangs that controlled the police, wouldn't you FLEE to the prosperous country next door to survive? It's that simple. These PEOPLE aren't screwed up, our immigration policy is. It's obvious. So my question is, do republicans just hate brown people? Or could they PLEASE think about the situation and embrace a culture of PEOPLE that hold very similar values that the Republican party claims to hold dear.

• Why, in the name of all that is holy and good, does the Republican party believe on one hand that criminals will just ignore any new gun laws, so we need to protect the freedoms of gun owners by limiting those laws, but feel the inherent need to put in place laws restricting marriage and things like abortion? This is The United States of America, and while I personally believe in pro-life, all people SHOULD BE FREE TO DO AS THEY PLEASE. Now, having said that, if you don't like abortion, change the culture, not the law. Encourage adoptions. Give tax breaks to women and families involved in adoption (my son is adopted). Start at the level where change really matters, the family, not the courts and Congress.

• Can someone please explain to the American public that our debt will DESTROY not only this nation, but the civilized world as we know it in a straightforward clear manner that is honest? This is critical, it's the most basic of economics that repeats itself time and again. Only when it happens to the USA as the currency standard of most of the world it will be devastating.

• Evolution. Leave it alone. If you can't see that science, which is little more than mans observation of the structured laws of nature that a higher power has put into place for a working universe, then leave this subject alone. The facts are against you. To disavow the principles that hold up evolution (which we can repeatedly observe happening) is to disavow the same scientific principles that do things like, oh I don't know... make your car run, let you turn on the electric lights in your home and yes, even take a hot bath. If you don't get that, don't discuss it.

• Green energy. Do it. Explain to the voting populace that yes, we NEED oil. 100% of everything that makes our way of life happen is based on oil. That computer? Oil. The chair you sit in? Oil. Your clothing? Oil. EVERY THING. We are a fully oil based society. Guess what? It's a limited resource. It WILL run out. So Republicans MUST push EVERY DAMN ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCE THEY CAN to run right beside oil. This isn't about climate change, this isn't about some global carbon credit conspiracy, this is about preserving our way of life for the next 50-100 years. This is to help lessen the wars that WILL occur over oil that are coming that involve your children and grandchildren. And it's simply the smart thing to do.

• Government corruption. One, if not both, parties need to take an immediate stand against corruption. Lobbyists, Unions, and large political influence groups (like Crossroads America, AARP and the NAACP) need to be booted out of DC. Stop the kickbacks, stop the political favors. Get back to how the system was designed and stop pandering through legislation (Democrats are VERY guilty of this, but both parties do it).

• Crony Capitalists. Capitalism is the best economic system ever designed by humanity to run the monetary exchange between peoples to help advance and enrich every members life. Crony capitalism has spread like a virus within our system, corrupting the core of how our economy runs. It will kill our country, stop rewarding it and pass laws to seriously punish those that participate in it.

• REPEAL section 1021 & 1022 of The national Defense Authorization Act for 2012 and STOP the monitoring of US citizens (this includes everyone reading this) under the 2011 Analyst's Desktop Binder from Homeland Security. These two items make every single US citizen eligible to be detained without miranda or legal representation. This was brought forth by Bush AND Obama, backed by both parties. Google this if you have no idea what I'm talking about, it gives the government the right to jail you for an unlimited amount of time based on suspected terrorism. But you're not a terrorist? Have you ever written an email or text message with any of the following terms?
Exercise, Police, Threat, Crash, Riot, Facility, Leak, Gas, Cloud, Flu, Wave, Sick, Pork, Electric, Port, Smart, Power, Grid, Bust, Drug, San Diego, Mexico, Pirates, Plot, Ice, Help, China, Watch, hail, Snow, Blizzard, Storm... and so many, many more.
If you have, you ARE a suspected terrorist and there is a high probability your email, texts and or phone conversations have been stored at the NSA's monitoring facilities. Currently they have over 28 trillion such exchanges from US citizens on record. Enjoy thinking about that tonight as you go to bed.

• And finally, fix healthcare. It is a serious problem, and 'ObamaCare' doesn't fix it. At all. But damn it, be compassionate and show you really care about human beings. They need access to real healthcare at realistic prices.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
You're a male and a American. Why are you not running for presidency?
:iconxanedil:
Xanedil Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Thank you so much. It's refreshing to see a conservative who can clearly lay out what his problems are and back them up. And as one myself, I agree completely that there is a lot wrong with the Republican party.
:iconjeysie:
Jeysie Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
"Can someone please explain to the American public that our debt will DESTROY not only this nation, but the civilized world as we know it in a straightforward clear manner that is honest?"

Because the honest answer is that it will not, based on an understanding of how government debt works, how the US debt works specifically, and what investment is needed to repair and grow the nation. Balancing the budget by force without reducing costs from the bottom up and/or making deep spending cuts without reducing the need for the spending first are what will destroy our economy.

...the rest of your post I have no major disagreements with, though, at least not enough to want to argue about them.
ladiespet Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Great post. You should get actively involved if you're not already.

It seems to me that too many Republicans think they can oppose what they don't want to happen by taking the most extreme opposite viewpoint possible. Perhaps they imagine that that forces the opposition to meet them halfway and by taking an extreme viewpoint they move the halfway position closer to what they want. But instead they would appeal to more voters by presenting a viewpoint that is accurate, well thought out and logical.
:iconcruorvylkas:
cruorvylkas Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
OMG, you make sense. If only more Republican's were like you they might actually have a chance in the US.
:iconebolabears:
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Fixing health care is the same as fixing taxes and immigration. You have to burn down the old house and build a new one. The constant patching and adding new rules isn't working.
That will never happen because Red and Blue are too fucking stupid and indebted to special interests to do the right thing.
:iconaurasio:
Aurasio Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Remember Charlie "Fuck ya" Fuqua ?

God, that's the highest possible limit of insanity. For more references to the amount of garbage pushed down our throats by the "God's ambassador" Republicans, check this blog out. It's a part of the Texas GOP.

[link]
:iconhtimsnayr:
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
I remember reading the "We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills, critical thinking skills ... which ... have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs..." when they first released the platform.

Incredibly chilling.
:iconaurasio:
Aurasio Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Reminds me of the middle-age religious brainwashing and absolute control.And to think the US is taking this path...

What's even more chilling is the fact that US is slowly becoming what they were never meant to be. This is everything but the freedom it always represented.

I always found the age-old Evolution vs Creationism debate the most obscene,authoritative, indoctrinating and absurd ever.
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
The Republican Party needs to stop focusing on the craziest sections of their party, and start representing the more moderate conservatives that make up the majority of Americans.
A small portion of its supporters are the uber-rich and the insane* , and that's fine, but it needs to recognize that the majority of its supporters are the small businesses, elderly, and religious poor, and if it focuses on the former groups at the expense of the latter groups, it is gradually going to lose them. *(not to imply that "the insane" is exclusively a Republican group; every party will have its wackos. Republicans just seem to cater to them, rather than begrudgingly accepting their existence and keeping them at a distance.)
Republicans need to stop blocking laws endorsed by the President - even when they would normally agree - out of spite.
Republicans need to stop focusing on issues that every other advanced country in the world has put behind them - like abortion and gay marriage - and start considering issues of prime importance - such as the severe problems with our education system and real solutions to the economic crisis (that don't include "stop all non-military spending and cut taxes for the rich down to near non-existence." I'm talking about an actual, in depth plan - a New New Deal).
The religious nutjobs are the most active members and collect enormous amounts of money for campaigns......
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Unfortunately.

The more moderate Republicans that used to represent the party - who I know still exist, because I see them around the internet from time to time - need to step up their game and retake their party from the crazies.

If they don't, however, we stand to either lose the entire party, with the Libertarians or Greens taking their place (Not a particularly bad outcome. I prefer the Greens, myself), or continue to spiral toward right-authoritarianism, eventually becoming that which we hate most.
EbolaBears Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Moderates lack the backing and funding to 'take back' the party.

Ricky Santorum is proof that stupidity reigns in the right.

They cannot leave to the Greens or Libertarians because then they're 3rd party and that's still a stigma.
HtimsNayr Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Not immediately, of course. I was thinking sort of long-term - Over the span of the next half century or so.

But if the Republican Party neither moderates nor collapses, the third alternative, that they move further right-authoritarian, is a seriously terrifying prospect.
I would be very happy for the Democrats to become the new right, and the Greens stepping in as the new left.

The Libertarians getting in instead would just cause an entirely different kind of nightmare.
:iconborogovelm:
BorogoveLM Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Student General Artist
It seems to me as if Democrats are already centrists; conservatives in Europe become Democrats in America.

Although I disagree with the libertarians, I think they would make a better right than the Republicans. At least the Libertarians try to justify their beliefs; conservatives tend to use the "because the bible told me so" fallacy.
Jeysie Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
They're center-right, though they vacillate at times.

And, I guess I look at it strategically. The Religious Right sucks... but they're also alienating more and more people, so they won't have much of a platform. While the Libertarians are more dangerous precisely because they're just articulate enough to seem respectable, and thus electable.

I remember way back when I actually found Romney more of a danger than the crazies for that same reason. The crazies were more dangerous on the whole but also less likely to get elected. While Romney was still a too-close-for-comfort thing precisely because he was that in between of reasonable enough to be electable yet not reasonable enough to not be harmful.
Heh. I strongly agree. But I think the Libertarians already have a larger base than the Greens, and since all of the libertarians and objectivists of the Republican Party (For example, Ron Paul and Paul Ryan, along with their supporters) will certainly move there there if the Republican Party collapses, it is far more likely that the Libertarians would step in for the Republican Party than the Greens.
Yeah, and that worries me, since Libertarian economic policy is even shittier and more destructive than Republican economic policy, but also something the country is more likely to be dumb enough to fall for.

I just want this country to have an actual real left for once. I'd like us to see actual real improvement in quality of life for everyone.
I am something of a democratic socialist, so you could bet that nothing would make me happier than to see an actual American Left.

But when discussing the horrors of the Libertarians, don't forget what may happen if the Republican Party doesn't collapse or moderate. As bad as right-libertarianism is, the third alternative, to continue to move right-authoritarian, is just as bad, or perhaps even worse.

Right-libertarianism is undeniably terrible. Many modern libertarians may forget that we actually had an almost completely free market once; this is often called the Gilded Age. While the economy did achieve rapid growth, we had two major depressions during the period, and quality of life for the working class and poor were worse than they have ever been before or since.

But Right-authoritarianism is an entirely different kind of monster. With its focus on regulating personal lives and expanding the military, its potent combination of nationalism, xenophobia and disdain for education, and its eagerness to impose our will upon the other nations of the world, we run the risk of eventually becoming a strange mixture between theocracy and fascism. And, unfortunately, that, too, appears to appeal to a substantial segment of our population.

Both outcomes are terrifying to be sure, but, at the current rate, it seems we are destined for one or the other in the long run. One can only hope Americans see the dangers in time.
Jeysie Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It's a matter of which is more seductive to the American public.

I feel that right-authoritarianism will invariably implode, because even the die-hard conservatives are going to get tired of it. Women are tired of being considered sluts for wanting normal sex lives and tired of being treated as walking uteruses at the whim of male urges, to the point where Akin went from being the clear winner to losing badly. Hispanics aren't putting up with xenophobia. Blacks are tired of the racism. Young people are in favor of drugs, gay marriage, and other liberal social ideas. The US is never going to let itself get turned into the Western Taliban, this election has thankfully made that clear.

But right-libertarianism is seductive and appealing. It fits nicely into the American Dream myth we still haven't accepted as being a myth, and it's easy to blind working class folks and young people with the idea that they too could get rich if only The Man wasn't keeping them down. Mainly because it's half-true, with the only lie being who is The Man in the equation. Many of Paul's supporters were the blue-class workers so badly hurt by outsourcing and other shenanigans from lack of corporate regulation, yet they were conned into supporting more of what's hurting them.

Hence why Libertarianism scares me more. It's been proven that the authoritarian aspects of the right can't win after all, and if they get more extreme they'll just get more and more dismissed. But I'm not sure the US is yet smart enough to reject Libertarianism without trying it at least once... to the detriment of everyone involved.

I'm really, really, REALLY hoping the liberals in the US will finally get over their damn Perfect Solution Hippie fallacies and band together to support either the Democrats or the Greens once the Republicans make way, so we can crowd out the Libertarians.
(1 Reply)
:icondkalban:
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
agreed
:iconwerehyren:
WereHyren Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
I'd like to point out that the Republican Party is the younger of the two political parties. given that this is a fairly young nation to start off with, they're still kind of getting their bearings. growing pains, of a sort. while it might be hard to think of a 158 year old organization as young, the US is only 224 years old itself. in terms of history, both are still teenagers or even toddlers. the oldest Modern Nation on Earth is 1711 years old. While San Marino might not be the biggest, most advanced, or well known nation, it's still here. point is, by comparison to nations that have been around for many more hundreds of years, the US doesn't really know what it's doing yet.
Bullshit.

This isn't geography and continental shifts. We're not measuring decades as blinks of the eye.

:iconkurtkrueger:
KurtKrueger Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Photographer
One of the Sunday morning talking heads Matthew Doud made the best comment of all. He said, " The Republican party is a "Mad Men" party living in a "Modern Family" society." Perfect. The GOP is a bunch rich white old men and women desperately trying to hold onto the late 50s and early 60s. They're nostalgic for what was - but can never be again. The world has moved on. They haven't. All one has to do was to watch both conventions. The Republican convention was nothing but a sea of white faces and coiffed and sprayed hair. On the other hand, the Democratic convention was a sea of every race, creed, color and sexual orientation. The Republicans just don't "get it".
:iconsavlinmcgregor:
savlinmcgregor Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm always amazed at how piss fucking poor barely middle class folk can vote Republican, then have the nerve to call liberal Democrats morons. Us? Really? We're the morons? You support a party that is and always has been soaked in greed and obsessed capital gain, YOU drive a fucking 1992 Integra, and you think they'll have your best interests in mind? To me, that's the epitome of fucking stupidity.
Ha! Integra:P
:iconcrazyweezil:
CrazyWeezil Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
I personally love the way that they always promise that they'll outlaw abortion for religious reasons. Especially as there was all that fear that the Vatican would be in charge if JFK were elected. And now they can't seem to profess that "God wants me to be President" the fastest. What ever happened to that Founding Fathers' basis of separation of chuch and state? I guess that got dropped.
:icondkalban:
Dkalban Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Abortion
Gay Marriage
Putting Church into State
Putting the ultra rich on a pedestal and spitting on the poor
Fear of Science
Extremism
Refusal to compromise

Etc

Personally I think they all need to be in a padded cell
:iconklaxonlithology:
KlaxonLithology Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Social conservative viewpoints always lose, it's just a matter of time. If they don't get with the program and just focus on the shit that matters in the real, day-to-day running of this country, they're going to fall apart.
:iconhippo-rim-job:
hippo-rim-job Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
The problem is, most Republicans I know would say can't I focus on what matters AND not have to sacrifice my standard of living?

They don't care about the working class.
:iconklaxonlithology:
KlaxonLithology Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Most people vote with their wallets.
Add a Comment: