November 7, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 195

United States of the World

:iconinfinitetolerance:
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 7, 2012
What do you think about this idea?

Asking every country in the world if they want to be apart of the United States. It would be a big plus for any third world country because we would improve them.

Plus, we would gain their military.

I wouldn't use it though. Just get rid of a certain amount of BOTH militaries so that the United States' military budget is equal to that of the rest of the world, like it already is.

And, it would be easy as cake, by just making their country a, 51st and beyond, one of our states.

The main reason I thought of this idea was that it would reduce the world wide military budget overall.

More states, less military, and we remain the world's only superpower.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhatchedfromtree:
HatchedFromTree Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I fear a larger USA would only make things worse. Many republican states and rural areas are already being ignored, jobs are being taken over by illegal aliens, and the economy is not getting any better. My solution would be to downsize, not to become larger. I believe that becoming smaller would help the manageability of the states and their polar opposite opinions.
:iconangelxxuan:
angelxxuan Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional Writer
us of the world, sounds too much like forcing one world (religion, money, etc) I don't ever see it happening since so many countries have their own method of living and the way the usa is at the moment I don't know if other countries like the ideas of being a part of "this". inheriting a mess sounds more troublesome than helpful to any country. I am not so certain I want to gain this mess anyways if I was another country. there would be a lot of discussion coming about to be more tolerate of people's cultures, religions, way of life, etc. before this could even be considered.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
The USA is a first-world country. Do you know how many third and second world countries there are. Name one of them that wouldn't want to join us for the possibility of being with one of the greatest civilizations in history.
:iconfreyv:
freyv Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
First of all; the idea of ONE government for the entire world is terrifying and things could go out of balance very quickly.

Secondly, I'm norwegian and I can say for sure that we are MUCH better off without you guys. Go start a war or something, we're good.
:iconcosmic--chaos:
Cosmic--Chaos Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah, it would be like the World State from Brave New World.

Go start a war or something, we're good.

That was rude and uncalled for.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012
Who said there would be ONE government? That's impossible. Only a handful of countries would join us.
:iconssensory:
ssensory Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Writer
Well, empires all fail. So, if USA became USW then that will fall really fast because there would be way too many disagreements. I want be surprised if USA falls soon, though, since it is an empire.
:iconzer05um:
Zer05um Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional General Artist
The only word to describe that would be fiasco.
infinitetolerance Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Why?
:iconzer05um:
Zer05um Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional General Artist
Empires have a history of messy self destruction.
Add a Comment: