United States of the World

What do you think about this idea?

Asking every country in the world if they want to be apart of the United States. It would be a big plus for any third world country because we would improve them.

Plus, we would gain their military.

I wouldn't use it though. Just get rid of a certain amount of BOTH militaries so that the United States' military budget is equal to that of the rest of the world, like it already is.

And, it would be easy as cake, by just making their country a, 51st and beyond, one of our states.

The main reason I thought of this idea was that it would reduce the world wide military budget overall.

More states, less military, and we remain the world's only superpower.
Comments195
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I fear a larger USA would only make things worse. Many republican states and rural areas are already being ignored, jobs are being taken over by illegal aliens, and the economy is not getting any better. My solution would be to downsize, not to become larger. I believe that becoming smaller would help the manageability of the states and their polar opposite opinions.
us of the world, sounds too much like forcing one world (religion, money, etc) I don't ever see it happening since so many countries have their own method of living and the way the usa is at the moment I don't know if other countries like the ideas of being a part of "this". inheriting a mess sounds more troublesome than helpful to any country. I am not so certain I want to gain this mess anyways if I was another country. there would be a lot of discussion coming about to be more tolerate of people's cultures, religions, way of life, etc. before this could even be considered.
The USA is a first-world country. Do you know how many third and second world countries there are. Name one of them that wouldn't want to join us for the possibility of being with one of the greatest civilizations in history.
First of all; the idea of ONE government for the entire world is terrifying and things could go out of balance very quickly.

Secondly, I'm norwegian and I can say for sure that we are MUCH better off without you guys. Go start a war or something, we're good.
Yeah, it would be like the World State from Brave New World.

Go start a war or something, we're good.

That was rude and uncalled for.
Who said there would be ONE government? That's impossible. Only a handful of countries would join us.
Well, empires all fail. So, if USA became USW then that will fall really fast because there would be way too many disagreements. I want be surprised if USA falls soon, though, since it is an empire.
The only word to describe that would be fiasco.
Empires have a history of messy self destruction.
Why US?

Why not make every country a part of, say, Iceland. That'd be much better, we could all say we're from the same country as Björk.
If Iceland asked every country in the world to be a part of it, not many would join. However, the United States is the world's only superpower... so... countries would want to join us because, they, would become a superpower.
I think most people would rather be a part of iceland than the USoA.

Iceland has björk, USoA only has obama.
But, soon, the USA will have MARIJUANA FULLY LEGAL!
Imperialism never lasted. It might prevail for years, decades or even centuries, but never really last.
We already are using Imperialism. Just take a look at how many troops and military bases are in other countries.
So I guess the USA will fall soon...
It would never work. Even in this high tech age, there are places on earth that are too remote and too primitive to be under the control of a nation whose capital is 2,000+ miles away. And there would always be people who would want to make their regions into countries, I'm sure their would be. Just look at the pressure in Isreal right now!
Don't even have to go that far, there are states in the US that want to separate from the US.
I like the idea of a unified global leadership, but your reasons are not good. Your arguments focus solely on the Military budget and management, but that is one of the minor issues. A better plan would probably be to form a cooperative government for all involved nations- a Congress or some Legislation Body, with representatives for former nations, who represent their interests to manage the former Nations collectively.
I kinda like that idea but then again I don't. America would be like an empire....and empires fall....
- Every 3rd world country we bring in would be too poor to be taxed, meaning we would either have to lower welfare SIGNIFICANTLY, basically eliminating it, or we would have to have our taxes literally go to the income of the population of an entire state. And that's just for one state. If we bring in Somalia, Sudan, Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda, etc... Forget that, man. We'd be paying millions in taxes just to keep those people alive. Or you know, we'd lower welfare so low that few citizens currently living in the U.S would qualify. Good job.

- We would gain their military? Wooo! That's great. After all, we know just how huge, threatening, successful, organized, and powerful the military in 3rd world countries are, right?

- It would not be easy as cake. But you saying that doesn't surprise me as you are just ignorant to basically everything. So that's a freebie.

- It wouldn't reduce the world wide military budget. That's a moronic thing to say. Because you see, we are one of the best military's in the world. We bring in the military of 3rd world countries? They adopt OUR style and OUR way of doing things. Meaning they are not spending more. There are more people spending more but somehow this equals spending less? Don't think so.

- We don't need to be the world's only superpower. Kid, something tells me you've never taken a history class or heard the expression about flying too close to the sun.
Wow, and here I thought you couldn't possibly say anything dumber. I actually feel that feeling normal people get when having a conversation with someone who is mentally challenged.
You don't know how to respond to me.