I'm curious as to who the Republicans are gonna blame for losing the presidential election...

I've already been reading this for a while, but now that Obama won the second term, the blame game has started. Who's to blame for Romney losing? Romney himself? The Tea Party? Chris Christie? Themselves?
Comments270
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Lots and lots of reasons that are solely based on opinion and facts mixed together from random people all over the world.
Probably calling this so-called 47% of America, who according to Romney, needs to use government welfare to protect their family from starvation and give their children a future lazy ass bums had something to do with it. I have never known someone who won an election by calling the half of their population idiots.
Santorum just blamed the "homosexual cabal."
Anybody not of their religion?
they are definitely going to blame twitter. xx
Republicans have never bothered to cater to minority groups but white people are no longer a majority in the USA and their % of the total population is going to shrink even further. If Republicans think they can still get into office without making any effort to get minority votes then they can kiss goodbye to Congress and the presidency because it will be an uphill struggle from here.

They have only themselves to blame. They thought that playing the rigid, uncompromising act would get them into office. It failed and if they keep it up for another 4 years, they will fail again and will keep failing as their voter base shrinks.
The Republican party is still convinced that the only voter demographic of interest is the straight white male. This is why they had no problem with dismissing - if not outright insulting - women, gays, and non-whites and the issues which pertain to those groups, and generally acting like their own narrow self-interests are the only things which matter.

They'll continue to blame the Democrats for 'pandering' to 'minority voters,' but as the straight white male vote becomes much less significant to the overall vote, they'll need to adapt, or else die an ignoble, lonely death.
Based on what I've already seen in this forum they're blaming the ignorant/bums which are people that don't pay income tax or something equally ridiculous since they're convince anyone that's against republican is so on the basis they want free handout rather then... ya know... because the republicans are a group of detached old fart that don't understand how a country works and therefore have no room running a country.
meanus et al are in denial, and I dont mean the one in Egypt.

Its THEIR insane antics that drove people away from them
Indeed :/. I love how our local republitards just can't accept it their attitude that's chasing people away, not anything Obama is doing.

Obama could have said 0 this entire election and I still think he would have been re-elected based solely on the shit Romney and his ilk said in regards to stuff like low income people, rape, healthcare, gay marriage and other sensitive subjects.

Really just goes to show how much of manchildren they are. They can't even accept that they could have a hand in their failures, nope, its always everyone else being dumb! Because ya know women totally vote for Obama because they want handouts not because the representative of the republicans say stupid shit like women's don't get pregnant from "legitimate" rape because their bodies insta reject embryos after rape :| no couldn't be related to saying something so blatantly rapist apologetic and misogynistic.
Probably the postal service. Military absentee ballots were delivered late due to an earlier mis-delivering (is that even a word?) and might have swung the election in Romney's favor.

[link]
The answer, my friend, is the Electoral College - and Popular Vote. Simply put, commoners want us to become the next Soviet Union, apparently.
In other words, Romney lost because of democracy.
In a sense. I don't know how "democratic" the Electoral College is, however. I am skeptical about them, to be honest, as I'm always scrutinizing government in general, but that relates more to the direction the USA is heading as opposed to who won the Presidency.
Just to play the devil's advocate, didn't Bush beat Al Gore with the electoral vote in 2000?
Aye. And people hate Bush, ya? Supposedly, he accelerated our descent, and therefore Obama will follow suit. Why? Because that is the apparent job of the Electoral College. The Popular Vote says we consent to this person accelerating us towards descent.

Or that is my interpretation of our modern-day politics. :shrug:
Obama also won the popular vote.
That just means the common people consent to his direction towards our downfall. It doesn't matter who wins or which faction you support. They're all ugly.
My reaction exactly.
Even I can't understand this one.
I dont know if hes being sarcastic or not