Closed to new replies
November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 66

we're screw'ed

:iconk-9girl:
k-9girl Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
who agrees that this country is going to fall apart.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconzeruch:
zeruch Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional General Artist
No, we're not. Feel free to grow up and do something that involves critical thinking and not just parroting spoon-fed ideological nonsense.
:iconrockygems:
RockyGems Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Student General Artist
Not for a good while yet. Between continental drift and naturally rising sea levels, several countries with coastlines are expected to be broken up or disappear in about 100 million years.
:iconlaurynmichella:
LaurynMichella Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Maybe, or maybe not. You could say that almost every single generation based on what goes on. Not happy at ALL that Obama won, but another four years isn't enough to make or break a country...is it?
:iconsherberttcat:
SherbertTCat Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Same thing every four years "We're doomed!"
:iconagent-sarah:
Agent-Sarah Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It was the same thing with the last presidents too.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
No one with a brain.
:iconshane-winters:
shane-winters Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
I think that there are nearly 200 nations to date, many of which are not in the greatest condition. When you say "this country" you are leaving a broad range of countries to be commented on. Please be specific.
:iconjethrobot:
Jethrobot Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012   General Artist
It already has fallen apart. Or are you not talking about Sweden?
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Who agrees that we need a better educational system?
:iconmeanus:
meanus Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
yeah, we should privatize the entire thing...government run anything is shit
Noo...
well the war on drugs is a success, the war on poverty is wonderful and the war on terror has been won...and public run schools are the best in the world and the post office is only a few hundred million in debt
:rofl:
:iconchakatblackstar:
ChakatBlackstar Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Since Americans tend to be the most common group to assume they're the only group on the internet I'm going to assume you're talking about the US. For the record, I think it's only a matter of time. I'd say within the next 100 years the US will undergo some sort of split or civil war. I used to think 50 years, but with the country reelecting Obama, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now.
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
If your typing is indicative of the educational level of your generation then yes; your country will fall apart.
:iconarchangeltsuya:
ArchangelTsuya Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Protip: When talking about Politics it helps to actually use proper grammar and an educated opinion so people respect you recognize what you're saying.
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why do you say that?
:iconpurpleamhariccoffee:
PurpleAmharicCoffee Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
There have been enough earthquakes lately to make people think that may happen.
:iconabstract-mindser:
Abstract-Mindser Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
By 'This country', you are painting an image that says, 'I am narrow minded and failed basic geography and social studies.'
:iconsynapticboomstick:
SynapticBoomstick Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes. The country is going to fall apart. In fact, since the world is flat, the country will open up across several areas and all the GOP folks will fall off. Then the country will close back together, pop some Tums, and possibly scratch itself.
:iconnovuso:
Novuso Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Damn straight this country is screwed. Fiscal cliff and massive tax hikes are coming. [link]

People are going to learn a hard lesson here that Actions have consequences. There is going to be a bill to pay for re-electing Obama.
:iconrestinmotion:
RestInMotion Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Except the fact that Romney would've done just as bad at best.
And businesses (i.e. you) need to stop feeling entittled to the corporate handouts you got over the years.
:iconklaxonlithology:
KlaxonLithology Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Oh, shove it.

We could use a damned tax hike.
if you want to pay more taxes...who has been stopping you?????
KlaxonLithology Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Nobody wants to pay more taxes.

Most people don't want to lose the public good we've been getting. Social Security, national security, medicare, medicaid. So the government is trying to keep the public goods while letting people have less taxes. That doesn't fucking work. You want more from the government, you pay more to the government.
I have been saying all along we're turning into a bum nation...thanks for the backup
Not a backup. :lol:
This economy needs a tax hike like it needs a hole in the head. Small business are being taxed to death. A business that is just barely breaking even after taxes will not survive this hike. If they can't afford to pay taxes and stay open then those businesses are just going to close. No job for you.
:icontrorbes:
Trorbes Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012
Why should we afford more special treatment for businesses than we do for people? If a person lives beyond their means, we expect them to tighten their belts and deal with it; why should we not expect the same for a business? The US has been through periods where the top income tax bracket neared 90% and we still had a strong economy, so forgive me for not seeing how life will go on if we end the tax breaks.
Pft. I'd get a job regardless. Getting a degree in a field with high demand has its perks.
:iconmmorpger:
mmorpger Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Writer
We're all adults, assuming we voted, and if we didn't understand that actions had consequences, we wouldn't function in the adult world. Don't be a patronizing prick just because people have a different set of expectations from you about what the consequences of those actions will be.
Many Obamabots can't function in the real world. That is why they are on welfare, food stamps, and unemployment and don't care about jobs and taxes. If there are to be jobs and wealth creation there needs to be an environment that is conductive to business. Business expectations are the foundation of a growing economy. That is why the stock market was down 300 points today.
:iconmmorpger:
mmorpger Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Writer
I'm very sorry that your party terrorizes and brutalizes you into believing a very scary bed time story about liberals, and the causes of America's now 10+ years long recession.
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
"who agrees that this country is going to fall apart."

none more than we've been for the last 4 years, of 12, or 20, or 32 for that matter.

do the math, and you'll find what I am talking about.
KlaxonLithology Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I'll assume you're talking about the recession cycle.
:iconjackmolotov3:
JackMolotov3 Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
presidential election cycle
Or rather, when the president elected has changed parties from the previous.
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Professional General Artist
There's pros and cons in every country's government and, believe me, if your leaders were that bad the country would be a smoking crater already...or like the Middle East. Be glad you have what u have and live there instead of Africa or something; then you'd really have something to bitch about.
:iconscythepuppet:
scythepuppet Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Good discussion.
:iconvelvetfish:
VelvetFish Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Filmographer
:icondealwithitplz:
:iconmtgjaice:
MTGJaice Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
There are actually quite a few measures in place to keep the USA from falling apart, also one president cannot alone make the country fall apart unless he orders the football to be thrown at us, AKA nuke us with our own bomb. However, if you really want to see things get changed vote in your local elections, they are often times the ones that make the most impact in your daily life.
:iconempiredice:
empiredice Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
It might, but if it does it isn't because of Obama. To be precise, my dad and I already saw that we were heading in this direction before Bush's first term had ended. (Not blaming Bush either, although he made it worse there is no single person to blame.) America falling apart may have already been inevitable by that time.
:icondeusmaisro:
DeusMaisro Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Both candidates sucked, what're you going to do.

I'm glad with the outcome since I'd rather have a guy that gets nothing done than a Mormon who fucks shit up.

But then again; I can't tell the future so maybe Romney could've actually helped and maybe obama will get something done this time .
only time will tell and any stupid republican who is still complaining or even democrat for that matter should shut the fuck up, it's over and no one can do anything about it.
:iconebolabearvomit:
EbolaBearVomit Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Only an idiot thinks the sky is falling.
:iconcommander-c:
COMMANDER-C Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Only an ignorant is this sceptic.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
Only an idiot thinks the US's problems can be solved immediately
:iconcommander-c:
COMMANDER-C Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Good thing I don't think as so :) We are far from a quick fix, my friend.
:iconj-goth:
J-Goth Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student General Artist
I don't, it's already broken, we have four years to try and fix it, if we can't, better luck next time.
:icontimlavey:
TimLavey Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Sweden falling apart? I don't really see that.
Add a Comment: