The US government would save over 40 billion dollars a year if we legalized drugs.

[link]

GD. 40 Billion? We don't even need to tax the shit. That's a net GAIN of 40 billion dollars per year.

Oh, and this is where I got the video from. [link] It was an advertisement.

Honestly, do you need any fucking more reasons?
Comments100
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Youtube is not a valid source of evidence.
Oh. It looks like you don't have a valid source to formulate an argument against me.
You got a better answer for how much we would save?
American banks are the biggest beneficiaries [along with private 'security' contractors] of the American 'War on Drugs'.. How will they take it if a fat chunk of their income is to be wiped out by legalization of drugs??
[link]
I don't care about them.
There are already drugs that are legal
not enough of them though
Oh my god, just imagine how much they'd save if they legalized rape or murder!
Using a drug isn't equivalent to rape or murder. Wtf is you problem?

IT'S A VICTIMLESS CRIME, MORON.
And heroine abuse is a victimless crime. No one with kids has ever done heroine. Ever.
Make it fully legal and you make it perfectly possible to support your addiction. (you could probably buy a months supply of heroin for 50 bucks. That is a drop in the water to all poor people. They get SSI and shit.)
Did I upset you?
not really

what, you want to upset people?

I knew you had a problem
Sorry. The caps and the insults made it seem like you were upset.
Not speaking the truth offends me. You know smoking pot isn't the equivalent to rape and murder. The only thing they have in common is that they are a crime. Pot shouldn't be a crime.
You must hate yourself then. I know I would.
I never said they had anything in common.

I don't think you can blame me for your offense here.
View all replies
better yet, if our government started selling drugs, think of the money the rich politicians could make...of course all those lawyers would lose billion in fees they get defending dope dealers
Screw the 40 billion, think of what it would happen to drug dealers with elaborate smuggling schemes find out people can now go buy and buy drugs from the local pharmacy. Bender: "Well, we're boned!'
The local pharmacy will not stock supplies of narcotics that can kill the user with one dose, or lead to the user committing a crime getting violent and hurting other people. The liability is too high. Get real.
well alcohol can kill with one dose or lead users to committing crimes or hurting people, but that is legal, and the sky isn't falling. what if they restrict other drugs by age like alcohol and keep it away from young kids, make it illegal to supply minor. and you could even take it a step further than alcohol and make it so even when you're an adult limit the amount you're allowed to buy and have at a time.
Yeah, people on drugs have never committed a crime or hurt someone before.
i don't even know what your point is. sober people commit crimes and hurt people. most people on drugs dont hurt anyone or commit any crimes, it's the exception not the rule when that happens.
You said alcohol can lead to people committing crimes as if other drugs haven't lead other people to commit crimes as well.
View all replies