Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 100

The US government would save over 40 billion dollars a year if we legalized drugs.

:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
[link]

GD. 40 Billion? We don't even need to tax the shit. That's a net GAIN of 40 billion dollars per year.

Oh, and this is where I got the video from. [link] It was an advertisement.

Honestly, do you need any fucking more reasons?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmajinsharingan:
majinsharingan Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Youtube is not a valid source of evidence.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
Oh. It looks like you don't have a valid source to formulate an argument against me.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
You got a better answer for how much we would save?
:iconpropstoart:
propstoart Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
American banks are the biggest beneficiaries [along with private 'security' contractors] of the American 'War on Drugs'.. How will they take it if a fat chunk of their income is to be wiped out by legalization of drugs??
[link]
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
I don't care about them.
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
There are already drugs that are legal
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
not enough of them though
:iconisolitude:
ISolitude Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Oh my god, just imagine how much they'd save if they legalized rape or murder!
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Using a drug isn't equivalent to rape or murder. Wtf is you problem?

IT'S A VICTIMLESS CRIME, MORON.
And heroine abuse is a victimless crime. No one with kids has ever done heroine. Ever.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012
Make it fully legal and you make it perfectly possible to support your addiction. (you could probably buy a months supply of heroin for 50 bucks. That is a drop in the water to all poor people. They get SSI and shit.)
Did I upset you?
not really

what, you want to upset people?

I knew you had a problem
Sorry. The caps and the insults made it seem like you were upset.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
Not speaking the truth offends me. You know smoking pot isn't the equivalent to rape and murder. The only thing they have in common is that they are a crime. Pot shouldn't be a crime.
You must hate yourself then. I know I would.
ISolitude Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
I never said they had anything in common.

I don't think you can blame me for your offense here.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012
What was your point then?
(1 Reply)
:iconmeanus:
meanus Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
better yet, if our government started selling drugs, think of the money the rich politicians could make...of course all those lawyers would lose billion in fees they get defending dope dealers
:iconsaidryian:
Saidryian Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Screw the 40 billion, think of what it would happen to drug dealers with elaborate smuggling schemes find out people can now go buy and buy drugs from the local pharmacy. Bender: "Well, we're boned!'
:iconvisionoftheworld:
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
The local pharmacy will not stock supplies of narcotics that can kill the user with one dose, or lead to the user committing a crime getting violent and hurting other people. The liability is too high. Get real.
:iconhustlerdu:
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
well alcohol can kill with one dose or lead users to committing crimes or hurting people, but that is legal, and the sky isn't falling. what if they restrict other drugs by age like alcohol and keep it away from young kids, make it illegal to supply minor. and you could even take it a step further than alcohol and make it so even when you're an adult limit the amount you're allowed to buy and have at a time.
Yeah, people on drugs have never committed a crime or hurt someone before.
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
i don't even know what your point is. sober people commit crimes and hurt people. most people on drugs dont hurt anyone or commit any crimes, it's the exception not the rule when that happens.
You said alcohol can lead to people committing crimes as if other drugs haven't lead other people to commit crimes as well.
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
no he was saying we cant make something legal that makes people violent and commit crimes or are lethal with one does, i was making the point the alcohol is all of these things, and is legal, and our society handles it accordingly.
:icondregs-of-humanity:
dregs-of-humanity Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
one dose of anything sold at the pharmacy wouldn't kill anyone, dying from drugs is called overdosing for a reason champ, anyone taking more than the instructions on their vial of heroin tells them to is not the fault of the pharmacy.

Almost all heroin overdoses are caused by the varying potency of the stuff on the street, supplying people with a regulated pure source of heroin would pretty much eliminate overdoses.
Or you could not supply people with heroine.
dregs-of-humanity Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
btw 'heroine' is a female hero, heroin is a drug.
dregs-of-humanity Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012
Because that idea has worked wonderfully for the last 90 years.
Yeah it has. Look at how many people are not on heroin all the time.
dregs-of-humanity Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Because if heroin was legalised every man and his dog will immediately rush to the store to get themselves some right?
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Nope.
:iconsaidryian:
Saidryian Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
I was talking about the lighter drugs like marijuana, but a drug is already available that can kill a user with one dose (granted a very big ong), and it does lead to users committing crimes, getting violent, and hurting other people. Alcohol :P
VISIONOFTHEWORLD Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
40 Billion bucks to keep the supply of narcotics under control and people like you in their houses where they can't hurt anybody else is MONEY WELL SPENT.
:iconeman333:
Eman333 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Photographer
The drug supply is under control? I guess you're right. The drug cartels and gangs control it pretty well.
You're brill. I bet it would really be under control and off the streets if anyone could just buy it from anyone on any street corner anywhere!!! Oh yeah, the whole country getting high- that's the solution to all our problems!
Eman333 Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Photographer
Have you ever looked into what happens when it's legalized in other countries? I guess not.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
nice vision of the world, putting people in prisons
Damn straight! You break the law in my country, that's where you go.
Besides the law, do you really believe someone who smokes weed DESERVES to be in prison?
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Why do you limit your trolling endeavours to weed, drugs etc? You should get out of your comfort zone more often. :la:
Eman333 Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Photographer
I'm guessing it's because it's a topic that interests him?
hustlerdu Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Portugals new policy has been working well, [link]

"jail time was replaced with the offer of therapy"

" in the five years after personal possession was decriminalized, illegal drug use among teens in Portugal declined and rates of new HIV infections caused by sharing of dirty needles dropped, while the number of people seeking treatment for drug addiction more than doubled."

"Judging by every metric, decriminalization in Portugal has been a resounding success," says Glenn Greenwald, an attorney, author and fluent Portuguese speaker, who conducted the research. "It has enabled the Portuguese government to manage and control the drug problem far better than virtually every other Western country does."

use is down, deaths are down, crime is down, decriminalization works better and is cheaper than prohibition
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
The problem with drugs, or mainly weed is people underestimate it. People just go, nah its cool, just chills ya bro. Then people think its fine to drive while intoxicated. They think its less dangerous and less obvious than alcohol, so they think they're okay.
:iconajglass:
AJGlass Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012  Professional Artisan Crafter
The problem with drugs, or mainly weed is people underestimate it.

Unlike how they underestimate pharmaceuticals? :confused:
:iconself-epidemic:
Self-Epidemic Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Thats actually a really good point, and you're right. A lot of people don't think/read of the risks and put themselves and others in danger.
:icontrorbes:
Trorbes Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012
Drug education, like sex education, only works when the message is not "don't do it!"
:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It's certainly less dangerous to your personal health than alcohol (as long as your brain has fully matured before you start with it) but yeah. Intoxicated is intoxicated.
Add a Comment: